CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

:) Just to make everybody happy, here are the tenants that were listed on the old site plan:

Costco

Sports Authority

Rooms To Go

Petco

DSW shoe store

Michael's

Lifestyle Fitness

Cheesecake Factory

Ruth's Chris and/or Maggianos

Starbuck's

Chipotle

REI-2 stories tall

Five Guys

Ben and Jerry's or Maggie Moos

Aloft, Element, Hyatt Place, or Springhill Suites hotel

Border's Bookstore

David's Bridal

FedEx-Kinkos

Hollywood 20 movie theater

Camilles Cafe

Bravo and/or Biaggis

Edited by g-man430

Y'all might be interested in this:

http://www.menindevelopment.com/index.cfm?...6&x=2616983

Specifically, check out some of the tenants listed on the site plan:

http://www.trustedpartner.com/docs/library...site%20plan.pdf

DSW, Michael's (relocating from Laurens Road), REI, Borders, Chipotle, Starbucks, Ruth's Chris/Maggiano's, Cheesecake Factory, etc...

And the hotel: Aloft/Element/Hyatt Place/Springhill Suites

:shades:

Edit: Sorry if someone posted this while I was in Florida and I missed it...

This was all new to me also. I had not seen this new site plan with these new retailers/restaurants written in on here before, but maybe I missed it? Regardless, thanks for posting the info because now I feel like I am one step closer to my Chocolate Silk Ribbon Cheesecake from TCF! Yippie!

Regardless, thanks for posting the info because now I feel like I am one step closer to my Chocolate Silk Ribbon Cheesecake from TCF! Yippie!

Nah man, it's all about the Dulche de Leche Caramel Cheesecake. It will literally make you want to slap somebody. :D

The county offices were only going to be 9 stories? :shok: That would have been what 40-50k square ft, footprint?

Once again, only in Greenville can you call a nine story building a "tower" :rofl:

If a hotel is still in the plans, one should be that tall, or hopefully taller.

REI is a very good choice, and being two levels makes it better.

This site plan is the one on Menin's site now (not Gulfside's), so I would presume that it's pretty much still in tact, including the hotel. The hotel is labeled as 150 keys/rooms, so I can imagine it being a floor or two shorter than the Drury Inn & Suites, or maybe the same height with such a small (roughly 12,000 sq. ft.) footprint.

REI just announced a new store for south Asheville. Would they build another one down here that close?

EDIT: CT story link -

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ID=200770508029

They sure would. :thumbsup: This is what they like to do. Multiple stores to a "market". Example: they have 3 stores in the Raleigh metro, one each in Raleigh, Cary and Durham.

Asheville is often looked at as an extension of the Greenville / Spartanburg / Anderson market, due to shared advertising / TV.

So yes, you can expect to see REI in Greenville, as previously posted in this thread. :thumbsup:

I've heard about this store for quite some time on here but I have never heard of REI before seeing it mentioned on here, can someone enlighten me as to what I have to look forward to from this store?

REI is an upscale, cool camping, hiking and the like store. You'll like it. It's a great addition.

REI is an upscale, cool camping, hiking and the like store. You'll like it. It's a great addition.

I agree. I prefer REI to Bass Pro Shops, but maybe that's just me. They tend to have more urban locations, although they are also much smaller than Bass Pro Shops. The first REI I ever went to was an urban location in the Fenway area of Boston, if that tells you anything. They don't seem to build locations in suburbs on huge tracts of land like our friends at Bass Pro Shops...

I actually went into REI for the first time today, and was quite impressed, although I usually hit up EMS because it's about 3 minutes from my apartment, and I don't have to deal with a rotary like I do to get to REI.

Did you go to the one in the Landmark Center in Boston, jarvisj3? That's the one I've been in.

Did you go to the one in the Landmark Center in Boston, jarvisj3? That's the one I've been in.

The one that I went to is in Reading, just off exit 40 off of Rt 128/I-95. I work in Wakefield, just on the other side of the rotary here. The one thing that gets me is really how small they are up here, not much bigger than say Half Moon on Laurens, or even the store thats in Travelers Rest, I think Sunset or something. Everything is wicked expensive, and the only really nice part ( to my wallet that is) is the fact that all clothing items in Mass. are tax free.

EMS is the same thing, and there is one on Comm Av near BU that I tend to frequent. To me they're a dime a dozen up here, same with Whole Foods and Wild Oats. The best part with EMS is they have a no questions asked return policy, and that was top notch with me and some hiking boots that I bought a few months ago.

They sure are tearing up the hill along Woodruff Rd. It appears they are putting in a new drainage system.

I can't figure out if all that excavating along the front of Woodruff Road is for a new entrance, or something else. I've seen equipment from what I think is Strange Bros. and another grading company out there in the past, although it looks like Strange Bros. is doing the current excavating.

Edited by Adam_5

As Galley stated, it appears that they are putting in a new drainage system right along Woodruff Road. I saw that this past weekend and at first thought they were just removing the hill, but then saw that they were definitely installing drainage pipes.

By the way, welcome to the forum, Adam_5! :thumbsup:

As Galley stated, it appears that they are putting in a new drainage system right along Woodruff Road. I saw that this past weekend and at first thought they were just removing the hill, but then saw that they were definitely installing drainage pipes.

By the way, welcome to the forum, Adam_5! :thumbsup:

Thanks! This thread has made for some interesting reading. :)

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! I absolutely must concur. That's a great shot. This is even more evidence that County Square needs to be redeveloped because that would be your amazing view! I wouldn't mind seeing a little more to the right if it were taken recent enough to include the current progress on McBee Station. :shades: Of course, even more recent and it would include the completed Hampton Inn and Suites and possibly the construction of the Terrace. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by GvilleSC

Have you all seen the awesome aerial shot of Greenville's downtown skyline on the Magnolia Park Town Center website? It is the very best I have seen from that angle! :shades:

The official website

Thanks for pointing this one out, Skyliner! I could be wrong, but I don't think that's an aerial. It appears to be a long exposure shot and it's far too clear to have been taken from a helicopter or airplane. It almost appears to have been taken from the top of the West End Market...

Thanks for pointing this one out, Skyliner! I could be wrong, but I don't think that's an aerial. It appears to be a long exposure shot and it's far too clear to have been taken from a helicopter or airplane. It almost appears to have been taken from the top of the West End Market...

Or the roof of Greenville High School.