CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

Nope. Sorry. The tenant list will not come out until early 2008 according to an email I got from somebody that works at Menin. I can tell you that Z Gallerie, Anthropologie, Ruth's Chris, Border's, REI, and Cheesecake Factory will probably definitely be coming. Even the Shopping Center Group's website now says 2 high-end hotels could possibly be coming to Magnolia Park. It's updated too, because the residential part that was on the description is gone: http://www.theshoppingcentergroup.com/cont...t-121-1-630.htm

This would be the post that led me astray. We're all on the same page now.

Edited by GvilleSC

• 4 weeks later...

Click Here!!

This link takes you to the site plan and elevations for the new Sports Authority.

Interesting... So if I read this site plan correctly, the Sports Authority is actually relocating to a different part of this development rather than remaining where it currently is? Looks like it's going to be a bit smaller and nicer of a store.

Wonder if they'll keep the Laurens Rd store open as well if they're even building a new store? Good to see they're getting a new facility, but also sort of sad; that store was the last remaining part of the original 1978 mall.

BTW, has anyone been over to the far right entrance to the mall over where Sports Authority was that's still standing? Can you look in the doors? I've been wondering what if you can, been wanting to try but I'm always busy when I go by there. Wonder if it's untouched and still looks like the mall.

From what I know and what I've heard, the power lines will be buried by the time of the center's grand opening (not Costco's opening, but the complete center's opening.....lines will still be in place for a while). When complete, it will be like Greenridge or The Point, with no visible power lines. At least that's the plan. :rolleyes:

I was over in Birmingham, Alabama (Hoover, to be precise) yesterday at a Lifestyle Center (can't remember the name...Creekside something-or-other) that was on the Bessemer Cut Off/John Hawkins Parkway (Highway 150) behind the Riverchase Galleria Mall. There was a VERY NICE Rooms-to-Go and RTG Kids (all in one building) over there. I would have to even consider it somewhat ... dare I say ... UPSCALE. If the RTG at Magnolia Park is anything like this one, it'll be very nice. I wish I had thought to have gotten some photos of this place, but it was early and I was in search of Breakfast at Panaera (and in need of coffee, too).

You may be familiar with this place, gsupstate?

RT,

My wife, dad and I drove through that area on our way to Austin a few weeks ago and I was shocked how beautiful the area is. The Hoover/Vestavia Hills suburbs of Birmingham are stunning with all of the green and hills. Dare I say, the area is prettier than the upstate? :o:o:o

Strangely enough we drove past both the Boy Scouts of America hq in Hoover (gorgeous building) and the Girl Scouts of america hq in Austin. Pretty neat coincidence.

I was over in Birmingham, Alabama (Hoover, to be precise) yesterday at a Lifestyle Center (can't remember the name...Creekside something-or-other) that was on the Bessemer Cut Off/John Hawkins Parkway (Highway 150) behind the Riverchase Galleria Mall. There was a VERY NICE Rooms-to-Go and RTG Kids (all in one building) over there. I would have to even consider it somewhat ... dare I say ... UPSCALE. If the RTG at Magnolia Park is anything like this one, it'll be very nice. I wish I had thought to have gotten some photos of this place, but it was early and I was in search of Breakfast at Panaera (and in need of coffee, too).

Patton Creek? Did it have a "Main Street" area with two levels of shops? That is a really nice RTG. I'm pretty sure the one in the big box area of Magnolia will be similar or better.

Welcome home! :)

Strangely enough we drove past both the Boy Scouts of America hq in Hoover (gorgeous building) and the Girl Scouts of america hq in Austin. Pretty neat coincidence.

My daughter got a kick out of that mini Statue of Liberty at the BSA HQ. I didn't realize that the GSA HQ had moved to Austin? I thought they were still in Savannah?

Patton Creek? Did it have a "Main Street" area with two levels of shops? That is a really nice RTG. I'm pretty sure the one in the big box area of Magnolia will be similar or better.

That's the one!!!! Thanks!!!! :-) I somehow knew you'd know the place. :lol: Yes - the main street with the two levels of shops I did get a couple of photos of - it was after breakfast/coffee. The RTG was kind of off to the side, so I'm not sure it was an official part of the development, but it fit right in and was very nice.

I haven't seen the one you mentioned in B'ham, but would imagine it's their new proto storefront design, which agreeably looks borderline upscale. While their merchandise never really will be, I have heard they'll use the same storefront proto at Magnolia. After seeing it at the Vegas show this year, I'm confident it's going to look great, even among a bunch of other "higher-end" tenants.

A Costco representative was actually standing outside of Whole Foods last weekend handing out cards and telling people that Costco would be opening soon. Whole Foods management ran them off....

I really found this kind of pathetic, to stand in a grocery store's own parking lot trying to recruit new customers.

Greenville's (The Upstate's) first Costco is opening its doors on August 16, at 8:00am. :)

A Costco representative was actually standing outside of Whole Foods last weekend handing out cards and telling people that Costco would be opening soon. Whole Foods management ran them off....

I really found this kind of pathetic, to stand in a grocery store's own parking lot trying to recruit new customers.

That is pretty sad. They really don't need to recruit customers...don't they realize that?