CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

Weren't city officials an developers supposed to make some kind of decision about the land around Sports Authority today? Meaning the old building or the new building??

I'm not sure, but I noticed as I drove by there this evening that it appears that the Rooms to Go site is being prepared, so I would imagine it should be going vertical soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but I noticed as I drove by there this evening that it appears that the Rooms to Go site is being prepared, so I would imagine it should be going vertical soon.

Hi.. It's been along time, but I was out there today, and it looks to me as if they have pulled everyone from there. Last time I was out there they had 3 trailers, now there are only 2, and there is nobody from Harper on site, and there are no equipment onsite too. So were is rooms to go being built ?

I see the article said one of the developments they did was Atlantic Station in Atlanta. I think it bodes well for the quality of the development with them involved. I've never been to Atlantic Station but passed it many times going through Atlanta and it looks awesome.

A Costco representative was actually standing outside of Whole Foods last weekend handing out cards and telling people that Costco would be opening soon. Whole Foods management ran them off....

I really found this kind of pathetic, to stand in a grocery store's own parking lot trying to recruit new customers.

Now Costco is setting up tables at local gyms trying to get business, I stood in line outside Costco to buy my cards.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Menin Development has signed on The McGarey Group (retail consultants) to merchandise / lease Magnolia Park. McGarey is a national group that has been involved with numerous high end / unique shopping venues, including Atlantic Station in Atlanta and Gallery Place in DC. Magnolia Park will be unlike anything yet seen in South Carolina.......guarantee. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The McGarey Group website:

http://www.themcgareygroup.com/

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know why the Montgomery Ward, complete with the store sign, is still standing? Is it there just so that the Sports Authority can remain unbothered with construction, and then once the new Sports Authority is built, the old (sort of- not that old!) Montgomery Ward and old Sports Authority will be demolished?

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing about Wards.....my guess would be that it'll be demolished along with the Sports Authority store, eventually. A shame that that store has been empty (2001-present) longer than it was occupied (1995-2000). It was a pretty nice building, if I recall. Same for the old Parisian, that was a VERY nice structure inside and out. Such a shame.

I was wondering the same thing about Wards.....my guess would be that it'll be demolished along with the Sports Authority store, eventually. A shame that that store has been empty (2001-present) longer than it was occupied (1995-2000). It was a pretty nice building, if I recall. Same for the old Parisian, that was a VERY nice structure inside and out. Such a shame.

And what a WASTE of money. How many millions do you think were wasted on building and demo of those stores? How many people could that money help? :wacko:

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone noticed the new site plan?? Looks promising...

http://www.menindevelopment.com/magnolia2.html

Looks good... I wonder if they'll have a little trolley going from parking lot to parking lot and then to stations around the "Town" Kind of reminds me of a resort town or something. Kind of looks like alot of the developments they are building down in Florida in the Bonita Springs area. I wonder if that "Gourmet Grocery" is going to be Trader Joes?? Looks like alot of restaurants! Can't wait for a tennent list.