CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

Odd that a coffee shop with only one store in the world which is located in New Orleans would pick Greenville for their second location. Oh and does the old Greenville Mall site remind anybody else of a larger than life Pinnacle on Main site? :rolleyes:

One store???? This company is a chain with stores in several Southeastern states.....Florida, NC, etc. Not sure where you got "one store". ;)

One store???? This company is a chain with stores in several Southeastern states.....Florida, NC, etc. Not sure where you got "one store". ;)

Oops. I was looking at the wrong thing on their website. :blush: I see where it shows the locations now. :)

Edited by citylife

So does that mean that the rumor about The Grape going to Magnolia Park is not true? I was really hoping they would turn up there, as it seems like a great tenant for an upscale lifestyle center like Magnolia Park.

I don't think PJ's has any bearing on The Grape. Magnolia will be heavy with restaurants/bars to keep an energetic/entertainment buzz going. Both should coexist nicely.

When is construction going to start back on this thing? When they have enough tenants?

I'm hearing Spring 2009. I know that seems like a long time but it's really not. You have to remember that Menin bought this site in March 2007 so that would make it two years between buying the site and starting construction. Easley Town Center, which consists of a lot less than this project was in the works for three years before it started construction.

I'm hearing Spring 2009. I know that seems like a long time but it's really not. You have to remember that Menin bought this site in March 2007 so that would make it two years between buying the site and starting construction. Easley Town Center, which consists of a lot less than this project was in the works for three years before it started construction.

When you couple that with the fact that it is larger, mixed-use, multi-level... it may take some time to figure out all the moving parts.

• 3 weeks later...

I meant the Menin and the McGarey sites have been slightly updated. Nothing has changed on the Magnolia Park website.

I don't really see anything updated on those sites either. The McGarey Group's website still says "opening fall 2009" even. It doesn't take a genius to figure out this town center won't open then. Do you know when a preliminary tenant list is scheduled to be released? :dontknow:

Edited by citylife

Thanks for the update citylife !!

Any word on whether the hotel/office element is still part of the project?

Yes. Both are still part of the project. The Furman Company/Grubb and Ellis is currently trying to lease the proposed office space to tenants. Expect office space above retail and above one or both of the parking garages along I-385. 375,000+ square feet of office space. The hotel will be 70,000 square feet with 135 rooms. Loft style residential units will also be available above the retail units.

Edited by citylife

Yes. Both are still part of the project. The Furman Company/Grubb and Ellis is currently trying to lease the proposed office space to tenants. Expect office space above retail and above one or both of the parking garages along I-385. 375,000+ square feet of office space. The hotel will be 70,000 square feet with 135 rooms. Loft style residential units will also be available above the retail units.

Muchas Gracias for the info. !! Glad to hear this is still a truly mixed-use project. Maybe if Project Teal does come to Gville, it will go DT or if not there, the Magnolia Park project.

• 1 month later...

The first phase of the construction (Rooms to Go and about 40,000 square feet of retail on Woodruff Road) will start end of this year/beginning of next year with a late Fall 2009 opening. :) The rest of the project will open in spring 2010. The project is moving forward even with the economy, which is great news.

Edited by citylife

• 1 month later...