CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

Personally, i'm hoping it is another mirage. I would love to see the old Montgomery Ward and current Sports Authority buildings on site torn down to make way for a real mixed use development. Having Superplay USA stall is a winner in my book.

I agree. At this point, I would much rather hold out a little longer for a really nice town center-style development than have such a prime piece of land used on junk just to fill empty storefronts.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Very interesting that Babies R Us and Toys R Us and a Mexican restaurant are indicated on the drawings- I'd assume that they would have thus signed letters of intent or leases, although I have no way of knowing for sure. More vacancies on Haywood Road then?

Toys R Us and Babies R Us have been rumored for a long time to be moving to Woodruff Road. The odd thing is that Toys R Us just got done renovating their store. This renovation led me to believe it was cancelled. :dontknow: Another odd thing though is I don't see either retailer's tenant spot on the site plan anywhere. :huh: I just see their names on the sign, unlike the small shops and mexican restaurant which have site plans and names listed. Maybe the signage document was made before Toys R Us and Babies R Us decided to back out or they're just waiting until a later date to submit building plans to the planning commission. :unsure:

Edited by citylife

Regional, offering "Southeastern Mexican zest." http://www.laparrilla.com/ Current locations in Greater Atlanta area only. "Zagat Rated" but mixed reviews.

SouthEASTERN Mexican zest? (BLANDness alarm going off!) yawn.gif (Kidding. Calm down.)

Love Mexican food, and another restuarant is always welcome. The competition may force some of the existing players to step up their game! Good for us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Menin Development is ready to break ground on four new buildings fronting Woodruff Road between Rooms To Go and McDonald's totaling around 45,000 square feet according to the Greenville News. Cheddar's Casual Cafe and La Parilla have signed leases for the restaurant outparcels that will be built on either side of the main entrance in front of the old Montgomery Ward building. There are other tenants in various stages of negotiation with some about ready to sign a lease but Menin wouldn't elaborate on who they might be.

What a fascinating urban design revolution they've created...a development composed entirely of outparcels.

Not sure what you mean by entirely. It's only phase 3 of the development. The rest of it is slated be built in the future once the economy improves further from what I hear. The site plan even from way back in 2006 has always called for out-parcels on that section of Magnolia Park. Here is a news article from WYFF talking about this: http://www.wyff4.com...696/detail.html :)

I do wish though that Superplay USA would have been a Dave and Busters instead. :( Not at all happy with that.

Edited by citylife

That's all well and good to talk about hypotheticals. But until (call me skeptical) that part gets built...the development will be comprised entirely of outparcels.

Can't argue with that sadly. I'm just glad to finally see some movement on the site after years of nothing with the exception of Rooms To Go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Old Navy is already located at Magnolia Park so I highly doubt you'll see them sign a new lease and move elsewhere in the development. Direct from the website:

Located in Greenville, South Carolina, the Magnolia Park campus currently consists of approximately 700,000 square feet of existing retail space anchored by the top performing Regal Cinemas in North and South Carolina, Sports Authority, Rooms To Go, Costco Wholesale Club, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Old Navy.

La Parilla has signed a lease. The others listed haven't yet to my knowledge.

Edited by citylife

I would think that with construction underway and parking lots being ripped up there would be a definate site plan at least from the montgomery ward building forward. Do you think they just havent updated their site or are they waiting on a better tenant list before making it public?

I am curious to know who they are in negotiations with.

We have enough Cherrydale and Greenridge shopping types. I hope T"R"U is not what they are calling their big box anchor. Maybe a Crate and Barrel or at least a Container Store.

Edited by greenvilleguy