CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

• 1 month later...

Looking at the full site plan, it's really not that bad IMO. For perspective, it's the orange building on the right side of the complex in front of the future parking garage: http://www.magnoliapark.com/siteplan.html Even though you're right with it being single use, it will still be very close to the other buildings within the town center portion of the development and is slated to be connected to a parking garage. I'm hopeful.

Edited by citylife

I'm very excited. I've always wanted to go to one but can't justify going to Atlanta or Charlotte just for that and I don't want to waste any vacation time sitting in one. I can't believe that Greenville is actually getting one but maybe this development can get a sort of nightlife going on. They have Carolina Ale, the movies and now this. A few more bars or late night eateries and it could get a good atmosphere, especially if they follow their current plans. I wish they could add some apartments to this development. I would like to live in walking distance to these attractions, especially because I can't afford downtown right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else notice what looks to be a rendering for a hotel on the other side of the movie theater? Could just be for design aspect but still...

It's slated to be apartments. Another midrise for office space is also planned on site. If you look on the site plan, they're slated for the two medium sized parking lots that border I-385.

The old Montgomery Ward building is slated to be torn down to make way for retail and a new road within the town center that will connect to the current three way intersection located directly in front of Montgomery Ward's.

As stated previously, the midrises are slated to get built on the two medium sized parking lots seen on the site plan that border I-385 within the town center.

Edited by citylife

Wake me up when something exciting really happens at this eyesore of a "planned" development.

What's wrong with what is being planned there currently? How can it be an eyesore if it hasn't gotten built yet? I see a mixed-use town center with retailers, restaurants, office space, residential apartments, parking garages, etc that Menin is finally moving forward on while following the site plan shown. Sorry but I don't see anything to complain about.

Edited by citylife

The old Montgomery Ward building is slated to be torn down to make way for retail and a new road within the town center that will connect to the current three way intersection located directly in front of Montgomery Ward's.

As stated previously, the midrises are slated to get built on the two medium sized parking lots seen on the site plan that border I-385 within the town center.

I know that that is the plan but if you look at the page second from last. The second picture is a side view of the garage. Right behind it is the movie theater and right behind that is a mid/high rise. I didn't see on the plan any mid or high rises planned for directly left of the theaters. On the site plan it shows a row of stores facing towards a side road. Either those stores have offices or apartments above them or that building is actually the smaller square building directly next to the green....

Someone look at that and tell me if that is what they see. The page that says parking garage 2, top right photo. In the photo I'm talking about you can still see the parking lots behind the theater.

That midrise appears to replace the former Montgomery Ward building, which is no longer shown on the site plan at http://www.magnoliapark.com/siteplan.html. Can you confirm, citylife?

I know that that is the plan but if you look at the page second from last. The second picture is a side view of the garage. Right behind it is the movie theater and right behind that is a mid/high rise. I didn't see on the plan any mid or high rises planned for directly left of the theaters. On the site plan it shows a row of stores facing towards a side road. Either those stores have offices or apartments above them or that building is actually the smaller square building directly next to the green....

Someone look at that and tell me if that is what they see. The page that says parking garage 2, top right photo. In the photo I'm talking about you can still see the parking lots behind the theater.

I went back, looked at the PDF file, and now see what you mean by the midrise being located there. My guess is that this midrise is planned for the long red structure area that runs north to south just to the left of Hollywood 20 you see on the site plan. It looks like a hotel or apartments with retail/restaurant space on the ground floor but that's just a guess.

Edited by citylife