CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

I went back, looked at the PDF file, and now see what you mean by the midrise being located there. My guess is that the midrise shown there is planned for the long red structure area just to the left of Hollywood 20 you see on the site plan.

Cool, we weren't expecting some height there. It does look to be the longer red building from the plan. With that building and two "proposed" towers, this could have some real visual interest and would differentiate itself from other shopping areas. Maybe it can draw some retailers from Greenridge when it is more complete. (Not that I hate Greenridge but the traffic there doesn't have as good of a flow as it seems this area would have). I actually hope Greenridge stays nice like it is since it has high build quality and landscaping. They just need more exits!

How tall are the other 2 backlot mid rises suppose to be?

The current site map one on the side of the movie theater looks to be 10 story, so just wondering. Im guessing these would include basement parking garages?

Are these part of a bigger part2 plan?

Also, Is Sport Authority moving anywhere? Or will Dick's be enough (same company)?

• 1 month later...

Ok so the cement slab for Toys R' Us still has nothing going on the last time I went past. What gives? It has been months! At this rate, the cement will crack before anything is built.

There was lots of construction equipment with workers on site when I went by today. And the cement slab for Toys R Us hasn't even been poured yet. It's just dirt right now as they are grading it. Are you sure you're looking at the right site? :unsure:

Edited by gman430

There was lots of construction equipment with workers on site when I went by today. And the cement slab for Toys R Us hasn't even been poured yet. It's just dirt right now as they are grading it. Are you sure you're looking at the right site? :unsure:

Unless they put something else on the ground a few months on the site, I thought it was cement and others have as well.

I guess Im just a little anxious to get the whole thing off the ground. The site has been down for so long, it just do not want to see it progress so slow now that the economy is somewhat back in the area (TD, airport, etc).

The Dave and Busters and parking garage have been approved, so wheres the construction?

The Montgomery Ward, the rest of the mall, and Sports Authority need to go...so why not do it now? Its not like the company that owns SA will lose business for Dick's is the same company and is across I85. Id rather see an open lot than a dead building waiting its death.

I did notice today they planted more trees I think along I385.

Edited by ausrutherford

Bids have to go out and site plan/building permits have to be approved by the city before construction can start on D&B and parking garage.

Sports Authority has to close or build another store either on site next to Toys R Us or elsewhere before it can be torn down. That section or phase of the development isn't currently scheduled to start construction until 2014 anyways.

Bids have to go out and site plan/building permits have to be approved by the city before construction can start on D&B and parking garage.

Sports Authority has to close or build another store either on site next to Toys R Us or elsewhere before it can be torn down. That section or phase of the development isn't currently scheduled to start construction until 2014 anyways.

Is this going to be done by the time the interchange is done in 2016?

Unless they put something else on the ground a few months on the site, I thought it was cement and others have as well.

I guess Im just a little anxious to get the whole thing off the ground. The site has been down for so long, it just do not want to see it progress so slow now that the economy is somewhat back in the area (TD, airport, etc).

The Dave and Busters and parking garage have been approved, so wheres the construction?

The Montgomery Ward, the rest of the mall, and Sports Authority need to go...so why not do it now? Its not like the company that owns SA will lose business for Dick's is the same company and is across I85. Id rather see an open lot than a dead building waiting its death.

I did notice today they planted more trees I think along I385.

Sports Authority and Dicks are not the same company according to everything I have found.

It's been empty for a year at least.

Seems like i was there just like 6 months ago.

Now makes me wonder what Sports Authority will do when their building needs to go. Move back to Laurens? Theres no bigger buildings planned before that building is torn down. Unless they decide to stay closed for a year, but that can mean sales suicide in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...