CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Magnolia Park Town Center

g-man430

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I've read some dumb things in my life...but this one is the latest candidate for dumbest.

"This is probably going to do for the east side of town what Mast General did for downtown."

Finally! Something that will bring more badly-needed traffic to Woodruff Road.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/greenville-news/National-retailer-to-open-100-000-sq-ft-store-in-Greenville/-/9654794/18139624/-/su7krb/-/index.html#ixzz2I5TUbxWm

• Like 1

I think this definitely should have been on Laurens, but all well.

So what happens to the current layout plan for the site?

I hope they are thinking of another parking garage...

I thought Cabela's would be going where the orange structure is between Toys R Us and Hollywood 20 right next to I-385: http://www.magnoliapark.com/siteplan.html Hope Menin doesn't decide to take out the whole town center and put Cabela's there. If they do I will have lost all respect for the the company. Edited by gman430

I thought Cabela's would be going where the orange structure is between Toys R Us and Hollywood 20 right next to I-385: http://www.magnoliapark.com/siteplan.html Hope Menin doesn't decide to take out the whole town center and put Cabela's there. If they do I will have lost all respect for the the company.

Im guessing it would have to be 2-story then. Im worried about parking, should they add another garage?

Jared Jewelers and Firebirds Wood Fired Grill have signed leases for Magnolia Park. Completion of entire development slated for end of 2014. 500,000 square feet of new retail, restaurant, and entertainment space is slated to be built between now and then. This figure includes a 180 room hotel and lifestyle center with 150,000 square feet.

Amazing how fast this development went from nothing to BOOM.

Edited by gman430

Jared Jewelers and Firebirds Wood Fired Grill have signed leases for Magnolia Park. Completion of entire development slated for end of 2014. 500,000 square feet of new retail, restaurant, and entertainment space is slated to be built between now and then. This figure includes a 180 room hotel and lifestyle center with 150,000 square feet.

Amazing how fast this development went from nothing to BOOM.

Motel or hotel? A low rise, 5 stories maybe?

PLEASE tell me that is a bad joke... No wonder they think they can be finished in 2014... Menin sucks if that's their answer for one of the most high profile, developable pieces of land in South Carolina. I hope the City rejects this POS.

More like a nightmare. I recommend everybody email the planning commission and voice their displeasure. I will be doing that for sure. I am fine with Cabela's layout but that parking lot in front just ruins everything and needs to go. With the huge parking garage to be built behind D&B what is that huge surface lot needed for anyways???

Edited by gman430

Sent this out:

Hello (name),

I am a member of the community and though I favor the Cabelas moving into Greenville, I must say I am horrified by the new site map presented by Menin Corp. for Magnolia Town Center. The old one had a downtown like feel in front of what was taken by Cabelas. Now those proposed buildings have been destroyed by a big parking lot that is not needed and is an eyesore. I supremely urge you to reject the new layout for Magnolia and make sure that Menin returns to the old layout.

Thank you from a very concerned citizen,

My name

Here is mine which I sent to the Planning Commission, City Council, and Nancy Whitworth who is the economic director for the city:

Hello.

I am a citizen of Greenville and was really looking forward to the mixed use development Menin Development had planned for Magnolia Park. However, after seeing the new site plan the developer came out with today (http://www.magnoliapark.com/siteplan.html) I have to say I am nothing short of angry and upset. I have no problem with the Cabela's itself or the layout of the store but the parking lot planned in front of it is nothing short of disgusting. With a huge parking garage slated for behind Dave and Buster's, a parking lot in front of Cabela's isn't needed anyways. I recommend the Planning Commission reject the proposal at least when it comes to the parking lot when it goes for approval and ask Menin to bring back the town center layout. This site is one of the most prime real estate sites in the state and deserves better than this. 

This is what stinks about this project being done so piecemeal.  Cabela's is probably the driver of the front parking.  They could have gone where Costco is instead if that hadn't already been developed.  The lot behind Regal should be garaged and the Cabela's frontal parking made into a Town Center continuation.