Rail Runner Express to start service fall 2006

Mith242

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Alex I have a question for you. I've heard there were two possible routes for the Rail Runner around Santa Fe. One following I-25 and one making it closer to some of Santa Fe's subdivisions. It sounds like they're leaning more towards following the I-25 route. Have you heard anymore on this? I think I've also gotten the impression it would be following I-25 between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. I was also curious if you had any idea how close they were planning on putting it near I-25. I don't get to follow news out there very closely.

Well since I seen to have already lost Alex as a source for more news. I've been trying to do a little research myself. While I don't know about the whole stretch between Albuquerque and Santa Fe a couple of routes were surveyed. It could possibly be in the median of I-25 in some areas. But I think it mainly has to do with how the topography is in certain areas. Still it would be weird to see the Rail Runner speeding along down the center of I-25.

• 6 months later...

I should be taking the Rail Runner for the first time this Labor Day weekend.

There's the New Mexico Wine Festival Saturday - Monday in Bernalillo and the Rail Runner is running special trains that weekend. Only $2 to ride to the Bernalillo station and there's then a free shuttle to the event.

There's also a festival at the Acoma Pueblo that I may be going to later on in the day, Sunday.

I picked a good weekend to go to New Mexico.

I should be taking the Rail Runner for the first time this Labor Day weekend.

There's the New Mexico Wine Festival Saturday - Monday in Bernalillo and the Rail Runner is running special trains that weekend. Only $2 to ride to the Bernalillo station and there's then a free shuttle to the event.

There's also a festival at the Acoma Pueblo that I may be going to later on in the day, Sunday.

I picked a good weekend to go to New Mexico.

• 1 month later...

From what I've heard they've already started preparations getting areas between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Although I think it will still be a while before that section is open. I'll be in Albuquerque in a couple of weeks and hope to check out the Rail Runner again now that all the stops around Albuquerque are open now. Last year at this time only a few stops were actually open. Speaking of Rail Runner, I keep forgetting to mention this. Did anyone see the Mythbusters where they tested the effects of high speed trains being able to 'suck' people at the station standing too close to the yellow line? That was done in Albuquerque with the Rail Runner.

Archived