Symphony Tower - 41 stories, 647 feet

Guest donaltopablo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

67301123_e829d81f43_o.jpg

I like this photo.

In my artsy fartsy voice:

Here we have a photo of Atlanta....a city waiting to escape the confinements of platitudinous business city. It shows how as the city builds it's image, there will no longer be any confinements on the it's own accention into international prominence. It's a youthful city caged........but for how long.

Can you imagine all the people who would be walking here and there if that many residential buildings were built. That is a pretty sight to me.
Well, who knows, Celeste? State Sen. Sam Zamarripa is quoted in the Business Chronicle today as saying that "Once you put a streetcar down Peachtree...it will look more like Shanghai than Dallas."

Well, who knows, Celeste? State Sen. Sam Zamarripa is quoted in the Business Chronicle today as saying that "Once you put a streetcar down Peachtree...it will look more like Shanghai than Dallas."

I read that. I don't know if I would go that far (at least not yet) but there is some serious density coming to Peachtree.

What is extremely encouraging though is to see so many of the players, from developers to power brokers, to politicians have a similar vision of what Atlanta can be.

I read that. I don't know if I would go that far (at least not yet) but there is some serious density coming to Peachtree.

What is extremely encouraging though is to see so many of the players, from developers to power brokers, to politicians have a similar vision of what Atlanta can be.

Yeah, I thought Sen. Zamarripa remarks leaned a little toward, er, hyperbole. But there's no denying it's an exciting time to be in Atlanta.

Slightly off topic, but quotes are fun, aren't they? The paper also queried several heavy-hitters in the commercial real estate business about the impact of the Georgia Aquarium.

John Heagy, Vice President of Hines, said, "It will be a major catalyst for continued growth in residential and retail areas."

Karen Burkhart Dick, Senior Vice President of Ackerman & Co., said, "It will not likely have a significant impact on the office and residential markets."

Andrew Ghertner, Executive Director of Cushman & Wakefield, said, "I think it will have little or no impact on office or residential."

It is exactly this kind of expert insight and knowledge that makes big bucks for some folks while schmucks like me sit around with nothing to go on but guesswork.

Archived