UNC-Charlotte Construction

unccmyway

7 hours ago, Trickbot said:

Walked around campus today to see some things. New library spaces are cool and useful as study rooms are at a premium in there. A disappointment though was that the renovated Belk Plaza was not completed yet, it was supposed to be done in July/ early August but is still closed off and no grass has been planted and the fountain is off from peeking through the construction fence. Here is a picture of the oldest item in UNCCs newly reopened rare collection a cuneiform tablet from 2000BC

20180820_145819.jpg

Was there Saturday with my third son who starts today as a Junior.  We assumed that they are waiting to get out of the dog days of summer to put the sod down.  It appeared that everything but the landscaping was completed.

Regarding Belk Plaza:

"Significant corrections are needed to the paver sidewalks, masonry seat walls, and fountain stone veneer before the Plaza can be fully opened."

The lawn stays closed for 3-4 more weeks while sod is established. Trees cannot be planted until late October.  Has a construction project ever finished on time in the history of this campus? 

https://facilities.uncc.edu/sites/facilities.uncc.edu/files/fields/projects/file/Belk Plaza.pdf

• Like 3

2 hours ago, R.Talbott said:

Not sure what they average but it does seem like they would have expanded by now. About 25-30k would be ideal 

about 14,000. We have been awful though. If we were even decent and remotely fun to watch, 20,000+ would be attainable.  It blows my mind Brad Lambert still has a job, but the decision to keep Judy Rose cost her hers, so for that, Lambert has my thanks. His ineptitude got us the #2 guy from the University of Florida and the #2 guy from Syracuse. I am optimistic the change in direction in leadership will pay dividends in future seasons.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Niner National said:

about 14,000. We have been awful though. If we were even decent and remotely fun to watch, 20,000+ would be attainable.  It blows my mind Brad Lambert still has a job, but the decision to keep Judy Rose cost her hers, so for that, Lambert has my thanks. His ineptitude got us the #2 guy from the University of Florida and the #2 guy from Syracuse. I am optimistic the change in direction in leadership will pay dividends in future seasons.

At least y'all won your first game. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some recent news:

The students housed in Moore Hall are being moved out early, transferring them to rooms across campus that have been made empty during the semester. It's about time to say your last goodbyes if you feel the need to do so. 

Here are some pictures of them tearing down the ugly old PATS building though. It's a shame we're losing the boiler tower though.

IMG_1995.thumb.jpg.62ad7dbc29aca36ef7d800021f944387.jpg

IMG_1996.thumb.jpg.41b808105bc9084f4a8855e857e433d2.jpg

IMG_1997.thumb.jpg.9674f0d6b140b4c9a0c69ac3d4cb8017.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, End_The_Sprawl said:

Some recent news:

The students housed in Moore Hall are being moved out early, transferring them to rooms across campus that have been made empty during the semester. It's about time to say your last goodbyes if you feel the need to do so. 

Here are some pictures of them tearing down the ugly old PATS building though. It's a shame we're losing the boiler tower though.

I'm curious as to what's replacing these buildings?

Wholly cow!  Thanks for the heads up.  I'm gonna need to check on the UNCC Website for their future campus plans.  Seems like there's Construction all over the Campus.  I wonder how all this construction compares with the other Large UNC Schools?  (NC State & UNC). 

Seems like UNCC's growth is tremendous

22 hours ago, End_The_Sprawl said:

Some recent news:

oh man.... i lived on campus freshman year across from the boiler tower in Sycamore Hall. It was my landmark for giving directions on campus...

• Like 2