unccmyway

UNC-Charlotte Construction

22 hours ago, End_The_Sprawl said:

Boiler tower coming down:

ScienceBuilding_construction_camera222.thumb.jpg.cd7f4f1659b92a0d08220a60389e25d9.jpg

One of the few items I would have like to see kept.. Oh well the new building should be fairly nice. Still not the most impressive thing ever for the price being payed. It is one of the worst areas of campus though so I'm glad they're cleaning it up. Also for the record screw PATS the Nazis of UNC Charlotte.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^^Oh man, that brings back memories.  I was in Cedar Hall in the late '80s and CAB was my primary dining hall.  They would often have shows out there in the amphitheater, including a killer '80s cover band that played fall '88.  All the Journey and Def Leppard a young man could want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Story about UNC Charlotte growth and the max. enrollment would be 40,000 with the land it has.

""Both PORTAL and UNC Charlotte are on a roll, with enrollment at the university topping 29,700 during the fall semester, an all-time high for the school that was founded in 1949. That number makes it third among other University of North Carolina System institutions, behind UNC Chapel Hill and N.C. State.  That’s getting close to the goal of 35,000 by 2025 set by Dubois. He now says the university may have to boost that goal. “We’re talking about it,” Dubois says. A study found the maximum number of students UNC Charlotte could handle is 40,000 with the amount of land it owns, Dubois says.""

subscriber article https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/02/11/photos-whats-driving-unc-charlottes-record-setting.html?ana=e_du_prem&s=article_du&ed=2019-02-11&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1549917642&j=86602611

They only have built on a third of the land on their current campus. With increased density, I find that approximation low. Im not sure they would ever reach that number, but i wish they would continue the efforts to bring a medical school to downtown campus and even a law program.

• Like 3

On 1/22/2019 at 10:39 AM, SentioVenia said:

^^Oh man, that brings back memories.  I was in Cedar Hall in the late '80s and CAB was my primary dining hall.  They would often have shows out there in the amphitheater, including a killer '80s cover band that played fall '88.  All the Journey and Def Leppard a young man could want.

I was in Moore Hall in the '80s but I'd sometimes come over to that dining hall for lunch for a change of atmosphere (and menu).

18 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

They only have built on a third of the land on their current campus. With increased density, I find that approximation low. 

Exactly what I was thinking.  Build taller.  

• Like 1