UNC-Charlotte Construction

unccmyway

On 8/16/2019 at 6:58 PM, KJHburg said:

the rubble of Moore Hall thanks to my nephew on campus. Today. 

Moore1.jpg

Moore2.jpg

Under that rubble you will find my heart.  Never again can I go there to reminisce about the countless wonderful times I had there.  To many of us who lived there that was sacred ground.  My home for five years is now lost to the ages, and there is little to left to remind me of what once was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the first screenshot is where the new in campus hotel is being built. In the 2nd screenshot though there is a large construction project going on between Snyder Road and the football practice field. I have tried finding out what is was on my own but cant find it for the life of me. Does anyone have any ideas on what it is?

Screenshot_20191016-001919_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20191016-001945_Maps.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Trickbot said:

In the first screenshot is where the new in campus hotel is being built. In the 2nd screenshot though there is a large construction project going on between Snyder Road and the football practice field. I have tried finding out what is was on my own but cant find it for the life of me. Does anyone have any ideas on what it is?

This was puzzling me too for a while. Nothing is being built there. I learned that they are only using that area to break up rocks that were excavated from the hotel site. (Why or for what purpose I have no idea.) This required knocking down a bunch of trees unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Today in 1960 construction started on the UNC Charlotte campus.  (Previously held at the old Central High now CPCC)Image  from the Twitter

UNcc1960.jpg

I’m always surprised by how much younger UNCC is compared to other public universities in North Carolina. Is there a reason why Charlotte got their university late? 

• 1 month later...