Greenville-Vision 2025

g-man430

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the Kudos. Y'all are the best.

I am the Executive Director of Greenville Forward. We are hoping to continue to improve the quality of life of all of us who live in the Upstate. To do this, we need the help of Greenville's most creative people.

Anyone out there who wants to help move Greenville forward, please let us know. One of our biggest goals is to find and engage Greenville's new talent to lead us into the next generation.

We need to hear from you and get your suggestions on how to make Greenville a great place to live, work, and play.

Give us your comments and ideas.

• 1 year later...

Reading through the Vision 2025 document again, I wanted to bring up more discussion about the proposed International Center, which would be a magnificent centerpiece for Greenville. The thought once again came to me that something of this magnitude and prominence would be virtually perfect for a location such as the current County Square property in downtown. Imagine the architecturally unique structures rising on the vista overlooking Falls Park on the Reedy and the CBD. It would be an excellent extension of the urban village atmosphere currently in place throughout most of downtown, not to mention it would be an excellent place for such a prominent international magnet. Of all the developments I have been hoping to witness in my lifetime, none is more important to me than this one, and I can think of no better location for it to be at than the former location of Furman University on University Ridge, overlooking our fair city's downtown masterpiece. :wub:

If people want to make projects like the International Center happen, Greenville Forward needs your help. Projects like this happen when the grassroots grows. If you would like to be on a group to invigorate projects like this, email Greenville Forward at [email protected].

I hope I didn't just violate any rules of this forum by disclosing this. Please let me know if I did, I am new at this.

Archived