Crime in Louisiana

dimebag1980

:(Yet another sign of the times, my friend. Believe me, when some of my best friends growing up were arrested for some very serious crimes, it was a wakeup call for me. Especially one guy I wasn't good friends with but I talked to sometimes. He was from a wealthy family and was a major computer nerd and was going to become an IT guy. He pulled out a gun one day and held up a convenience store at gunpoint. For what? People go crazy, man, and sometimes it's the people you would NEVER suspect!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check this out, guys...just in case you need more news about people who are just screwed up in the head. And all of this happened here in Covington, out in the 'burbs.

Babysitter charged with attempting to kill girls had been institutionalized

Article

A babysitter who dangled two young children in front of passing cars on a Covington street and then tried to set their clothes on fire with a cigarette lighter Sunday night...

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to say but Baton Rouge is basically a "big ghetto". From neighberhoods like, South BR, Scotlandville, Banks, Brookstown, Gardere, Zion city, Eden Park, Birdstation, Uptown BR, Valley Park, Glen Oaks, Dixie, McDonald Land, Northdale, Easy Town(edgewood), Fairfields, Belfair, Ghost town, CC, Northside, and Mall City...etc....lol list goes on and on. But Besides New Orleans, no other city in louisiana compares to BR. in crime. We need to come together as a state and clean up these clowns off the streets who are making it hard to raise our children.

Sorry to say but Baton Rouge is basically a "big ghetto". From neighberhoods like, South BR, Scotlandville, Banks, Brookstown, Gardere, Zion city, Eden Park, Birdstation, Uptown BR, Valley Park, Glen Oaks, Dixie, McDonald Land, Northdale, Easy Town(edgewood), Fairfields, Belfair, Ghost town, CC, Northside, and Mall City...etc....lol list goes on and on. But Besides New Orleans, no other city in louisiana compares to BR. in crime. We need to come together as a state and clean up these clowns off the streets who are making it hard to raise our children.

^ To your question,

Uptown baton rouge consist of the area (just south of north blvd. and just east of I.110.from s.12th to s.20th st. and also the area just south of government st. and ends at terrace st).

CC is the area bordered by scenic hwy to the east and chippewa to the north. towards downtown.

McDonald land is the area just south of airline hwy. and bordered by plank rd. to the west. and N. foster to the east.

Ghost town is basically the Istrouma area.

Northside is the area just south of Istrouma, bordered by choctaw to the south, and is on both sides of N.38th.

But out of all of the "ghettos" I would have to say that the Scotlandville area in north baton rouge and the south baton rouge/uptown area are the highest in crime, so tourist please try to aviod all the neigborhoods I previously stated.

You forgot the Gardere Area(lol). But with all those crime filled areas, which are particularly in the north Baton Rouge and Mid City, there are an abundance of very nice and quiet neighbors. Like someone said over in the New Orleans forum, if you don't out in these areas looking for trouble, then you won't have a problem. Every city has thugs and ghettos but in Baton Rouge case, I don't feel that it's as bad as it could be. Besides, though Baton Rouge does have it's fair share of crime, I feel that the media makes things look worse then what they really are. I've notice that the news stations can show the same incident for more then three days, and sometimes they go back to an incident that happened months ago to follow up on it.

There are still nice safe neighborhoods inside of Baton Rouge that are not suburban.

They tend to commit different crimes out in the burbs <_< These 40 and 50 year old married men propositioning undercover-cops is absolutely sick :sick: And the child molesters will receive = a brutal beatdown when they find out in prison.

>>So I am guessing Northside borders Belfair??

Some of the suburbs in BR are on shaky ground too....It's really sad Gardere has been so out of control. The guns are a serious problem with these kids and life ends much too soon for some. Live by the gun, die by the gun. It's a jungle out there.

The area down Florida Blvd. around Belaire behind Sonny's BBQ has had it's rough moments too.

It's absolutley mind-boggling all the killing thats going on this year in NOLA; esp over the past weekend! But BR is having it's fair share of shooting pretty much everyday.

^ To your question,

Uptown baton rouge consist of the area (just south of north blvd. and just east of I.110.from s.12th to s.20th st. and also the area just south of government st. and ends at terrace st).

CC is the area bordered by scenic hwy to the east and chippewa to the north. towards downtown.

McDonald land is the area just south of airline hwy. and bordered by plank rd. to the west. and N. foster to the east.

Ghost town is basically the Istrouma area.

Northside is the area just south of Istrouma, bordered by choctaw to the south, and is on both sides of N.38th.

But out of all of the "ghettos" I would have to say that the Scotlandville area in north baton rouge and the south baton rouge/uptown area are the highest in crime, so tourist please try to aviod all the neigborhoods I previously stated.

There are still nice safe neighborhoods inside of Baton Rouge that are not suburban.

They tend to commit different crimes out in the burbs <_< These 40 and 50 year old married men propositioning undercover-cops is absolutely sick :sick: And the child molesters will receive = a brutal beatdown when they find out in prison.

>>So I am guessing Northside borders Belfair??

Some of the suburbs in BR are on shaky ground too....It's really sad Gardere has been so out of control. The guns are a serious problem with these kids and life ends much too soon for some. Live by the gun, die by the gun. It's a jungle out there.

The area down Florida Blvd. around Belaire behind Sonny's BBQ has had it's rough moments too.

It's absolutley mind-boggling all the killing thats going on this year in NOLA; esp over the past weekend! But BR is having it's fair share of shooting pretty much everyday.

I mentioned this before but it's worth mentioning again: The ghetto is a jungle and the people are the animals. People who didn't grow up in the inner-city are seen as fishes trying to swim in shark-infested waters. Most of you already know the notoriously dangerous areas of New Orleans.

I mentioned this before but it's worth mentioning again: The ghetto is a jungle and the people are the animals. People who didn't grow up in the inner-city are seen as fishes trying to swim in shark-infested waters. Most of you already know the notoriously dangerous areas of New Orleans.

Visit those areas, which I normally wouldnt advise, and ask the locals, they'll tell you the same... But its a cultural thing in B.R. Those are the areas that the city forgot about, though the names i have stated were always there.

I don't know about these neighborhoods, but a lot of times in street talk, neighborhoods are referred to as something that most people have never heard. For instance, Jack's Quarters in Bossier. That neighborhood is really called Hooter Park, but in street talk it's Jack's Quarters. The neighborhood I grew up in had "Jack's Quarters" tagging all over it during hostile times, when dudes from JQ would come over and tag the neighborhood up. Most people would see it and not know what Jack's Quarters was, but the rest of us did.

That's what I figured. The Scotlandville area has been called that for over 100 years. But a few years back I heard some youngsters talking about a neighborhood called "third world". I had to ask, where is that??? After they gave the description, I figured out they were making reference to Scotlandville.

Archived