Crime in Louisiana

dimebag1980

:good: its funny that you just read my mind(about the 3rd world thing), its true. Thats just another example of what I was saying about the cultural thing. Like SBC was saying also, just because its not listed on a map or called a specific name by another, cultural names make locals feel closer to the area....Alot of that also happens it N.O

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would agree about hip hop changing scotlandville to 3rd world, but I wouldnt exactly say that for the other areas, due to the fact they were refered to those names before children start walking around with there pants hanging off there deriere'(Butt)...

But we can't afford to put our kids in private school anymore and we can't afford to move to nicer neighborhood where our kids can go to public school. So we're moving to the North Shore (apparently along with a ton of other people fleeing the city of New Orleans).

Here's a list that is somewhat disappointing, and suprising really.

Most Dangerous 25 American MSA's:

1. Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn, MI M.D.

2. Memphis, TN-MS-AR

3. Pine Bluff, AR

4. Las Vegas-Paradise, NV

5. Florence, SC

6. Myrtle Beach, SC

7. Flint, MI

8. Stockton, CA

9. Jackson, TN

10. Shreveport-Bossier City, LA

11. Miami-Dade County, FL

12. Charlotte-Gastonia, NC-SC

13. Hot Springs, AR

14. Saginaw, MI

15. Albuquerque, NM

16. Little Rock, AR

17. Yakima, WA

18. Tucson, AZ

19. Oakland-Fremont, CA

20. Macon, GA

21. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ

22. Houston, TX

23. Modesto, CA

24. Sumter, SC

25. Alexandria, LA

I was suprised to see Shreveport on the list, and even more suprised to see Alexandria. I'm sure Brian will be able to give us information, but I wasn't aware of any crime problems in SBC that went outside of the city limits of Shreveport and Bossier. And with Alexandria, I really didn't know what to expect, but I was still suprised to find them on the list as well. But man, 14 of the 25 most dangerous MSA's in the country are in the South. Four of them from South Carolina, and another three from Arkansas.(Hot Springs and Pine Bluff suprised me as well)

One thing about New Orleans, crime, while bad, is extremely "localized" to certain parts of the city, and once you're outside of those areas, you'll be fine, and once you're outside of the city, you're completely fine. The Orleans Parish line is like a wall when it comes to crime, which is a good thing. When I was spending a night in Memphis last Thanksgiving on my way back from Chicago, the local news had a story on the rapid spread of violent crime from the city of Memphis into the suburbs, including suburban area's once considered to be completely safe now becoming murder hotspots. Looking at the newest list, I can certainly see why they're so concerned in Memphis, and while crime is a major problem IN New Orleans, it's good to see that it's not spreading outwards.

Crime is very bad in many of the rural communities in central LA. Drugs have taken over the little towns from Cheneyville to Boyce to Leesville and everything in between. The same thing that keeps N.O. off the list is the same case in BR. Places like Port Allen, Brusly, Baker, Zachary, Central etc don't have nearly the violent crime that we see in the inner city of BR. Yes it happens, but nothing like in S. BR, Eden Park or Scotlandville. Recently there was a murder in Zachary. It has been 10 years since the last murder up there.

Vivian

Rodessa

Mansfield

Plain Dealing

Princeton

All towns in metro Shreveport-Bossier with extremely high crime rates for being one-horse towns.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Bossier City, Benton, and Haughton are Bossier Parish's shining stars, and Stonewall and Greenwood are Caddo Parish's shining stars. Everything else is pretty bad.

Even though Memphis' crime is restricted to North & South Memphis, it's spreading to the good areas and even the suburbs. An "I told you so" to Shelby County residents who think they're safe in the suburbs. New Orleans '99, St. Charles Ave. and the blocks north had problems with the drug industry until NOPD pushed it back into Central City.

Even though Memphis' crime is restricted to North & South Memphis, it's spreading to the good areas and even the suburbs. An "I told you so" to Shelby County residents who think they're safe in the suburbs. New Orleans '99, St. Charles Ave. and the blocks north had problems with the drug industry until NOPD pushed it back into Central City.

Archived