Is Fayetteville ready for a new subforum?

Jerseyman4

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of hate towards Fayetteville - perhaps; but one thing that I have learned is that most people who have such negative things to say about Fayetteville have never lived here, they either have only visted; or have been here during a short period - usually associated with the military. Having been here a long time, I can tell you that Fayetteville has changed tremendously, especially if you visited or lived in Fayetteville during the 70s - mid 80s. Fayetteville has taken great steps in trying to turn itself around. Granted, there needs to be more changes, but I for one applaud Fayetteville for trying to turn itself around and change all of the negative feelings. Just as it takes time to run down a place, it takes just as much time, if not longer to turn a city around. I believe that Charlotte underwent its turn-around during the 70s. Now look at Charlotte. I view that city as a first class city. I just hope that individuals take in consideration the fact that Fayetteville is trying to improve its image and that it takes time. Fayetteville waited too long to change, but at least the city leaders and residents recognize this and are trying to resolve these problems.

• 1 year later...
There is a lot of hate towards Fayetteville - perhaps; but one thing that I have learned is that most people who have such negative things to say about Fayetteville have never lived here, they either have only visted; or have been here during a short period - usually associated with the military. Having been here a long time, I can tell you that Fayetteville has changed tremendously, especially if you visited or lived in Fayetteville during the 70s - mid 80s. Fayetteville has taken great steps in trying to turn itself around. Granted, there needs to be more changes, but I for one applaud Fayetteville for trying to turn itself around and change all of the negative feelings. Just as it takes time to run down a place, it takes just as much time, if not longer to turn a city around. I believe that Charlotte underwent its turn-around during the 70s. Now look at Charlotte. I view that city as a first class city. I just hope that individuals take in consideration the fact that Fayetteville is trying to improve its image and that it takes time. Fayetteville waited too long to change, but at least the city leaders and residents recognize this and are trying to resolve these problems.

Could we have a study period where we count how many threads over a month's time are posted about Fayetteville? If there aren't more than 15 threads in a month's time, I don't see any need for a separate forum.

Archived