Gordon Food Service eyes Greenville

wellen

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like them to nickname this one 'Project Steve'. That has a nice ring to it. Not quite as random as Project Pogo, but I think it flows nicely. And I thought it would be nice to hear my name on the news every night (in a good way, though, not in a 'Project Steve has been indicted on 12 counts' kind of way...) I digress.

So this may be the undisclosed project? Seems odd, since they just closed all their stores in the Carolinas (if I recall correctly).

I don't think Brad's talking about reoccupation of the building by Winn-Dixie, rather a reoccupation of Winn Dixie's old distribution center by a new tenant.

I don't think Brad's talking about reoccupation of the building by Winn-Dixie, rather a reoccupation of Winn Dixie's old distribution center by a new tenant.

That is what I meant. But now that I see that only 38 jobs are expected initially, I am thinking that sight may be to big for this new company. BTW, code name is "Project Hudson"

Oh OK, thanks for the clarification. It sounds like it's pretty much a done deal already. At least there won't be any arguing about whether or not this should go downtown, since it's a distribution center. :)

Oh OK, thanks for the clarification. It sounds like it's pretty much a done deal already. At least there won't be any arguing about whether or not this should go downtown, since it's a distribution center. :)

:rofl:

I wonder if this will be at WinnDixie's old place. Even something like this would be welcome to Laurens Rd, although the 85 interchange there is awful- so probably not. Does this mean it will be in the county or... is it just not necessary for the city to offer anything??? :blink:

I just heard on WYFF that the new company will move into the Matrix Business Park and sit on 90 acres there. The company name though has still not been announced yet.

I saw that too! It will be a GREAT addition to the southern portion of the county! Maybe this will help the Southern Connector!

This company is one of the reasons the Southern Connector was built. Remember that the attacks on 9/11/2001 killed a few potential international companies looking at the park. Also, remember that Greenville officials have been hoping/trying to land a pharmaceutical since this park opened. I'm thrilled to see positive progress. :thumbsup:

This company is one of the reasons the Southern Connector was built. Remember that the attacks on 9/11/2001 killed a few potential international companies looking at the park. Also, remember that Greenville officials have been hoping/trying to land a pharmaceutical since this park opened. I'm thrilled to see positive progress. :thumbsup:

This undisclosed company is probably not the pharmaceutical company, as it seem to be distribution related. Has anyone heard anymore about the pharmaceutical company project?

Archived