Project X

MJLO

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You also think north of I-196 will expirience growth? I am not sure what will come of that area as the critical mass shifts to the south.

That's close to the medical area, that's got it's own boom going on. I think it will continue to grow.

Faust is just the person "they" decided would be a good face for the project. A likeable guy. Rags to riches story. The first person the public sees.

We know for certain that Faust and Minkin are involved. I suppose because of their Atlanta connection those two might run in the same circle.

But where does the puzzle go from there? Who is "they". The real people pulling the strings.

There are still a few major things that have not been answered.

1. Nobody has satisfied the "why Grand Rapids" for me yet.

2. And we still don't have any info. on the "international" and "unique" comments.

3. Who directed ENSA to look at Grand Rapids and why is Faust so passionate about this city?

I'm gonna try and find some Faust, ENSA, GR tie-ins. Maybe that will lead me to "they".

There probably is no "they" WYSIWYG? A Likeable guy, head on his shoulders, etc..

Oh, there's a they. As I've said before, you don't put up a $1.6+ billion development on spec (meaning "build it and they will come".)

I like the way you think CityGuy. "Why Grand Rapids" probably does not lie in an economic report, or in a Right Place Program Powerpoint presentation. It's probably more on a "6 point axis" level. Someone who knows someone who knows someone....pitched an idea to an 800 lb gorilla. They bit. More people were brought in, they liked it. More people were brought in, less convincing to do because you had the 800lb gorilla. They bit.

Ok, soooo, If all that someone is looking for is a face man, why this man? Rags to riches dosen't exactly thrill me, there's plenty of thoes stories floating around. What makes him the face man ? the fact that he's a black man, well to do, from rags...etc?

I would like to point to a trademark search I did on River Grand. Not sure if it is the project but if it is it does present some new things to look up. It was registered March 9th 2006 so I think that adds a bit of validity to it.

Word Mark RIVERGRAND

Goods and Services IC 037. US 100 103 106. G & S: Construction services, namely, planning, laying out and construction of residential and commercial communities

Standard Characters Claimed

Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Design Search Code

Serial Number 78833902

Filing Date March 9, 2006

Current Filing Basis 1B

Original Filing Basis 1B

Owner (APPLICANT) Centex Corporation CORPORATION NEVADA 2728 N. Harwood Dallas TEXAS 752011516

Attorney of Record Anita Nesser

Type of Mark SERVICE MARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Link: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=497gv6.2.1

(not sure if that link will work or not, if not you can get to this by searching river grand here on US Trademark site)

I don't believe I have heard the name Centex Corporation before.

Edit: I would like to clarify that there is a good possibility that this has nothing to do with project X and the reason I decided to search it was because WZZM always said TM after river grand.

Oh, there's a they. As I've said before, you don't put up a $1.6+ billion development on spec (meaning "build it and they will come".)

I like the way you think CityGuy. "Why Grand Rapids" probably does not lie in an economic report, or in a Right Place Program Powerpoint presentation. It's probably more on a "6 point axis" level. Someone who knows someone who knows someone....

I think its spelled out in the report where the $1.6 billion plus is coming from. Read Page 6 of the ESNA report.

From an earlier post of mine..........

Page 6.) The Mid-Term Financing Exit Strategy. A lot of precise things have to happen for this to all fall together. Any financing experts that can vouch for the practicality of whats mentioned here? Asset development and sale of those assets finance this stage.

Page 6.) The Long Term Financing Exit Strategy. Is this why this document is outdated? Have the "national retailers, entertainment conglomerates, major hotel chains or local and regional business owners" been put into place now?

The $1.6 billion plus is coming from land and propety speculation and later the actual tenets of the properties, the ""national retailers, entertainment conglomerates, major hotel chains or local and regional business owners"

Report from The Media Storm:

"Enter Esna Corp. Mortgage. With 26 employees performing in-house loan processing, escrow, telemarketing, and underwriting, Esna closed 38 loans in September. Over a 12-month period, Esna grossed $2.4 million in revenue, more than any other brokers in their community.

yeah but they don't have near the assets they would need to finance something like that. we're talking billions here. Either there are other large parties involved, or they are talkingabout fuzzy math as in the way Jackbbv proposes.

I would like to point to a trademark search I did on River Grand. Not sure if it is the project but if it is it does present some new things to look up. It was registered March 9th 2006 so I think that adds a bit of validity to it.

Link: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=497gv6.2.1

(not sure if that link will work or not, if not you can get to this by searching river grand here on US Trademark site)

I don't believe I have heard the name Centex Corporation before.

Edit: I would like to clarify that there is a good possibility that this has nothing to do with project X and the reason I decided to search it was because WZZM always said TM after river grand.

Centex Homes is the 4th largest home builder in the country, with over 32,000 homes closed last year:

http://www.builderonline.com/content/build...p?sectionID=228

No, very clear. Good point, also the FBI rates Metro Grand Rapids as the most hate crimes metro in Michigan. Search Google might help in that respect.

-- http://www.wzzm13.com/news/grmetro_article...x?storyid=52011

Suprised :sick:

I am sad to say I am not, and if its going by Metro thats including Ionia and Ottawa counties, which makes it even less surprising. :angry:

I think its spelled out in the report where the $1.6 billion plus is coming from. Read Page 6 of the ESNA report.

From an earlier post of mine..........

The $1.6 billion plus is coming from land and propety speculation and later the actual tenets of the properties, the ""national retailers, entertainment conglomerates, major hotel chains or local and regional business owners"

My point freezout was that I don't believe we have the market right now to support a development like this.........unless, it included a MASSIVE corporate relocation-type presence as its main anchor. Just my $.0275.

Who were you referring to vexom?

Centex...the builders?

From their site:

We have completed more than 75 retail projects valued at over $400 million, including over a dozen high-end custom retail centers for Bass Pro Shops across the country.

From beachside condos to downtown highrises, from college dorms to mountain hideaways, Centex is busy building the places where people share time with the ones they love most.

From major league sports fields to symphony theater stages, Centex has built a range of public spaces that have wowed, inspired, and entertained people for decades. With over 80 completed public assembly projects valued in excess of $1.6 billion, Centex has repeatedly earned the trust of clients in this diverse and exciting market.

For over 25 years, Centex has built facilities to help travelers get on their way more efficiently and safely with more than 80 completed transportation projects valued at over $1.6 billion.

Sounds like they're ones who could pull this off and have the experience. :)

I do agree that there has to be some sort of new industry/relocation here to really be the catalyst everyone is talking about.

My point freezout was that I don't believe we have the market right now to support a development like this.........unless, it included a corporate relocation-type presence as its main anchor. Just my $.0275.

It may not be an entire corporate relocation, but I bet it will be a major operation of one, like a regional office or something similar.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the catalyst that fills the GR sky line :D

Sorry, have to get used to 5 posts a minute and use quotes :P Didn't realize it was on page 3 already. I was refering to MJLO

yeah but they don't have near the assets they would need to finance something like that. we're talking billions here. Either there are other large parties involved, or they are talkingabout fuzzy math as in the way Jackbbv proposes.

You gotta admit, "River Grand" is not exactly the most unique name in the world. I'm sure this could easily be the name of some housing development and not a nod to Centex' involvement in the project. Point A to point B here seems to have quite a long distance between it...

Joe

Are you saying Centex doesn't have the money? They had revenues of over 3 billion with over 300 million in profit.

Archived