Project X

MJLO

Nope, not "real money" just "borrowed money" - my lender would love that quote.

Faust ? Well that's "I borrowed money and couldn't pay it back" Public record: IRS liens, State of California liens of $850k according to several news sources? Please. News reported he has a 1.3 house with 1.0 of debt. Add up the above story and you have a guy with a negative net worth unless he's got some game that we haven't seen.

Did you see his office ? I saw stacks of crap on the desk but no stacks of money. My personal opinion only, have no specific knowledge...

Faust is not even remotely qualified in my opinion. Then again I've done deals I was not qualified for.

The names I heard when I signed the confidentiality agreement have not been heard yet, and that means they either pulled the plug and are hiding behind Faust or are about to make a 'real' announcement.

This thing ain't happening is my guess. Again, only my opinion if they show up with money I'll sign up. But-- I'm a total skeptic.

I've re-read my confidentiality agreement a couple times, that's why I keep saying "in my opinion."

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth on those 3 words....

Thank you Eric. My point over the last few days exactly. You may have done deals you were not qualified for, but you were local. Faust better not be the only one driving this bus.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I am begining to look forward to what some other proposals may be for the city land.

Do you think the Mayor and others have become somewhat negative about the project in the attempt to make sure the city gets as many good proposals as possible? Putting together a quality proposal isn't free. Some may back away from participating if they feel they have already lost.

Any of our "media" readers wanna fess up who the Atlanta PR Firm is? I'm making an educated guess that it's Edelman. But I can't confirm it just yet. They ranked as one of the best in the country (maybe world) and deal with some of the big players we've discussed (Centex Homes, DreamWorks among others), and have offices in every major us market (all of which have been tied in theory to this project). I just haven't heard who they are specifically even though several media sources here in GR have stated an Atlanta Firm.

Edelman also works with Jim Jacoby and Jacoby Development (developers of Atlantic Station), who I suspect might be behind Project X, see post here.

rivergrand.com was registered to RegTek Whois Envoy. RegTek Whois Envoy is a private registration, used to protect the identity of the true registrant. It's possible that our "mystery developers" registered rivergrand.com, but used RegTek Whois Envoy to protect their identity and put together that cheesy webpage as a ruse.

This entire project has been great for stimulating conversation on this board and getting people in general excited and aware of development and growth in GR.

That aside, in hindsight does anyone believe that things would've been better if the media would've kept their mouth's shut and let all of this unfold in due course? Can you imagine the bad taste this is going to leave in the entire area's mouth if this doesn't happen? I'm trying to keep positive about the whole thing but I find that its all starting to get a little old. If things aren't ready to be announced...thats fine but if thats the case than I hope it dissapears from the newspaper and TV news until there is something more substantial than rumors to report about.

I suppose this is nothing more than just the frustration that comes from wanting to see something so good and exciting right here in GR. This must be where the phrase 'patience is a virtue' comes from.

Please!!! Let's not relive this $100,000 option discussion again! :rolleyes:

Moving on..

agreed to not relive this option discussion if you agree not to start any more threads on this site about this same topic. I've lost track of all this as a result of so many new threads you've started.

agreed to not relive this option discussion if you agree not to start any more threads on this site about this same topic. I've lost track of all this as a result of so many new threads you've started.
GRDadof3 didn't start many "Project X" threads. He started the original "Massive Riverfront Project - Speculation Central Clearing House" thread (now closed) and the newer "Project X - The ESNA Report" thread (only has five replies).

I suppose this is nothing more than just the frustration that comes from wanting to see something so good and exciting right here in GR. This must be where the phrase 'patience is a virtue' comes from.
I agree with what you are saying. We should know what this project is all about by May 20th at the latest, which is less that two months away. It's probably best just to wait until then (both the media and us). That said, I don't have much patience. :P

rivergrand.com was registered to RegTek Whois Envoy. RegTek Whois Envoy is a private registration, used to protect the identity of the true registrant. It's possible that our "mystery developers" registered rivergrand.com, but used RegTek Whois Envoy to protect their identity and put together that cheesy webpage as a ruse.

Or it is possible it is not them.

Also the Centex trademark may not be them either. Could be an entirely different project.

GRDadof3 didn't start many "Project X" threads. He started the original "Massive Riverfront Project - Speculation Central Clearing House" thread (now closed) and the newer "Project X - The ESNA Report" thread (only has five replies).

Yeah, you're right. So far it's Project X media storm, Massive riverfront, and Projectx / ESNA-- all pretty well attended for sure !!

It's fun reading , I guess my only objection is that I hate the thought of losing track and missing info because I couldn't find time to keep track of so many lines of discussion !

Who has a Myspace account? Someone should email Johnny Unicorn and ask why he picked up rivergrand.com as a new website only two days ago.

http://www.myspace.com/johnnyunicorn

I had a similar thought. I was going to e-mail him and ask him why he likes rivers so much ("RIVERS ARE SO FREAKIN' SWEET...oh yes they are!"). I didn't want to bother creating a myspace account, though.

Yeah, you're right. So far it's Project X media storm, Massive riverfront, and Projectx / ESNA-- all pretty well attended for sure !!

It's fun reading , I guess my only objection is that I hate the thought of losing track and missing info because I couldn't find time to keep track of so many lines of discussion !

I'm with you, I can't keep up with 4 different topics about the same thing...

Archived