Project X

MJLO

I'm having a hard time seeing the pro sports thing happening. When teams move, it typically is a very transpartent process, with cities competing and league owners heavily involved.

I hope they don't build a stadium first, hoping they could attract a team.

The post says by 2010. That's a four year ramp up.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to say that I have emailed my trademark search to WoodTV to see if they can dig up any more on Centex and they have already responded.

thanks for you email. I will pass it along and see what we can find out.

Christine Kelso

Executive Producer WOODTV

So I will just wait and see if they can find out anything.

From WZZM article http://www.wzzm.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=52083

This implies to me that it must be trademarked and this is the only registered trademark under the name River Grand. This is the reason I did the search. Also look more into Centex, they are much more than housing.

FYI, TM does not mean that the trademark is registered. If the trademark is registered, the proper notation is an R with a circle around it. TM is typically used for trademarks which have not yet been registered. To get your trademark registered, you have to go through a long approval process. Centex only just submitted their application to register RIVERGRAND this month. It'll be at least a year before it's approved (or rejected).

FYI, TM does not mean that the trademark is registered. If the trademark is registered, the proper notation is an R with a circle around it. TM is typically used for trademarks which have not yet been registered. To get your trademark registered, you have to go through a long approval process. Centex only just submitted their application to register RIVERGRAND this month. It'll be at least a year before it's approved (or rejected).

Good to know, yeah I really don't know the details on how that works, thanks for the info :)

Good to know, yeah I really don't know the details on how that works, thanks for the info :)

If this is truly going to change the landscape of GR by 2010, i'm pissed I can't go gobble up all the Condo's I can now.

GRDADOF5, you're lucky you got in on RH when you did!

so I'm not sure if we've found anything out, the who the why for and the what of it all.

The only thing I can gather from all of this is Duane Faust, I swear more than anything he's got to be a front man.

GRDADOF5, you're lucky you got in on RH when you did!

Did your wife have twins, GRDad? :P

so I'm not sure if we've found anything out, the who the why for and the what of it all.

Well, we know generally what the what is, but not any specifics.

The only thing I can gather from all of this is Duane Faust, I swear more than anything he's got to be a front man.

Well the investor(s) are not yet revealed, although Faust is probably one of them. My gut says he's more than just a straw man. First, from the small amount of information on the Internet and the interviews shown on the news, he appears to be a man with a vision. If they wanted a straw man, wouldn't they go with a person known to the people of GR?

Until we find out what type of industry and how big, this whole project is Bo-ring.

2500 seat amphitheater ..... Bo-ring

condos ...... Bo-ring

stores ..... Bo-ring

entertainment ...... Bo-ring

We need an engine to drive growth, real jobs. Not retail, service crap.

Until we find out something REAL, I can't justify waiting for you guys to scoop the Geha. Nice try, though.

Perfect lyrics follow, not directed towards any person specifically, just this whole big Bo-ring non-event so far.

He's a real nowhere Man,

Sitting in his Nowhere Land,

Making all his nowhere plans

for nobody.

Doesn't have a point of view,

Knows not where he's going to,

Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man, please listen,

You don't know what you're missing,

Nowhere Man, the world is at your command.

:cry:

ok I just watched the woodtv stream links, the clips they had, were from another program, they didn't interview him, and reported nothing specific on what his intentions with Grand Rapids are. I'm going to keep doing more research, I'll report back with more.

I have heard that he's very interested in the city of Grand Rapids, he's supposed to be in town this week, I'd love to hear more. Will David Minkin also be in town this week ? anyone know?

Am I the only one that finds it both discouraging and highly suspect that ESNA's website is down?

I mean, if Faust can't even manage to come up with some simple web redundancy then how can he pull off a project like this?

ESNA may have changed names. That ESNA report, and the "interview" that WOODTV showed were a year old. The film of Duane was not done by WOODTV8, but was an interview of Duane Faust by a local station in California a while back just about his business, that WOODTV obtained. Bet you didn't know that :whistling: WOOD only mentions it briefly.

Yah, and GRDadof5, Yikes!!! :rofl:

I'm sure this is a stretch, but this is what this thread is for, right?

-Rich DeVos owns the Orlando Magic (NBA franchise)

-They have wanted a new arena down there for a long time now

He's working with a developer from...Atlanta.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories.../27/story1.html

I'm not saying that DeVos is going to relocate the Magic to GR, but maybe he'll sell them to a new group under the condition that the NBA gives him a new franchise in GR down the road.

Just thinking out loud here.

You also think north of I-196 will expirience growth? I am not sure what will come of that area as the critical mass shifts to the south.

I think there is enough city to go around, if it becomes a destination. Think of the impact all of the smaller boosts have had on downtown. This will be another part of the whole, and will bring people in who wouldn't otherwise come here. In addition, with the new conference center, we'll have anchors on either side of the downtown, with the GVSU campus anchoring the far side of the river.

I hope the positive economic impact will be felt all up and down Division...

Am I the only one that finds it both discouraging and highly suspect that ESNA's website is down?

I mean, if Faust can't even manage to come up with some simple web redundancy then how can he pull off a project like this?

I'm assuming the site is down because it does not reflect the image they want to project. Many organizations have web sites that are pitiful reflections of who they are and what they do.

Probably the marketing folks said "that site must die ... now".

Has anyone debunked the Google theories yet?

Here's a cached article from the Detroit News from June 2005: http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:tUJdOK...us&ct=clnk&cd=1

Yes, several people have said "it is not Google", even the PR team said that I believe. However, I hear "search engine" running around in several circles of people. :dontknow:

Until we find out what type of industry and how big, this whole project is Bo-ring.

2500 seat amphitheater ..... Bo-ring

condos ...... Bo-ring

stores ..... Bo-ring

entertainment ...... Bo-ring

We need an engine to drive growth, real jobs. Not retail, service crap.

Until we find out something REAL, I can't justify waiting for you guys to scoop the Geha. Nice try, though.

Perfect lyrics follow, not directed towards any person specifically, just this whole big Bo-ring non-event so far.

He's a real nowhere Man,

Sitting in his Nowhere Land,

Making all his nowhere plans

for nobody.

Doesn't have a point of view,

Knows not where he's going to,

Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man, please listen,

You don't know what you're missing,

Nowhere Man, the world is at your command.

:cry:

why is it we are only seeing the B team

where is the A team

why is it that we only see options

where is the money

the street of dreams

dhr

the street of dreams

dhr

Street of Dreams, 80's movie released on UMVD/Trinity.. aka Universal (which as we've said encompasses Interscope, Geffen etc). Theres the money, if they're on board everything we've talked about is possible (well not EVERYTHING).. Amusment park, Geffen Hearing Institute, Movies, Music... they all become possible if they're the anchor.

Archived