Signature Tower

NewTowner

A good friend who is in-the-know has told me that the Signature has for real been upped to 70 stories.

I have mixed feelings about skyscrapers, but I thought this would be of great interest to many of my esteemed buddies here on Urban Planet.

I can't say more, but will give you some filtered and probably biased information as I am further informed.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A good friend who is in-the-know has told me that the Signature has for real been upped to 70 stories.

I have mixed feelings about skyscrapers, but I thought this would be of great interest to many of my esteemed buddies here on Urban Planet.

I can't say more, but will give you some filtered and probably biased information as I am further informed.

THE TALLER THE BETTER!

Holey Moley!!!!! The earlier design was 55 stories and 850 Ft to the top of the spire. Tony has floors that are 10, 11 or 12 feet high depending on where they are in the tower. With 15 more floors, that would add from 150 to 180 feet to the tower's height. That translates to somewhere around 1000 to 1030 Ft! I will believe this when I hear this for real. Of course, I guess we won't have to wait too long to find out. Tony G. has to present his final plans to Metro no later than April 30th, and he has indicated that he may be ready sooner than that. I'm definitely waiting with baited breath for this one.

NT, is your friend sure that it's the Signature tower that's in the rumor, and not another building? I must admit that I'm blindsided by this one. Good job, NT.

The reason I'm asking is that I have heard from a credible source that there will be another pair of mixed use towers in the gulch.

With all the talk about the new CC up in the air, apparently there's a developer out there unwilling to wait.

(Do I tell or not? No... OK... I'll say just a leeeeetle bit of a rumor).

I don't like to trade in rumors, but my source didn't swear me to secrecy. Plus, the gulch has been the subject of wild and realistic rumors in recent years, but this time... my friend at Vandy has heard serious discussion about a really big project that could eventually consist of four towers. So here goes. Consume at your own risk.

The taller tower will be at least 50 stories and will be a mix of condo and hotel floors. It will be connected by a multi-level retail/bar/restaurant area to a second tower that will front on Church.

The second tower is rumored to be shorter than the first at around 30-35 and will be office. There will be a parking structure designed to handle additional office on top if the demand exists.

Apparently, this project will go between Broad and Church.

NT, is your friend sure that it's the Signature tower that's in the rumor, and not another building? I must admit that I'm blindsided by this one. Good job, NT.

The reason I'm asking is that I have heard from a credible source that there will be another pair of mixed use towers in the gulch.

With all the talk about the new CC up in the air, apparently there's a developer out there unwilling to wait.

I don't like to trade in rumors, but my source didn't swear me to secrecy. Plus, the gulch has been the subject of wild and realistic rumors in recent years, but this time... my friend at Vandy has heard serious discussion about a really big project that could eventually consist of four towers. So here goes. Consume at your own risk.

The taller tower will be at least 50 stories and will be a mix of condo and hotel floors. It will be connected by a multi-level retail/bar/restaurant area to a second tower that will front on Church.

The second tower is rumored to be shorter than the first at around 30-35 and will be office. There will be a parking structure designed to handle additional office on top if the demand exists.

stop it! you're making my mouth water!!!!! that would be excellent if that works out too!

Sonds like Tony G will busy for years to come. If the development did go forward and then the CC is developed off Church in the Gulch then someone will make some large Return on Investment. I hope you source is on target, thanks for passing on the rumor.

You're welcome. But the funny thing is that the rumor didn't mention anything about Tony. I'd think that his name would be front and center if it was going to be done by him. I'll keep you posted as I get more.

I'm pretty sure he owns the property across Church Street. That parcel is bounded by 11th/Charlotte/Church. He has mentioned the possibility of 2-3 buildings of 15-20 stories for this, hasn't he?

WARM FUZZIES! WARM FUZZIES!

Oh my God! I think I may be getting more information than my skyscraper lovin' heart can take! Any more rumors like these and I probably need a trip to the emergency room.

This info is amazing. If Signature surpasses 883 ft, it will be the tallest residential building in the world. If it surpasses 1,023 ft, it will be the tallest skyscraper in the entire South. This thing could turn out to be a real record-holder for Nashville!

After seeing the rendering of the Signature, I felt is was going to be a lot taller than the 55 stories mentioned. I had stated it looked as if it was going to be 300 meters and I said that with a question mark in my head. I was secretly hoping it would be 300+. I guess we will know for sure very soon.

Interesting location about the towers in the Gulch. I am trying to visualize where that would be because the Tennessean is in that stretch. I think there may be room closer to the Church street side and then this would be right across form the development Tony has planned in the Gulch. Along with the WES, this rumored project and Tony's project, we are going to have a new little skyline down there. Or I should say a new big skyline. That will be very cool.

After seeing the rendering of the Signature, I felt is was going to be a lot taller than the 55 stories mentioned. I had stated it looked as if it was going to be 300 meters and I said that with a question mark in my head. I was secretly hoping it would be 300+. I guess we will know for sure very soon.

Interesting location about the towers in the Gulch. I am trying to visualize where that would be because the Tennessean is in that stretch. I think there may be room closer to the Church street side and then this would be right across form the development Tony has planned in the Gulch. Along with the WES, this rumored project and Tony's project, we are going to have a new little skyline down there. Or I should say a new big skyline. That will be very cool.

Yes, where are all of these things going? I know that there are some lots behind the Tennessean heading up to the Church Street viaduct, but where exactly could all of this go? Would 12th and Porter, et al, be torn down, then?

Very interesting.........

This gets my mind a racing at the ideas that Nashville could have the tallest residential in the nation, or possibly the tallest tower outside of Chicago or NYC. Such notions of a Tennesseee city having such a distinction sure are appealing. LOL :D

I guess we'll just have to wait and see though, but it sure is fun to hope and dream that the tower might be taller than expected.

While I agree there is strong demand for urban living. I do think that there are other economic factors a foot that may effect the outlook for future sales.

1. Mortgage Rates have continued to increase and the Fed looks to continue to do so for the near term.

2. Wages have not kept pace with the increase of housing.

3. There has been an increase in creative loans in order for individuals to buy the units. Anything from no money down to ARMS to all interest loans. This has shown that people are trying to stretch their budgets even further.

4. Energy cost are continuing to rise (this also helps encourage downtown living).

5. Savings hit negative numbers last year.

6. Rents are increasing because demand is increasing. People can not afford homes as easily as the once could.

7. The Fed has warned banks that they are continuing to offer risky loans.

8. Many of the units sold in these units are for investment/speculation on past trends.

Housing within downtown neighborhoods and the core is getting out of reach for most Americans. How much more can the American economy take? I am not sure.

I am optimistic about the future, but these signs should not be dismissed. Nashville is lucky that it is fairly insulated but it is not immune.

I would bet the farm that they wouldn't let them build a 70 story tower in Nashville right now. If Signature (as a 55 story) and a couple of other big buildings (30-50 stories) get built, I could see a 70 story tower, but I just don't see a lot of Nashvillians wanting a super tall skyscraper invading the skyline. When they start filling every surface lot in DT Nashville with midrises and high rises, I can see developers trying to build a few super tall buildings, but I would think they would try to build a smaller building on West End before they tried such an enormous and expensive project downtown.

Just my thoughts...

Archived