Signature Tower

NewTowner

I'm happy about the redesign, the original tower was MUCH too large for our tiny skyline and would have looked ridiculous. Very happy that the project is still a go with the new specs.

I'd also NEVER go out on a balcony that high up either... glad they're scrapped. It can't ever be called Suicide Tower. :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still skeptical about seeing this thing anytime soon. The economy is showing signs of relief but we're still a long way off from getting things like this off the drawing board depite falling construction costs. I'm kind of in the "I'll believe it when I see it" mindset right now. However I will be extactic if this thing does get pulled off. It's way past-due for Nashville to blow the top off the 750' mark.

I had high hopes of being able to see the Signature Tower from Murfreesboro. Oh well at least the idea of it being built is good enough for me. I think the redesign is still good and the tower won't stick out as much as the plane-tickler that was previously proposed. C'mon Nashville, you're a big city, build some big towers already!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so, maybe there is one in the Nashville Post article (but you have to be a member). However, Tony G did say it would be the same architecture, but without the balconies, and crown + spire not as large. Therefore, I think it would still look huge in our skyline without looking completely out of place.

Not sure how Tony is going to pull off the Signature Tower when he can't seem to even give away units in his Encore project. The sales prices there have been dropping since last fall but even with the big cuts he's only managed to sell aobut 10 units so far this year. And I've seen 4 or 5 deeds come through at close to $200 bucks a foot. With still over a 100 units left to sell I think they will have to continue cutting. Not sure why they keep advertising they are 80% sold.

Here is a recent article that was in the business journal about price cuts and the huge buildup in inventory:

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville.../20/story1.html

Not sure how Tony is going to pull off the Signature Tower when he can't seem to even give away units in his Encore project. The sales prices there have been dropping since last fall but even with the big cuts he's only managed to sell aobut 10 units so far this year. And I've seen 4 or 5 deeds come through at close to $200 bucks a foot. With still over a 100 units left to sell I think they will have to continue cutting. Not sure why they keep advertising they are 80% sold.

Here is a recent article that was in the business journal about price cuts and the huge buildup in inventory:

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville.../20/story1.html

I am giving 2:1 to anyone that believes construction will start on this within 18 months.

• 2 months later...

signatureslant.jpg

Pretty interesting read (sort long) about Tony G and his history as a Nashville developer. I'm not quite sure what to make of it.. but I like how they summed it up at the end of the article:

Despite a bankruptcy, despite the stumble out of the gates with the Cumberland, despite the plunging vital signs for his two most ambitious projects, not to mention a dire financial forecast-despite all that, if Giarratana can somehow reverse course and find a way to build both Signature Tower and May Town Center, his legacy will once again be rewritten.

But even on this scale, one man's triumph isn't necessarily a tide that raises all boats. Given the checkered example of the Cumberland and the city-changing implications of the Signature Tower and May Town Center, whose alterations cannot be undone, Nashville may do well to wonder whether it's worse if Tony Giarratana doesn't succeed-or if he does.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/2009-08-06/n...-up-in-the-air/

(post #1000!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone that WAS interested in what the shorter tower would have looked like in the skyline, here is a shot: Skyline Shot

Is Tony still in default over his $11.5 million loan? With the website still down I am going to go out on a limb here and call this one dead. D-E-A-D. Maybe in a few years this project will be resurrected in some form or another, but to be honest I really don't see that happening either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived