NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NBound,

Tony mentioned he wants a boutique hotel (though that is not critical to make the project happen) and some retail. He did not go into much detail regarding the retail.

The hole for Sig T at 1,047 would be about 100 feet deep. However, there is already a large hole under the surface parking lot. That hole is a remnant from the old Caster Knott building. So there wouldn't be as much digging as there would be otherwise. Time would still be required to get the big beast out of the ground.

And, yes, those posting earlier about the media are correct. Tony didn't want this as a media event. I didn't see any other media there. BUT, the story is coming this week.

WW

since I missed the min presentation can someone let me know what was said about the retail component? The new renderings seem to minimize this especially any grocery.

Thanks

Thanks WW

A hotel will be nice but I do not see a large grocery store working for that space ith all the changes unless they do it like the Whole Foods at the Time/Cnn center in Columbus Circle and put in on a lower level...That would be cool.

Gonna be a whole lot of digging around town and that whole will be a big one. I am glad you were there William. Maybe the City Paper will have the exclusive on this one.

I imagine local media will be out in full force today covering the downtown home tour, including Signature.

The hole for Sig T at 1,047 would be about 100 feet deep. However, there is already a large hole under the surface parking lot. That hole is a remnant from the old Caster Knott building. So there wouldn't be as much digging as there would be otherwise. Time would still be required to get the big beast out of the ground.

Cain-Sloan, you mean. :thumbsup:

I might add something some of you may or may not remember, at least for those here in Nashville a dozen years ago. Around the time Cain-Sloan was demolished (1994), there was considerable talk that HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) was going to build their HQ building on that lot, and it was expected to be in the vicinity of 60 stories (as I estimated at the time, likely to be in the range of Bank of America in Atlanta, at or above 1,000 feet), but ultimately it fell through (had it gone up, it was to have been then-Mayor Bredesen's proverbial feather in his cap), and they preferred to keep their campus HQ at Centennial Park. So as it stands, we're still going to be getting the monster that was meant for that lot. It's too bad, though, that we didn't get both of 'em (but then, where would the Sig have gone ?).

Though I'm sure they'd deny it, they seem a bit on-edge over on the Charlotte subforum. ;)

You could say that. There is one over there that is denying it "till he sees it". LOL!! He keeps talking about how long it has taken to get to this stage and how Tony has changed up the design more than a few times. LOL!! So quickly they forget that it takes time and patience to build a tower of this magnitude. You can 't just go buy some land and plop it down, especially here in Nashville.

You could say that. There is one over there that is denying it "till he sees it". LOL!! He keeps talking about how long it has taken to get to this stage and how Tony has changed up the design more than a few times. LOL!! So quickly they forget that it takes time and patience to build a tower of this magnitude. You can 't just go buy some land and plop it down, especially here in Nashville.

That's some funny reading. Sure, nothing is for sure until it is built but you can tell there is some jealousy there. The whole "I'm not buying the 1,047'" thing is amusing.

Btw Lexy, I'm ready to scream my head off tonight. I think it'll get a bit rowdy. I'm in SEC. 115. Row D.

Go Preds!

That's some funny reading. Sure, nothing is for sure until it is built but you can tell there is some jealousy there. The whole "I'm not buying the 1,047'" thing is amusing.

Btw Lexy, I'm ready to scream my head off tonight. I think it'll get a bit rowdy. I'm in SEC. 115. Row D.

Go Preds!

So am I! My wife gets off at 6pm from Dell and we are heading down there to loose our voices, so here's to a great night. We are in the top row of section 302 tonight. GO PREDS!!!

Go Preds!

Nah, not jelousy but skepticism. No units have been sold yet (have they?) and no hotel has been signed, there is still aways to go. Great looking plan though.

I just got back from The Cumberland about 5 minutes ago to see the model for myself, and its truly amazing. And wile I was in the room admiring the video of the tower and the model, Tony G himself came from behind me a introduces himself to me. I felt like I was meeting a celebrity!!! :D I told him his vision for our city is remarkable, and his tower is amazing.

I told him that I'm one of the people from Urban Planet , and I kept track of all of your work. He seem very proud of that. And I said that most of the people from the Charlotte site don't believe the tower will be as tall or even built altogether. He said, "he will have to get on the Urban Planet web site to see what people are saying."

That was the first time I meet him. Very nice guy and very passionate about our city and its future.

He might still be in the lobby of The Cumberland if anybody wanted to meet him or ask him an questions.

I live in Durham and have followed the Charlotte forum for a while. In all fairness, they are very critical and skeptical about towers being built in their own city (especially Charlotte UPers), after the 4FU (1300ft) in 1999 debacle, I think they've taken a slogan from Missouri ("the show me state').

Let's hope the chips fall in place and they start construction in January....I'll be in Nashville in two weeks for a class.....gotta go check out the model...where is it located.

I just got back from The Cumberland about 5 minutes ago to see the model for myself, and its truly amazing. And wile I was in the room admiring the video of the tower and the model, Tony G himself came from behind me a introduces himself to me. I felt like I was meeting a celebrity!!! :D I told him his vision for our city is remarkable, and his tower is amazing.

I told him that I'm one of the people from Urban Planet , and I kept track of all of your work. He seem very proud of that. And I said that most of the people from the Charlotte site don't believe the tower will be as tall or even built altogether. He said, "he will have to get on the Urban Planet web site to see what people are saying."

That was the first time I meet him. Very nice guy and very passionate about our city and its future.

He might still be in the lobby of The Cumberland if anybody wanted to meet him or ask him an questions.

I was wondering if he said anything about the video being posted on his website and did the video show Signature Tower at night time? I am curious to see how it will be lit at night. I'm wondering if the crown would look best all awash in white floodlights or something more like argon lights to accentuate the jagged shape of the spire, something a little Hong Kongesq if you will with maybe a blue color to light the center portion of the spire and then ofcourse the gleaming white beacon shining at the top. I wonder if the becon will emit light like the one building in Atlanta (sorry don't know the name of it) but it's the only one with a becon/searchlight effect at the top. I sure that the base and the rest of the tower will just have standard floodlights but then it is a residential building so I am not sure if that will have anything to do with the amount of outside light shining in :unsure:

I was wondering if he said anything about the video being posted on his website and did the video show Signature Tower at night time? I am curious to see how it will be lit at night. I'm wondering if the crown would look best all awash in white floodlights or something more like argon lights to accentuate the jagged shape of the spire, something a little Hong Kongesq if you will with maybe a blue color to light the center portion of the spire and then of course the gleaming white beacon shining at the top. I wonder if the becon will emit light like the one building in Atlanta (sorry don't know the name of it) but it's the only one with a becon/searchlight effect at the top. I sure that the base and the rest of the tower will just have standard floodlights but then it is a residential building so I am not sure if that will have anything to do with the amount of outside light shining in :unsure:

In the video it showed the tower at night, it looked very similar to how the previous design looked lit up at night. The entire crown of the tower will be lit up.

Signature seems to be recieving positive reviews from all over on Skyscrapercity, check it out:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=344831

-Sean

How great it feels to actually get attention from people in places like London and San Francisco! This building will certainly elevate Nashville to the next level. Here's hoping everything goes as planned.

I live in Durham and have followed the Charlotte forum for a while. In all fairness, they are very critical and skeptical about towers being built in their own city (especially Charlotte UPers), after the 4FU (1300ft) in 1999 debacle, I think they've taken a slogan from Missouri ("the show me state').

Let's hope the chips fall in place and they start construction in January....I'll be in Nashville in two weeks for a class.....gotta go check out the model...where is it located.

I could be wrong, since I have not seen it myself, but I believe the model is located somewhere in the bottom of the Cumberland

I am trying not to get my hopes up regarding the height... I am sure Sig T will be built, but until the only thing left to do is build it, im gonna try not to gloat too much about height :) It's gonna be a long few months waiting, heh.

Archived