Signature Tower

NewTowner

Thanks for the info but I'm in town on business and don't have a lot of time. But what streets, etc., etc.. My last visit to Nashville was in 2002 and stayed at the Marriot (I think......many a budwiesers ago) near Vanderbilt. I enjoyed my quick stay (albeit, not hard to please me) and have whole heartedly tried to convince my eastern brothern that theres a lot more to the city other than country music (no slam to country, but I'm into R&B/Hip-Hop... I did enjoy the Tim McGraw and Nelly combo.....most traditional country music enthusiant probably didn't like it and I understand).

I'll attempt to find it regardless. Good luck, think positive and the South shall rise again...oops, we are on the rise!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now, it looks like it belongs in the skyline and not like its some large spaceship, waiting to be launched. It will dominate the skyline, but not overwhelm it.

When you walk around the corner and see this, it will draw your eyes up and look even taller than it is. It will be an OMG moment. This would be a 'signature' tower in any City and stand out even in New York or Chicago. Who knows? We may even see some 'rubes' from those two Cities gawking at our tall building. :lol:

Hey, I'm a rube in Chicago and I am gawking appreciatively. I agree that the Sig will draw the eye upward in a good way, particularly from its location there in the center of downtown. If it were off to the side somewhere, it would have an effect more like Houston's galleria did a while back. Whereas Chicago's Fordham Spire will stand out for the wrong reasons, and will really cause an imbalance in the skyline where it is located. Congrats, Nashville!

An article from the NBJ today announcing the Signature and recognizing the height.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

Thaks Smeag. That sounds encouraging. I remember Tony saying that they were going to focus on selling units now and the hotel a little later. I don't think he'll have trouble landing an upscale hotel.

This is a beautiful rendering. It looks like a cross of the Chrysler building in New York and the BOA building in Charlotte. Closer to the Chrysler building though. Can't wait to see this one get built. Absolutely amazing building for a mid size city. I wonder if it will kick start a couple more projects.

I thought this part of the article was interesting:

Giarratana says adding hotel space will not affect the TIF because the hotel will be financed separately. And since the project is in the commercial core zoning district, where there are no height restrictions, no additional approvals were needed to make the addition.

Does that mean he doesn't need it to get reapproved by MDHA? If so that would be nice.

I thought this part of the article was interesting:

Does that mean he doesn't need it to get reapproved by MDHA? If so that would be nice.

I'm really wondering the same thing now. That would be great and would leave pre-sales and getting a hotel as the final hurdles, right?

I was wondering if he said anything about the video being posted on his website and did the video show Signature Tower at night time?

The video showing at the party was an incomplete version - only about 1/2 the length of the final. We will reveal the final in a little over a week. Should go public on the website around the 14th or so. Have to put in the final touches.

Much more to come over the next few months too. Stay tuned!

Charles T. Gaushell, AIA

Managing Partner

Paradigm Productions, LLC

www.2dimes.com

The video showing at the party was an incomplete version - only about 1/2 the length of the final. We will reveal the final in a little over a week. Should go public on the website around the 14th or so. Have to put in the final touches.

Charles T. Gaushell, AIA

Managing Partner

www.2dimes.com

Thanks for the info. I am really suprised to find out that you guys (paradigm) are monitoring this site. I cannot wait to see the final video, and when you say much more to come over the next few months, are you just implying about Signature Tower or do you mean other things as well?

Bruce A. Reynolds

USN

Charles T. Gaushell, AIA

Managing Partner

www.2dimes.com

Wow, Great news and welcome to the forum. We seem to be attracting a number of well informed people and important players. Thanks for the input.

Wow, Great news and welcome to the forum. We seem to be attracting a number of well informed people and important players. Thanks for the input.

Thanks. Actually I've been tracking the forum for quite some time now, but I can't really say much most of the time - so I remain silent. Fun watching the speculation and excitement.

Great project without a doubt.

The "more to come" is in reference to Signature, though we've also done work on Encore and the Symphony, plus a make believe version of the baseball stadium for a contractor trying to land the project. We are excited about the work in Nashville - great things going on there.

By the way, the guy that looks like Trump in the model photo is Ted Kromer. He is Tony's right hand man and Director of Development.

Thanks for all that Charles. Tell me this, since Sig is going to be so tall, wouldn't a chorus of Elvises be in order? I loved your previous touches. Am quite anxious to see what you guys have done now. We're all quite the fans of paradigm.

Keep 'em coming! And thanks for checking in on us.

Thanks for all that Charles. Tell me this, since Sig is going to be so tall, wouldn't a chorus of Elvises be in order? I loved your previous touches. Am quite anxious to see what you guys have done now. We're all quite the fans of paradigm.

Keep 'em coming! And thanks for checking in on us.

LOL. Thanks.

Tony has a great sense of humor. I had put in the Elvis as a joke for a preliminary and he said to keep it in the final. Don't you think we need several Minnie Pearls?

Thanks. Actually I've been tracking the forum for quite some time now, but I can't really say much most of the time - so I remain silent. Fun watching the speculation and excitement.

Great project without a doubt.

The "more to come" is in reference to Signature, though we've also done work on Encore and the Symphony, plus a make believe version of the baseball stadium for a contractor trying to land the project. We are excited about the work in Nashville - great things going on there.

By the way, the guy that looks like Trump in the model photo is Ted Kromer. He is Tony's right hand man and Director of Development.

Hey Charles, glad you're here. I love the work you guys do. I'm with you Dave, we need more Elvises...or is that Elvi? Anyway, I had the privilege of speaking to Ted and he is very impressive as well. Very generous with his time.

We greatly appreciate any information you can slip our way and you can count on never ending speculation on this end. :D

LOL. Thanks.

Tony has a great sense of humor. I had put in the Elvis as a joke for a preliminary and he said to keep it in the final. Don't you think we need several Minnie Pearls?

Now that would be funny. You guys do a great job. My hats off to you and the rest of the team. Thanks for stopping by.

Michael

Hello Everyone!!

My first post, but I've been a voyer for months. Love the site.

Noticed on skyscrapercity that someone has a "computerized" view of DT with the ST in it.

http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=344749&page=2

Welcome titanhog! Glad you posted. Cool picture huh? That one created quite the frenzy when it came out. I'm not even sure that represents the 1,047'. I'm still on cloud 9. :yahoo:

Hello Everyone!!

Noticed on skyscrapercity that someone has a "computerized" view of DT with the ST in it.

Welcome to the site. I was a voyer a while too before I joined. I assume you are a Titans fan. I'm a big fan myself and a season ticket holder! The view you refer to that was displayed a couple of months ago on the 2dimes.com website. It's close the the final design, but not exactly. I actually think the new Signature Tower design is even taller than the one shown by maybe 50 to 100 feet! Word is that 2dimes will be publishing their updated Signature Tower work on or about May 14th. It will include a video, and numerous renderings. I, for one, can't wait to see it. It should be awesome!

Hello Everyone!!

http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=344749&page=2

Has anyone noticed in that Signature T rendering that there are surface lots fronting Gateway Blvd by the rendering of the Sounds stadium? I know it isn't a final design or anything, but that will not fly!

Archived