Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't worry barakat, that's not a rendering of what we're getting, it's just clip art. Strever's designs will be out shortly, I would imagine someone just did a quick search for baseball stadium and like blue. There's nothing to that drawing. Fear not.

FYI - that stadium was created for a contractor trying to land the project. It was used to show construction sequencing. I forget where the design came from, but my partner was in charge of that project. I just dropped it into the skyline along with Encore and Schermerhorn Center which we were also commissioned to create for other projects.

So we have not idea what the real stadium design is.

Signature tower has been updated but we haven't gone public with the newest version yet.

Tennessean article:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ESS01/605030399

The end of the article mentions the tiff and the MDHA says that it is safe. However, it seems the MDHA still has to approve the overall design of the building since Sig will be within a MDHA redevelopment district per William's new article.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=49558

All in all I'd say everything seems pretty much in order and this is a fairly sure thing.

First if all, welcome to the site titanhog. Most everyone lurks for a long time before joining.

Here is a graphic from the Tennessean that was published along with the above article. You guys are getting up a whole lot earlier than me to post this stuff. More power to ya. I gotta get as much beauty sleep as I can so I dont get any uglier than I already am. :wacko:

http://www.tennessean.com/assets/gif/DN2703353.GIF

Tennessean article:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ESS01/605030399

The end of the article mentions the tiff and the MDHA says that it is safe. However, it seems the MDHA still has to approve the overall design of the building since Sig will be within a MDHA redevelopment district per William's new article.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=49558

All in all I'd say everything seems pretty much in order and this is a fairly sure thing.

Thanks for the links GTG. I'm feeling good about ST's approval. It would be amazing if MDHA either made Tony remove the hotel (especially since Nashville needs more hotel rooms), reduce the number or size of the condos or remove the crown and spire (vital to the overall design) just to limit the building's height. :wacko: Come on MDHA!

Don't worry barakat, that's not a rendering of what we're getting, it's just clip art. Strever's designs will be out shortly, I would imagine someone just did a quick search for baseball stadium and like blue. There's nothing to that drawing. Fear not.

Dave, the piece you posted about Nashville on skyscraperpage is down right beautiful! That has to be the feel good post of the year. Extremely well written. My hat is off to you sir. Please consider posting that on a new thread here. Everyone needs to read it over and over and over and...

Thanks, SG. Sitting here at work (and actually working...lol) I'd almost forgot what I wrote. I'll go back and check it out. Nothing like getting up early and feeling philosophical, huh?

But, I meant every word of it. Love this town.

Maybe you're right about a thread on what exactly is it that draws and keeps each of us here. I'll start the thread after lunch with what I wrote on the other. It'll be really interesting to see and I hope it comes from the hearts and individual experiences and notions about why they live here and like doing so.

I like feeling warm and fuzzy and getting away a bit from all the controversy. Life's short, let's have fun.

Thanks, SG. Sitting here at work (and actually working...lol) I'd almost forgot what I wrote. I'll go back and check it out. Nothing like getting up early and feeling philosophical, huh?

Maybe you're right about a thread on what exactly is it that draws and keeps each of us here. I'll start the thread after lunch with what I wrote on the other. It'll be really interesting to see and I hope it comes from the hearts and individual experiences and notions about why they live here and like doing so.

I like feeling warm and fuzzy and getting away a bit from all the controversy. Life's short, let's have fun.

Exactly! Lets have some fun. There are a lot of positive things going on so let's enjoy it. You really underlined some key things that I think I tend to lose track of when it comes to our great city. Thanks again for reminding me. :thumbsup:

Exactly! Lets have some fun. There are a lot of positive things going on so let's enjoy it. You really underlined some key things that I think I tend to lose track of when it comes to our great city. Thanks again for reminding me. :thumbsup:

Hey, could you guys provide the link here. I couldn't find it with a quick scan, but then I don't really do the SSP. It's so poorly organized.

I read the post but have never joined due to the lack of respect Nashville gets there. I am glad your at bat for us Dave. Its great to see some of those Atlanta jokers eating Crow for a change. Thanks and keep it up. :whistling:

This is by far the best site as far as I am concerned for the Nashville built environment.

If the MDHA approves the SC, this will make the SC THE 21st TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD!!! and the 5th tallest in the U.S. To have something like that in Nashville is amazing. It will be taller than the Chrysler tower by 1ft. I wonder if TG planned it that way? :dontknow:

I would venture a guess that he did plan it that way. :lol:

If the MDHA approves the SC, this will make the SC THE 21st TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD!!! and the 5th tallest in the U.S. To have something like that in Nashville is amazing. It will be taller than the Chrysler tower by 1ft. I wonder if TG planned it that way? :dontknow:

Funny you should mention that. At the ST party, a fellow geek and I were talking with Ted Kromer trying to get him to "fess up" about knowing it was one foot taller than the Chrylser (one of Tony's favorites). Tony happened to be walking by and had a big grin on his face as he heard us talking. IF you ask me, it would be one TALL coincidence. :shades:

For everyone's information, Emporis has now got Signature Towers height listed at 319 meters (1,047 Ft). I think it's really cool seeing it listed so high! :yahoo: Here's the link:

Signature Tower

It also shows its status as approved :) ... hmmm

Off topic but, Marina City Center? Never heard of it... is it still a possibility?

I read the post but have never joined due to the lack of respect Nashville gets there. I am glad your at bat for us Dave. Its great to see some of those Atlanta jokers eating Crow for a change. Thanks and keep it up. :whistling:

This is by far the best site as far as I am concerned for the Nashville built environment.

Whoa dude....I'm from near Atlanta and I'm not eating crow. WXLA news today announced the approval of the redesigned "Mansion" being built here. Guess what.....1,212' tall, 91 floors and will finish in 2009.

:rofl: Psych......not really. I'm proud for you guys. But Atlanta won't let it stand forever. However, right now I believe Charlotte is your biggest threat. You and I both know Charlotte planners are going to out-tall Signature with Wachovia. Any concrete news on that?

Off topic but, Marina City Center? Never heard of it... is it still a possibility?

Thankfully, no. It was a briefly-floated proposal for a skyscraper on the site of the new Sounds Stadium. It was major-league ghastly ugly. Think Museum Plaza Ugly.

OK, maybe not THAT bad, 'cause that's about the worst.

Here's a link to the photo: http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=29422

Whoa dude....I'm from near Atlanta and I'm not eating crow. WXLA news today announced the approval of the redesigned "Mansion" being built here. Guess what.....1,212' tall, 91 floors and will finish in 2009.

:rofl: Psych......not really. I'm proud for you guys. But Atlanta won't let it stand forever. However, right now I believe Charlotte is your biggest threat. You and I both know Charlotte planners are going to out-tall Signature with Wachovia. Any concrete news on that?

I agree with you totally about Wachovia. When Tony G. visited with the Forum in February, the first thing he said as he entered the room was that Charlotte was going to get a 70 story building. That building has to be Wachovia. They've got that thing budgeted for a whopping $800 Million. They're already excavating the site right now digging a mammoth 100 foot deep hole. Right now Wachovia is being very mum about it, but I think that monster going to be upwards of 1200 Ft!. Still, Signature Tower is more than likely to be completed ahead of whatever Wachovia builds, and is truly an amazing (shall we say Signature?) project for Nashville.

Thankfully, no. It was a briefly-floated proposal for a skyscraper on the site of the new Sounds Stadium. It was major-league ghastly ugly. Think Museum Plaza Ugly.

OK, maybe not THAT bad, 'cause that's about the worst.

Here's a link to the photo: http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=29422

Ghastly is right. Meet George Jetson. :shok:

That tower was shot down awhile ago. :whistling: It was one of the proposals for the thermal plant site. And where the new Sounds stadium will be built.

The tower had some great height to it but, the flying saucer shape design of the top portion of the tower with the reverse staircase look of the balconies lower portion of the building wouldn't have done our skyline any justice. :sick:

Archived