Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a great tower for Nashville! Best of luck, but I am curious.....It seems that the 5K reservation requirement is unusually lenient, when compared with the VUE in Charlotte (51 stories, which has met pre-construction lending requirements and will break ground 4th quarter). The Vue guys required an initial deposit (reservation) of 5% of the unit cost, then another 5 or 10% (dependent on floor height) on groundbreaking, then balance at intervals. Penthouse units require initial 10%. With average unit cost >500K, that's a lot of dineros. I wonder with the low - and refundable - reservation costs of Sig, will there be a lot of reneges when it's truly time to sign on the dotted line....and if so, how truly valid are these early reservations?

Actually, it sounds like the Sig policy is more in line with what we've seen in Atlanta for reservations. Except, in most cases they're non refundable. It sounds like the Vue requirements are very stringent. Maybe their developers were trying to make doubly sure the demand existed before they proceeded.

Interesting that a skyscraper would make us like Atlanta. I thought it was that vast sprawl we were trying to avoid like Atlanta.

Its goind to take more than a building to become like Atlanta. Mid Town Atlanta is bigger than Nashville, No disrespect to Nashville. I love Nashville, I've been here most of my life but Nashville has a long way to go before it will reach the statis of Atlanta.

Its goind to take more than a building to become like Atlanta. Mid Town Atlanta is bigger than Nashville, No disrespect to Nashville. I love Nashville, I've been here most of my life but Nashville has a long way to go before it will reach the statis of Atlanta.

No, wait...you didn't understand...we don't want to become like Atlanta. Atlanta has a lot of wonderful things about it, and many noble buildings (The Swan House comes to mind!), but Nashvillians want to avoid the ubiquitous sprawl and horrible automobile dependence that Atlanta has so fully embraced. That was the point of the post you quoted.

The "statis" of Atlanta is a "statis" worth learning from, but not imitating.

Cool deal. Too bad Dillard's still owns the naming rights to Cain-Sloan. That would be a cool tip of the hat to have a small business in Signature Tower, like a florist or small boutique, named after the old store - logo and all.

I'm a sap for our old institutions. LOL

Welcome back, Hank. Lex and I were on the phone and we were wondering where you've been. Sig news is pretty sweet, isn't it? We have more cranes for you on your next visit. Hope to see you at the meet.

Thanks! It's good top be back. I plan to make the next meet and catching up wioth things as well as seeing everyone again. Lexy, if you see this, please post your Chattanooga pictures on the East Tennessee Forum. They are spectacular!!!

Mr. Gaushell - Any update on reservations? When will the new video be available to the public? Sounds interesting.

120 reservations will be posted tomorrow morning.

I have some new renderings that I'm putting final touches on - was out of town last few days so I hope to wrap up and get approval tomorrow - might post this weekend if Tony gives the okay.

Way too early on the video - another few weeks before anything goes public - at the earliest.

I have some new renderings that I'm putting final touches on - was out of town last few days so I hope to wrap up and get approval tomorrow - might post this weekend if Tony gives the okay.

Way too early on the video - another few weeks before anything goes public - at the earliest.

Are you saying 120 more reservations? If that's what you mean this project is essentially a go already!!!! :yahoo:

I have some new renderings that I'm putting final touches on -

I'm wondering if any of these show perspectives from the west, north, and/or east? The official skyline renderings we've seen have been from the south. I bet the relfection of the sunset from the west is going to be awesome looking.

Are you saying 120 more reservations? If that's what you mean this project is essentially a go already!!!! :yahoo:

120 total.

I'm wondering if any of these show perspectives from the west, north, and/or east? The official skyline renderings we've seen have been from the south. I bet the relfection of the sunset from the west is going to be awesome looking.

The new persectives are ground level shots - building only, from the northeast.

The new video will show the building from all angles in several lighting conditions.

^^^ I agree with you there rocky top...with how fast bristol west end, the icon, and adelicia have been selling its really surprising to me that only 120 have been reserved so far for signature. maybe demand really isn't as high as everyone has been hoping...

^^^ I agree with you there rocky top...with how fast bristol west end, the icon, and adelicia have been selling its really surprising to me that only 120 have been reserved so far for signature. maybe demand really isn't as high as everyone has been hoping...

typically projects with a higher end demographic take a bit longer. there is a much larger base to pull for icon, etc.

i wouldn't sweat it at this point. not unusual to see the marketing planned in phases as more information is required to solicit and capture this type of buyer.

i have full confidence that all is well. you shouldn't expect something like sig to sell out overnight.

Minotaur is correct. The project will take longer than Icon, which was fueled by a lot of speculators who hope to flip quickly. Adelicia has been slower too because of the higher nonrefundable deposit.

Pricewise, I consider Adelicia comparable to Signature Tower. Do you have any specific information as to how sales are going on that one?

When you stated 120 reservations, I got excited because I assumed they were additional since the total was below the 125 shown before. However, the 120 is indeed correct as shown on the site today. That means that some reservations fell out. Is that due to the check being promised but never recieved? I did notice that some units that were not reserved earlier are listed as reserved today, the most noticeable being the 64th story penthouse. Wow! I'd like to become friends with whoever that is.

Archived