Signature Tower

NewTowner

From how far away will we be able see the Signature? Will we be able to see it in the skyline from 440? 100 Oaks?

Eeeeeeaaaaasilyyyyyy, you'll be able to see it from farther out than Hickory Hollow at I-24. As long as you're not behind a hill, you should be able to see it from way out in many directions. Once it's built we could have a competition to see who can get a pic of ST from the farthest out.

Not to be a wet blanket but if ST is a go, we still won't see it come out of the ground for another 18 months or so. :cry:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eeeeeeaaaaasilyyyyyy, you'll be able to see it from farther out than Hickory Hollow at I-24. As long as you're not behind a hill, you should be able to see it from way out in many directions. Once it's built we could have a competition to see who can get a pic of ST from the farthest out.

Not to be a wet blanket but if ST is a go, we still won't see it come out of the ground for another 18 months or so. :cry:

It's going to be SO incredible to see that thing built. The crane is going to be huge and the mass of metal in the air will be so impressive.

I still feel that a 55 story Signature Tower is a better fit for Nashville. I was really disappointed when Tony announced this building at 65 stories. I think it had a better chance of being built at 55 stories than 65 stories. I have major reservations that this project will fly due to its proposed height.

Why? It's cleared any height restrictions...and it seems to be selling...and I'm sure a hotel announcement will come soon.

I still feel that a 55 story Signature Tower is a better fit for Nashville. I was really disappointed when Tony announced this building at 65 stories. I think it had a better chance of being built at 55 stories than 65 stories. I have major reservations that this project will fly due to its proposed height.

Blasphemy!! I think he can do it. :D

I'm not sure I understand your reservations about ST. The added height came from the addition of the hotel. If he doesn't secure a hotel I'm sure Tony will either shorten the tower or add more units which are doing well. The obstacles have been cleared as far as MDHA is concerned so the height isn't an issue there. I guess what I'm trying to say is ST's height isn't really a factor at this point. It now has to do with demand. I'm not trying to be smart about it but if you would please clarify. :)

I've stated this before. There is no way the city of Nashville is going to receive international attention like that and then have to eat crow because they couldn't support it. Talk about embarressed. I believe it will fly even if the city has to loan money on it themselves.

I also believe the only reason it is in doubt by some is because of where it is. If it were down here in Atlanta it wouldn't even be in question. Having lived about 65 miles from Nashville in the 70s, I can vouch for the idea that many had an inferiority complex when comparing Nashville to other cities. So naturally when such a landmark proposal presents itself, there are those who just can't allow themselves to believe it. To them I would just say that while I understand the reservations and doubt, they are basing their doubt on the old Nashville of the 60s and 70s. The Nashville of the 21st century isn't the same docile, self-defeating animal as the Nashville of the 20th centery.

But if you guys decide not to build it, send Tony down here and he can borrow one of our hundreds of cranes. :thumbsup:

Easily. I believe that the Signature will be able to be seen from most of the county if your view is unobstructed. It will be great. A beacon to draw people downtown if for no other reason than to gawk.

If the view is unobstructed, and the air is clear enough, you can see an object 1,047 ft high from nearly 40 miles away! Of course, the spire is quite thin and from that distance you could only see the very tip of the spire. Still I think it's very possible for anyone to discern the tower easily from at least 20 miles as long as the view is unobstructed!

I grew up in Hendersonville, and we lived on a hill and had a great view of the entire skyline. I know of many spots in Hendersonville where downtown can clearly be seen. It was always cool being able to see the downtown fireworks from 12+ miles away! Anyways, Signature will be awesome to see from a distance.

^Here, here!! I'll bring a shovel and some duck tape!

Saw a commercial on Channel 5 saying that they would have a special feature on Siggie tomorrow (Wed) at 10 pm

I saw that to, It think will be about Sig Tower and all of his developments that he's building downtown. Ill definitely will be watching!! :w00t:

Oh good. I'll be sure to stay up and see it.

And BTW, it's duct tape, with a t.

Ah, yes...you got me! I never said I was perfect, just a bit sleepy! Maybe I'll paint some yellow duckies on it and call it 'duck' tape!

Ah, yes...you got me! I never said I was perfect, just a bit sleepy! Maybe I'll paint some yellow duckies on it and call it 'duck' tape!

They do have 'duck' tape though... its a brand name that makes duct tape, lol. Had to throw that in there :shades:

^Here, here!! I'll bring a shovel and some duck tape!

Saw a commercial on Channel 5 saying that they would have a special feature on Siggie tomorrow (Wed) at 10 pm

Actually, I saw a clip online from one of the Nashville TV station websites saying Tony G. was honored by some club in town for his role in changing the residential aspects of your downtown particularly his Verridian and Signature projects. I'll try to find the link unless someone knows what I'm talking about. I would imaging they will include that clip in the report.

Just saw the report on CH 5. VERY COOL!!!!!!!!! Tony is on the ball. Did anyone hear the reporter say the top floor was at 1057'? Surely that was a BIG mistake. Also mentioned the second phase of Encore and Tony developing 9 acres in the Gulch.

I saw it too,

Tony G is the man!!! I have never seen a developer in Nashville's history build so many large scale projects in our city in a short period of time.

Yeah, I saw that mistake too. Not only is the top floor closer to about 900 feet, but the tip of the spire is only at 1047 feet! Oh, well, they made sound even bigger! :D

I was also very interested about them saying that he's interested in his 9 acre gulch property, and was still planning on building Encore Phase II, unless they were wrong about that too, which wouldn't surprise me.

I was also interested when Tony himself said that, unless I'm mistaken, he wants to have restaurant, lounge, wine bar, etc. in the Encore (which has a very nice new render!). Maybe he was just talking about SoBro in general, I don't know.

Archived