Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to the Sig website and the interactive floorplan section has a weird message in the reservation box.

"Warning: send_alert(../vlib/vlibMimeMail.php) [function.send-alert]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/exper6/public_html/signature/getXMLPricing.php on line 81"

I'm not sure what that message means other than that part of the site is down for maintenance. Hopefully it means he will list actual sales.

Went to the Sig website and the interactive floorplan section has a weird message in the reservation box.

"Warning: send_alert(../vlib/vlibMimeMail.php) [function.send-alert]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/exper6/public_html/signature/getXMLPricing.php on line 81"

I'm not sure what that message means other than that part of the site is down for maintenance. Hopefully it means he will list actual sales.

The site is up now. Reservations have fallen by 3 to 141, all lower priced units on the lowest levels. I suspect this is some indication of fallout as they begin converting all to sales contracts. I would feel better about all of this if they would begin listing some of the units as "sold".

Correct it was a temporary maintenance server error.

Driving in to work this morning, I looked over at the city while driving on the south loop just past where you get off on 2nd or 4th avenues. I don't have a picture, but for the first time I noticed the "stair-step" appearance as your eye moves from the Country Music Hall of Fame...to the Hilton...to the new Suntrust Bldg....up to the Viridian...then over to the City Center?...then I started thinking about the big step up to the Signature Tower. Next time you drive by, take a glance...it's a pretty cool view...or better yet...take a picture and post it here!!

Driving in to work this morning, I looked over at the city while driving on the south loop just past where you get off on 2nd or 4th avenues. I don't have a picture, but for the first time I noticed the "stair-step" appearance as your eye moves from the Country Music Hall of Fame...to the Hilton...to the new Suntrust Bldg....up to the Viridian...then over to the City Center?...then I started thinking about the big step up to the Signature Tower. Next time you drive by, take a glance...it's a pretty cool view...or better yet...take a picture and post it here!!

T-Hog,

Of all the interstate inner-loop views, the view from the south loop is my favorite. The horizontal line of towers spans nine blocks, with the land-massive SoBro in the foreground. Throw in The Pinnacle, The Westin and Signature and.. wow.

ESU

What a great tower for Nashville! Best of luck, but I am curious.....It seems that the 5K reservation requirement is unusually lenient, when compared with the VUE in Charlotte (51 stories, which has met pre-construction lending requirements and will break ground 4th quarter). The Vue guys required an initial deposit (reservation) of 5% of the unit cost, then another 5 or 10% (dependent on floor height) on groundbreaking, then balance at intervals. Penthouse units require initial 10%. With average unit cost >500K, that's a lot of dineros. I wonder with the low - and refundable - reservation costs of Sig, will there be a lot of reneges when it's truly time to sign on the dotted line....and if so, how truly valid are these early reservations?

This was a very good question over a year ago. Isn't it kind of crazy that we still don't know the answer ?

This was a very good question over a year ago. Isn't it kind of crazy that we still don't know the answer ?

Thx...and it seems there's no way to easily find out the answer....lots of fog and haze, but nevertheless, an "ironclad" groundbreaking planned in just 2 weeks. FWIW, Vue has already commenced construction here.

There is activity on the Signature Website under the reservations. They are down to 131 but no change in the penthouses. While this might be viewed as negative, it could be the expected weeding process. I don't think anyone here ever expressed the view that all the reservations would convert to sales. I still believe that once the construction begins and the tower is a 100% go, the sales will increase due to the buyers feeling much more secure.

Stay tuned.

There is activity on the Signature Website under the reservations. They are down to 131 but no change in the penthouses. While this might be viewed as negative, it could be the expected weeding process. I don't think anyone here ever expressed the view that all the reservations would convert to sales. I still believe that once the construction begins and the tower is a 100% go, the sales will increase due to the buyers feeling much more secure.

Stay tuned.

My feelings exactly. However, I do hope the "weeding out" process does not take the number of reservations down too much further, and that we soon start seeing the word "sold" beside some of the condo unit numbers. Either way, I still expect to see the ground breaking within a very short time.

look at what i found

z1112jh2.jpg

hmm.......

this is in shenzen, it is called Wolrd Financial Centre, here is the link to emporis

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=...shenzhen-china

if tony could do something like this to the crown, it would look amazing!!!

WOW! Great find! That building may be the closest yet in design to Siggy, and I love the way they light up the tower portion at night with different colors. I hope Tony sees this. I'd love to see such a colorful crown looming a 1000 ft above downtown Nashville. What an awesome sight that would be! :good:

look at what i found

z1112jh2.jpg

hmm.......

this is in shenzen, it is called Wolrd Financial Centre, here is the link to emporis

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=...shenzhen-china

if tony could do something like this to the crown, it would look amazing!!!

The crown of that building does look similar to Signature's. post-8647-1182828803_thumb.jpg but Signature's crown looks way better.

The crown of that building does look similar to Signature's. post-8647-1182828803_thumb.jpg but Signature's crown looks way better.

Man, Shenzhen is awsome! It sure puts things in perspective doesn't it? We're all "will he or won't he" about signature tower and there's probably a building like that going up every month somewhere in china... well, not as tall, but they are building them pretty tall. I was in Beijing last month, but there aren't really many tall ones there - but they are building a new CCTV skyscraper that looks pretty sweet. It makes you ralize though, it's not really the buildings that matter, it's the quality of life. Or perhaps I should say, if the quality of life sucks, tall buildings don't make it more palatable. Just my observation while over there...

That CCTV tower in Beijing is pretty amazing...here is the link to the architect's website. Definitely worth checking out.

http://www.oma.eu/index.php?option=com_pro...5&Itemid=10

Very exciting stuff to look at. It's amazing what you can do with free access to the federal treasury or a few billion barrels of oil reserves. No need to quibble over material costs or pre-sales. But you have to wonder who will show up to live in all the instant waterfront cities being built in Dubai, U.A.E., Quatar, etc. It seems like the most extreme economic example of too much money chasing too few goods. The only thing we can be certain about is that it will not end softly. It never does. I remember hearing stories in the 70's about rich Saudis abandoning Mercedes Benz' on the side of the road when the gas tank was empty. What will they do with their waterfront condo under similar circumstances ?

Economists and supply & demand theorists all over the world must be licking their chops to study the tail end of this era.

We should probably continue this discussion on a new thread.

I have followed this project at a limited manner, so I am not really up to date on what is happening.

Has anything new come up on this project? Will it actually be built or will Tony G scale the project back to a more reasonable height? If he does scale it back will it just become another tower or will people follow it religiously like they have the current 1000 foot tower? To me it seems as though the project is getting a lot of hype mainly because it is going to be the tallest tower outside of New York and Chicago, which will put nashville more so on the map. I figure the project will be loved no matter what by people in nashville, but without the hype from around the country will people be willing to spend $500,000 and up to live in building that doesn't really stand out that much when considering buildings in surrounding cities (mainly charlotte and atlanta).

Please don't chastise me too bad due to my doubts about the project.

I guess the only thing that has changed since this topic was started is there is now a taller building proposed for Las Vegas. So now it appears that it would be Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, Nashville and no doubt this list will change again as time goes on.

Archived