Signature Tower

NewTowner

^ To simplify things, I'll bet somebody on this board knows somebody that leases a monthly space on that lot. When that guy or gal is told to make other arrangements at the end of the month then we'll know something is up. To answer your question I'd guess that most folks renting these spaces are probably already all paid up for the month of July.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I think if Tony were really worried about this project at this time and he were losing reservations as fast as Jeeper thinks he may be, he wouldn't be updating the reservations on the website at all. This project is moving forward next month just as we have all been told, IMO. I look forward to seeing this thing rise out of the ground next year.,

In regards to height. It does not matter whether it is the tallest outside of NYC or Chicago or not. That is if it were already built. Miami has proposals for two 110 story condo towers as well as the Las Vegas proposal. This tower will not keep that title for long. In all actuality, 1057 feet is not that tall compared to all of the towers being built higher than that, and remember, that is with the spire! Occupied floors is in the 850 range. Regardless, Tony will put something on the lot.

The height wars are getting a bit unrealistic. I am more excited about the 435 foot Pinnicle Tower. Although I like this tower, I know I will never have a reason to go in it.

Careful G-towner, you better tread lightly....Seriously though, you couldn't be more dead-on about the whole "tallest building in the whatever" angle. It's a weak basis upon which to pursue a a condo tower IMO. I mean, is it really likely that it never occurred to a developer in NYC or Atlanta or Chicago or any other market with 4 million or more people to try that one ? I'm sure there are good reasons why most residential condos in those large markets top out at about 40-50 stories (safety, convenience, diminishing returns relative to cost of going from 50 to 70, etc.). But if having the tallest this or that was, in and of itself, a magic bullet, developers would be regularly trying to outdo each other for this honor all the time. But the best of the luxury residential developments around the country that I've seen don't focus on their skyscraper status to sell units. Go figure.

The condo portion of the building is close to the original design ITS ONLY (56) stories condo, (14) story hotel.=(70) Not to far at all off the mark from the 40-50 story example that you posted, The hotel gives the tower the boost to (70) stories.

Tony sales only (56) stories of the building.

Assuming the worst, what is going on with Signature at this time?

Scaled down? Not built at all? perfectly fine? More office space, and less condos?

To answer your question, at this point nothing has changed and I think it would be a while before you would see any changes made to the building if he decided he had to go that route. However, there is no office component to this tower, so that isn't an option. It's a hotel at the bottom, condos above that...

To answer your question, at this point nothing has changed and I think it would be a while before you would see any changes made to the building if he decided he had to go that route. However, there is no office component to this tower, so that isn't an option. It's a hotel at the bottom, condos above that...

If he makes major changes to floor count or something else, I believe that would void his existing contracts. For example, if the building were reduced to 55 floors from 70, that would most likely reduce the value of the penthouses. Basically everyone who reserved would have to redo their contracts. So I agree any major changes would take a lot of time.

Is this July 7th groundbreaking event going to occur at spontaneous time (unusual) or have they started to advertise time/place/guest list given that several people here have said that is going to happen on this date. I note this is just a week away now and normally for a groundbreaking for a project that is monumental as this one, there is usually a well planned event announced several weeks before it happens.

Careful G-towner, you better tread lightly....Seriously though, you couldn't be more dead-on about the whole "tallest building in the whatever" angle. It's a weak basis upon which to pursue a a condo tower IMO. I mean, is it really likely that it never occurred to a developer in NYC or Atlanta or Chicago or any other market with 4 million or more people to try that one ? I'm sure there are good reasons why most residential condos in those large markets top out at about 40-50 stories (safety, convenience, diminishing returns relative to cost of going from 50 to 70, etc.). But if having the tallest this or that was, in and of itself, a magic bullet, developers would be regularly trying to outdo each other for this honor all the time. But the best of the luxury residential developments around the country that I've seen don't focus on their skyscraper status to sell units. Go figure.

Definitely "tallest" does not equal "marketability". FYI, according to a guy I used to work with who moved to Chicago to sell urban condos, sales are way down in the entire city ("anemic" was his term). Even Trump is apparently having trouble moving product in his new tower on the Chicago River, which I believe advertises as the highest residential units in the city.

Is this July 7th groundbreaking event going to occur at spontaneous time (unusual) or have they started to advertise time/place/guest list given that several people here have said that is going to happen on this date. I note this is just a week away now and normally for a groundbreaking for a project that is monumental as this one, there is usually a well planned event announced several weeks before it happens.

I agree...we should have heard something by now

Don't know what was going outside the sales center at the Suntrust building but there was a crowd. I counted at least 10 couples, all who looked to be in their 30's and 40's all hovering around the Siggy Sales Sign out on the street. A few couples joined the crowed once exiting the Suntrust building. These were not tourist, all seemed to be dressed in nice comfortable business casual attire. I know it could have been a number of things but they all flocked around the siggy sign as they waited.

My meter was up and the dog was going crazy so I couldnt hang around to see what was up.

Don't know what was going outside the sales center at the Suntrust building but there was a crowd. I counted at least 10 couples, all who looked to be in their 30's and 40's all hovering around the Siggy Sales Sign out on the street. A few couples joined the crowed once exiting the Suntrust building. These were not tourist, all seemed to be dressed in nice comfortable business casual attire. I know it could have been a number of things but they all flocked around the siggy sign as they waited.

My meter was up and the dog was going crazy so I couldnt hang around to see what was up.

That would seem to be photo-op maybe? It may be tied to the groundbreaking. I would venture they are actual buyers who have been asked to huddle around the sign to have their picture taken to be put in the papers in advertisement of either the groundbreaking or the tower itself.

Someone may have pulled the cover off a cheese plate.

Actually, I hope it was some sort of an announcement with good news. Maybe we'll see something on the evening news.

MT

Signature up from 121 to 122 this morning with the additional reservation coming on the middle third (750,000 range). I counted 58 from there up yesterday and today it is 59 with no change in the top five floors.

Thanks for the heads up. It's quite possible, it's only up from here as far as reservations (or are they really sales contracts?) go.

Thanks for the heads up. It's quite possible, it's only up from here as far as reservations (or are they really sales contracts?)go.

Hankster, if there is a groundbreaking or any sort of ceremonial event related to ST that you are not invited to I'll be offended on your behalf :) . Nobody but nobody has stood by Tony quite like you have. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if you don't have an invite to this shindig then something must have been pushed back for one reason or another. :)

Straight from his mouth when we visited with him, groundbreaking was to be July the 4th. But he said this was a target date, and not a deadline as it's been assumed. If he has to wait and be patient, that's what is going to happen.

\

I was there too, He said July 4 We'll just have to wait and see. :whistling:

Straight from his mouth when we visited with him, groundbreaking was to be July the 4th. But he said this was a target date, and not a deadline as it's been assumed. If he has to wait and be patient, that's what is going to happen.

Okay, well this is the first time I've heard anything along the lines of 'wait and see'. If that's the case, that's a whole different ballgame.

According to someone that works for Tony, ground breaking is definately July 7th. Just let Tony know how you want your crow cooked.

Tony apparently said he'd break ground on July 4th but I think this is where the July 7th date came from. So much for bold predictions, especially when they're laced with sarcasm.

Tony apparently said he'd break ground on July 4th but I think this is where the July 7th date came from. So much for bold predictions, especially when they're laced with sarcasm.

The original July 4th date came from directly from Tony Giarratana at the March Forum meet. Apparently he decided to move it back three days. No big deal.

I don't think anybody has to "eat crow" concerning this project. All the concerns brought up by those on this forum are well thought out and reasonable. Some people look at things diferently and come to different conclusions given the same facts.

I'm certainly going to be excited if this project does go forward and becomes reality, and I'm confident that it will do so. But, I'd be the first to say that this project is still not a lead pipe cinch, even if ground does break July 7th.

Archived