Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no doubt in my mind that the tower is indeed 1047 Ft tall after looking at the model picture. It may be listed at 65 stories, but just as Lexy counted, there are 72 levels to this monster. WOW!!! This is a humbling experience. I'm almost speechless!

So what was all said at the party? When will construction actually begin and did he mention anything about updating the website?? Hey Lexy if you could turn the picture with the whole building in it into one of your masterpieces like you did with the Nashville skyline that would be awesome!! Too bad the people are standing next to it.

I like it. I will admit I had some reservations about some features of the earlier design, but this is a big improvement.

It has some detail and relief and also provides a nice horizontal effect for each floor. This looks much better than the earlier renderings which made it look like it had a flat facade, much like an all-glass Washington Monument.

Now, it looks like it belongs in the skyline and not like its some large spaceship, waiting to be launched. It will dominate the skyline, but not overwhelm it.

When you walk around the corner and see this, it will draw your eyes up and look even taller than it is. It will be an OMG moment. This would be a 'signature' tower in any City and stand out even in New York or Chicago. Who knows? We may even see some 'rubes' from those two Cities gawking at our tall building. :lol:

BTW; It sure will look good on national tv in the mandatory skyline shot right after Vince Young passes/hands off to Lendale White for the winning touchdown in the 2009 AFC Championship Game. :yahoo:

I like it. I will admit I had some reservations about some features of the design earlier, but this is a big improvement.

It has some detail and relief and also provides a nice horizontal effect for each floor. This looks much better than the earlier renderings which made it look like it had a flat facade, much like an all-glass Washington Monument.

Now, it looks like it belongs in the skyline and not like its some large spaceship, waiting to be launched. It will dominate the skyline, but not overwhelm it.

When you walk around the corner and see this, it will draw your eyes up and look even taller than it is. It will be an OMG moment. This would be a 'signature' tower in any City and stand out even in New York or Chicago. Who knows? We may even see some 'rubes' from those to Cities gawking at our tall building. :lol:

BTW; It sure will look good on national tv in the mandatory skyline shot right after Vince Young passes/hands off to Lendale White for the winning touchdown in the 2009 AFC Championship Game. :yahoo:

Damn, did we get Lendale, too? Sorry, the Sig is the bomb!

Or when we hoist the Stanley Cup up down Broadway. Which is very likely in the next two years, VERY VERY LIKELY.

I just got back myself. Good crowd. Yes it is 65 stories. Tony was saying that the top 6 (penthouse) floors will be 24 ft of windows each. That is what gives it the appearance of 70 or so stories. What a view that will be. They had a model in the Cumberland that they allowed us to tour that was amock up of what the ST units will look like. WOW! It was beautiful. The penthouses in ST will be 4000 sq ft. Overall, it was a very nice evening. Very classy. Looking forward to seeing that baby rise.

Yes..... construction will begin by Jan 31st 2007. Sept. is when the 1st units will be sold....I believe that what he said. He did also say that because of the large # of elevator banks, people will be living in the lower part of tower by early 2008 while the rest of the tower is being completed.

He did also say that because of the large # of elevator banks, people will be living in the lower part of tower by early 2008 while the rest of the tower is being completed.

That is odd. I wonder if that is allowed by city codes and safety laws? I don't think I have ever heard of that happening anywhere. To be honest, with all due respect, it doesn't make any sense to me. Elevator banks shouldn't have anything to do with the upper levels of the tower.

Friends,

I attended the Sig T event at The Cumberland tonight. Missed IJDave but I just got your voice mail message, Dave.

The new-look ST is quiet sleek, imposing and contemporary. LOVE the cap with the fins.

HOWEVER, one key thing to remember:

MDHA must approve all design and function elements of the building before Tony can move forward. There will be eight people on the MDHA Design Review Committee. So Tony needs five votes. One of the concerns already expressed is that the tower could be so tall in relation to the other downtown high-rises that the visual effect could be odd. Just telling you what I've heard. For the eight-person committee, at least three members are MDHA officials. There will also be an architect and a neighborhood association leader, among others.

Bottom line: This deal is not done yet.

Hold on to your hats.

WW

yeah...that's what he said. And he specifically noted the difference in the # of elevator banks between Viridian and ST. He wished he could do that in Viridian, but there is only set of elevators and it wasn't even an option. Sounded kinda strange to me as well. But, he is the one making this happen, so I just stood there and listened.

Ok, just got home and here is what I know. Some of this stuff others have already posted so sorry if I'm repeating.

I talked with Tony. He is definitely pump. He said that even after all of the months planning, when the model showed up, he was blown away by how beautiful it is. Btw, I would like to thank Tony for being so amazingly gracious. His team is really sharp. Most impressive.

Now for some details.

* Definitely 1047' tall.

* The elevators have 65 stops but it is virtually 70 stories tall. Some units will have two floors.

* The hotel will be on the bottom ten floors above the lobby and have a separate entrance on 5th Ave.

* The skin of the building will appear blue on sunny days and the silverish color when cloudy.

* This is very cool: There will be a glass, diamond-shape beacon at the top of the spire that will shine

at all times. This will be the FAA beacon.

* There will be a "dog run" for all the fidos to do their business...next to the pool area.

* The construction will begin "on or before Jan. 31, 2007".

So that is some of what I have. I will post more facts and my pictures later tonight. I'm going back out to celebrate!

Well as the info trickles in, I am burgeoning with more excitment. This is a fine example of what to do in a large tower. I just hope those clowns in Louisville with Museum Plaza were watching. This is the example to follow in my humble opinion.

William, I can see the concern with MDHA, but honestly. Will it be that out of place with the other talls coming on line later this year and next perhaps? OR.....will that forsight not figure into the decision making process at all?

God here we go again! Just when you think it is all said and done. So when exactly are they supposed to make a decision about this? I hope that they do not decrease the height. I wish they would just take a look at the Paradigm rendering to see that it does not look bad at all.

Archived