Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thankfully, no. It was a briefly-floated proposal for a skyscraper on the site of the new Sounds Stadium. It was major-league ghastly ugly. Think Museum Plaza Ugly.

OK, maybe not THAT bad, 'cause that's about the worst.

Here's a link to the photo: http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=29422

Wow... ummm... interesting? lol. From what the article says... it sounds like they wanted to cram an entire small city into that funny lookin spaceship. I can't imagine that thing next to the Shelby bridge...

I agree with you totally about Wachovia. When Tony G. visited with the Forum in February, the first thing he said as he entered the room was that Charlotte was going to get a 70 story building. That building has to be Wachovia. They've got that thing budgeted for a whopping $800 Million. They're already excavating the site right now digging a mammoth 100 foot deep hole. Right now Wachovia is being very mum about it, but I think that monster going to be upwards of 1200 Ft!. Still, Signature Tower is more than likely to be completed ahead of whatever Wachovia builds, and is truly an amazing (shall we say Signature?) project for Nashville.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Let them out-tall Nashville if they want. Both cities will have 1,000 footers and many cities much larger than either of you would give their eye teeth for one. Phoenix comes to mind.

I mean, you guys have Tony G. who is systemetically developing a super skyline for your city and Louisville has that psycho who is developing Museum Plaza. Who would you rather have? :blink:

I agree with you totally about Wachovia. When Tony G. visited with the Forum in February, the first thing he said as he entered the room was that Charlotte was going to get a 70 story building. That building has to be Wachovia. They've got that thing budgeted for a whopping $800 Million. They're already excavating the site right now digging a mammoth 100 foot deep hole. Right now Wachovia is being very mum about it, but I think that monster going to be upwards of 1200 Ft!. Still, Signature Tower is more than likely to be completed ahead of whatever Wachovia builds, and is truly an amazing (shall we say Signature?) project for Nashville.

Now Hankster, be careful. You're speculating an awful lot and according to our friends in Charlotte, nothing is for sure until it is built. I'm mean, at least Signature has an announced height. But who am I kidding, Signature isn't going to be built anyway...or at least that's what I'm told. :D

Let's not forget that the first and foremost useage of MP is residential. The museum is the added bonus of some crazy-minded "skylobby". The arguments can go either way, but 40 years from now, which tower will be better looked at as defining a period in time for a city? MP or Signature Tower? The choice is clear if history is any indication as to what the future will be. Different strokes for different folks I guess, LOL!!! Agree to disagree (somewhat)?

I will be excitied about a "modern" museum in Nashville, but will I fall over my doorstep to go to see it? Probably not. That isn't my thing though. To me, art is what you make of it and how "it" is perceived by ones self. Not by being the most bold, flamboyant, and out of place thing in the skyline. Show me how the base of MP works for the better good of pedestrians and I may cut it some slack. Otherwise......well nevermind. It's late and my brain hurts. LOL!!!

thats not true. It started as a museum.

I'm mean, at least Signature has an announced height. But who am I kidding, Signature isn't going to be built anyway...or at least that's what I'm told. :D

At least that's what many on the Charlotte forum are privately hoping. It's going to be sooooo very painful to their egos when Signature breaks ground! :lol:

At least that's what many on the Charlotte forum are privately hoping. It's going to be sooooo very painful to their egos when Signature breaks ground! :lol:

Signature is a nice project and you all should be proud, but what does Charlotte have to do with it? And why do you think we wouldn't want it to be built? I have lived in Charlotte for all my 30+ years and I don't ever remember it ever having the tallest building in the south. As the cities of the south grow more and more and urban living continues to be a hot trend, I think more cities will go after taller buildings. Even Fort Worth has a proposal for a 900' building. Should I somehow be threatened by that?

I'll be passing through Nashville tomorrow, where is the model located at? I might stop by for a peek.

Signature is a nice project and you all should be proud, but what does Charlotte have to do with it? And why do you think we wouldn't want it to be built? I have lived in Charlotte for all my 30+ years and I don't ever remember it ever having the tallest building in the south. As the cities of the south grow more and more and urban living continues to be a hot trend, I think more cities will go after taller buildings. Even Fort Worth has a proposal for a 900' building. Should I somehow be threatened by that?

I'll be passing through Nashville tomorrow, where is the model located at? I might stop by for a peek.

We're just having a little fun with some of the posts we've seen about how unlikely it is that ST will even be built and how out of place it will look. Nothing serious. Should you be threatened? Absolutely not but some do for some odd reason. I don't see what anyone in Charlotte would have to worry about. I love Charlotte's buildings. If you would like to see the model, it is in the front window of The Cumberland which is located on the corner of Church Street and 6th Ave. You can't miss it.

thats not true. It started as a museum.

It may have started as a museum, but the largest amount of money for that project will come from condo sales, not admission prices at a museum. My apologies for the statement in question here. I guess I should've said the biggest thing about that projects money flow is the residential part, not the museum.

We're just having a little fun with some of the posts we've seen about how unlikely it is that ST will even be built and how out of place it will look. Nothing serious. Should you be threatened? Absolutely not but some do for some odd reason. I don't see what anyone in Charlotte would have to worry about. I love Charlotte's buildings. If you would like to see the model, it is in the front window of The Cumberland which is located on the corner of Church Street and 6th Ave. You can't miss it.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

And yes I do know the are some forumers from my city that are a bit......overzealous. I do my best to just ignore them.

Now Hankster, be careful. You're speculating an awful lot and according to our friends in Charlotte, nothing is for sure until it is built. I'm mean, at least Signature has an announced height. But who am I kidding, Signature isn't going to be built anyway...or at least that's what I'm told. :D

Signature will be built, GET OVER IT! :D

It may have started as a museum, but the largest amount of money for that project will come from condo sales, not admission prices at a museum. My apologies for the statement in question here. I guess I should've said the biggest thing about that projects money flow is the residential part, not the museum.

that may not be true. the multi million dollar peices of art on display and the Fine Arts Masters program with Uofl, as well as the stores and resturaunts will generate a lot of money as well.

I know Skyscrapergeek was just making fun of all the naysayers when he said Signature Tower won't be built. You know, he knows and I know it's practically 100% certain.

Thanks for havin' my back Hankster. :alc:

Btw Hankster, I don't know if you've seen it yet but under Diagrams on SSP they have changed the height info on ST. It still shows the old diagram of ST that is completely wrong though. Maybe someone will do a new one soon. I don't know why but it feels like progress to see the correct info listed. Are you coming up for the forum meet? Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

And yes I do know the are some forumers from my city that are a bit......overzealous. I do my best to just ignore them.

The big thing to know about us that we are glad a tower is being built Nashville. It's like Christmas time and towers are just the big presents surrounded by smaller ones!

Nashville is an exciting place right now, Charlotte is too. A friend of mine moved from here to there last year and he's shocked every time we talk and I tell him 'what's new'!!

If Charlotte gets a 1200 footer, then I/we will be happy for Charlotte; we are still getting a 1000+ ft tower!!!! We are happy, no elated, for the towers/projects we are getting! We drool over CATS while Charlotte has envy for the Music City Star. This is not a contest, both cities just want it all and will be happy with what they get

If you would like to see the model, it is in the front window of The Cumberland which is located on the corner of Church Street and 6th Ave. You can't miss it.

And while you're at it... glance down Church @ the corner of 5th, look as high up as you can look, and picture a beautiful tower :D

That was me tonight lol.. the model looks even better in person I think :shades:

Btw Hankster, I don't know if you've seen it yet but under Diagrams on SSP they have changed the height info on ST. It still shows the old diagram of ST that is completely wrong though. Maybe someone will do a new one soon. I don't know why but it feels like progress to see the correct info listed. Are you coming up for the forum meet? Hope to see you there.

I'm going to have to miss this one. My daughter is graduating from NYU graduate school on Monday. I'm headed up to the Big Apple later today for the festivities! I plan to take a street level shot of the Chrysler Building while I'm up there for comparative purposes to the Signature Tower. That should give everybody on the forum an idea just how damn big this thing is going to be!

A question for those who attended the unveiling or received the Sig promotional kits. My kit didn't contain a sheet with details on floors 11-23. I'm most curious about these floors since the units on them are most likely what I could afford. Am I just missing this sheet, or did none of the kits contain one?

I was, and still am, completely blown away by the Signature Tower. It was much more beuatiful than I had imagined it to be. I truly hope this building is built. My husband, being a northern urbanite, even liked the building itself. Could we purchase a place in the Signature Tower? Definitely. If the numbers can be manuevered to justify a purchase, we would. How chic will it be to say "we own a place in the Signature Tower. The country's tallest residential building." From an investment point of view, I don't think you can go wrong. The building itself is soooooooo very beautiful.

With such expansive windows in the upper units, there will soon be some very busy interior designers in Nashville. I'm sure all the exclusive fabric stores and custom window treatment makers are gearing up for a nice profitable year in 2009. :D

Congratulations to the city of Nashville.

Not only skyscrapers, but also population, economic growth and development, urban renewal, education reform...

We are FINALLY seing the fruits of the Reconstruction. Better yet, this is our Renaissance.

Before the Civil War, the South had some fine (I don't want to say European, but that's the imagery that comes to mind, really.) cities that were every bit an urbanist's dream. Of course, most were destroyed.

Now, all we have to do is keep our kids from dropping their accents and running off to other areas of the country just cause they think the grass is greener without the "Southern stigma". They should want to remain here and live their lives well---raise families, spend their money, help future generations.

When this happens the South will have reached the top.

Not only skyscrapers, but also population, economic growth and development, urban renewal, education reform...

We are FINALLY seing the fruits of the Reconstruction. Better yet, this is our Renaissance.

Before the Civil War, the South had some fine (I don't want to say European, but that's the imagery that comes to mind, really.) cities that were every bit an urbanist's dream. Of course, most were destroyed.

Now, all we have to do is keep our kids from droppin their accents and runnin off to other areas of the country just cause they think the grass is greener without the "Southern stigma". They should want to remain here and live their lives well---raise families, spend their money, help future generations.

When this happens the South will have reached the top.

Funny, I thought we were doing just fine until urban renewal in the 1950s. :blink:

I'm here in New York City at my daughter's graduation from graduate school. It was a beautiful day, and I took some pictures of the Chrysler Building. Many think it is the inspiration for Tony Giarratana's Signature Tower. The Chrysler Building is massive and it's imposing. It's 77 stories and 1,046 Ft tall! It may well be the world's best example of Art Deco skyscraper architecture. The Signaure Tower will be exactly 1 foot taller than behemoth. I think these pictures willgive us a good idea of what an imposing structure the Signature Tower will be.

A view from the top of my daughter's apartment building on the Lower East Side.

P5071033.jpg

The Chrysler Building

P5071039.jpg

P5071042.jpg

P5071043.jpg

P5071044.jpg

P5071045.jpg

Archived