Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to bidclerk the hotel portion seems to have been done away with. It also says "above ground floor reatil". Does that mean there might be multiple stories of retail, or am i reading it wrong? Then again this could be a completely different 65 story building. :D

http://www.bidclerk.com/projects/projectDe...rojectID=281600

I believe the entry it is about Signature since the floor count is correct, but other specs [304 condominiums, 198 loft-style condominiums and 220 apartment units above ground-floor retail] are definately from the OLD version 55-story Signature tower that had the 10-story above-ground garage wrapped in apartments. I'm sure of this. I can't see the map marker, but if it's on Demonbreun, that's obviously incorrect too.

It does sound like they have dropped the hotel version, and the I'm wondering if the 220 apartment units are correct. If that were correct, I would assume these apartments would occupy the space that would otherwise have been occupied by the hotel. If true, this project would again be all residential. Currrently, the tallest all-residential project in the world is the Q2 (I believe) project in Surfers Paradise, Australia at 1052 Ft. I remember a post a while back from someone who had actually looked at the architectural drawing stating that the actual height of the project from the hotel entrance was 1052 Ft 2 In. Wow!

This is the third or fourth entry sig has had on bidclerk. All of the earlier entries

were correct in regards to how many units and hotel rooms were planned at the time. This is the first time I have not seen a hotel portion mentioned since it was bumped up to 65 stories.

So, does anyone know what's going on? Is there a hotel? What are the latest reservation counts?

They were quoted yesterday as saying they were still at 115 reservations. Seems weak considering that's about the same number published 6-7 weeks ago, especially given all the national pub last month. My architect and banker friends tell me that big condo projects are starting to get shelved left and right around the country, including Atlanta due to weakening sales, more stringent lender requirements, etc. I've also heard that 500k plus condo sales around Nashville have softened despite the steadiness of the market in general. Anyone else heard anything similar ?

I can't speak specifically for this tower as I don't have access to the owner's business plan, but that is true in general in the USA about highend condo construction projects. Anyone investing in one now is rolling the dice, given that rising interest rates are knocking a lot of people out of the market.

So, does anyone know what's going on? Is there a hotel? What are the latest reservation counts?

According to the NBJ this week, Tony is talking to a number of companies. I would expect an announcement in the not too distant future, Dont know for sure. I dont think he would blow any smoke if it were not going to happen.

According to the NBJ this week, Tony is talking to a number of companies. I would expect an announcement in the not too distant future, Dont know for sure. I dont think he would blow any smoke if it were not going to happen.

hotel announcement in next few weeks....all is well...

This is very exciting news indeed. As far as I'm concerned, this raises the odds of this project being built to virtually 100% I'm very excited!!! I wonder which hotel it will be? Any guesses?

Where'd my post go? I swear I posted here in response to this...

Well anyway, this is great news. Looking forward to knowing the hotel. How's the newest video coming along gaushell?

And just wondering, where did you come up with that name? I know this is random, but I've been wondering for the longest time.

And I'm guessing something pretty upscale. It could be anywhere from a Park Hyatt to an InterContinental (you never know) to my favorite, a Four Seasons.

I think with this, the tower is a done deal and it's just a matter of time before the parking lot is closed and the pavement is ripped up.

This is awesome!!!

And I'm guessing something pretty upscale. It could be anywhere from a Park Hyatt to an InterContinental (you never know) to my favorite, a Four Seasons.

No doubt it will be upscale. IMHO, the Four Seasons is the nicest hotel in Atlanta.

Archived