Signature Tower

NewTowner

As I said a little while ago, I would LOVE a Mandarin Oriental to become the first city in the Southeast to have one. A nice combo of firsts (tallest tower, first Mandarin in the Southeast :thumbsup: ) We do have all of that Japanese business that needs accomodation...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What would be considered the most prestigious and highly desired hotel that could go into the Sig? I'm talking about the top of the heap, most outrageous, "no-way in Nashville" type of hotel that would freak out everybody in the world/

I'm lucky enough to be in the know. I am thrilled with the selection as it is exactly what I've had in mind since January. I know that the entire team is excited.

You'll find out tomorrow......

What would be considered the most prestigious and highly desired hotel that could go into the Sig? I'm talking about the top of the heap, most outrageous, "no-way in Nashville" type of hotel that would freak out everybody in the world/

I would say The Peninsula Nashville would probably be the biggest long-shot of any hotel brand. How many Peninsulas are there? 7? Hong Kong, New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, Bangkok, Beijing, Manila, and soon Tokyo. I doubt Nashville is on the top of their "where to next?" list... :thumbsup:

-Sean

Just for kicks, I'm gonna say the Four Seasons. :D

Was that just a lucky guess, or did you know something?

I'll say educated guess. :rolleyes:

This is a link to an article in the Austin Business Journal from August 2005.

http://austin.bizjournals.com/austin/stori.../22/story5.html

It outlines Kimpton Hotels expansion plans, wanting to add 5-7 new hotels annually with a target on southern cities. When the hotel going into Signature was described as an upscale-boutque hotel, it seemed like a natural fit.

Great news for Nashville!!! :thumbsup:

I was checking the ST website and it looks like another 59th floor unit was reserved. I counted 148 total reserved but I know that is not the real number. Charles, is the actual number 116 now or have more been reserved?

I also count 148. I believe three more on the lower floors and one on the 59th floor have been changed to reserved. Good call, SSG!

I also count 148. I believe three more on the lower floors and one on the 59th floor have been changed to reserved. Good call, SSG!

Just went up on Friday - good catch. I was sitting back waiting to see if anyone would notice.

Now that the hotel has been selected and announced, more information will start flowing. I'm expecting some revisions this week and some more exiting things coming down the road.

I honestly don't know the mix on the reserved.

Thanks Charles. Please keep us in mind for a visit to one of our forum meets if you ever get the chance. Know you're busy though. :thumbsup:

Thanks Hank. I figured you'd be able to back me up on the count. Kind of surprized I beat you to it. :D

Just went up on Friday - good catch. I was sitting back waiting to see if anyone would notice.

Now that the hotel has been selected and announced, more information will start flowing. I'm expecting some revisions this week and some more exiting things coming down the road.

I honestly don't know the mix on the reserved.

Its very hard to get anything past this forum. Too many people checking facts and figures all the time. :D

Archived