Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's Josh Smith? I'm not familiar with any real names.

Josh does not post one the board I dont think, but he is the one that is redoing the Savage House on 8th Ave. He has been to several of the forum meets and will host the May meet at the Savage House if nothing has changed.

I will try my best to be at the meet and greet for the Signature on April 29th. It has been years since I was last in Nashville and I look forward to exploring it again. I also thought the invitations were very nice...upscale without being stuffy. You can definitely see the market they are targeting. Perhaps I will stay over night. I think the views will be great above 30 stories.

It would appear that Signature's latest depiction was conceived according to the "bigger is better" routine (with all the implications of how that mentality has shaped American culture). The again, maybe his enthusiasm altered his judgement or he just desided to cap the parking garage with the building instead of having it attached. Either way, I think this latest design is too much like the first--ambitious and obtrusive. Someone previously mentioned that, for that height, several other buildings could be erected to fill the gaps in the CBD created by parking lots. I second that emotion.

I was pleased with the second rendering. The crown made all the difference! The reduced height was still taller than any other building Downtown, yet it seemed more appropriate. Rather than steal the glory of our skyline for itself, that version of Signature Tower complemented Downtown's existing structures. It presented another jewel for our crown--another flower to add to our diverse bouquet. Our skyline appeared more balanced in that vision.

Mr. Giarratana should strongly consider the merits of that design.

It would appear that Signature's latest depiction was conceived according to the "bigger is better" routine (with all the implications of how that mentality has shaped American culture). The again, maybe his enthusiasm altered his judgement or he just desided to cap the parking garage with the building instead of having it attached. Either way, I think this latest design is too much like the first--ambitious and obtrusive. Someone previously mentioned that, for that height, several other buildings could be erected to fill the gaps in the CBD created by parking lots. I second that emotion.

I was pleased with the second rendering. The crown made all the difference! The reduced height was still taller than any other building Downtown, yet it seemed more appropriate. Rather than steal the glory of our skyline for itself, that version of Signature Tower complemented Downtown's existing structures. It presented another jewel for our crown--another flower to add to our diverse bouquet. Our skyline appeared more balanced in that vision.

Mr. Giarratana should strongly consider the merits of that design.

What latest depiction? Has anything been published? If so, where?

I don't see a photo. No matter though, the final design isn't being unveiled until April 29th anyway. Hank, are you READY! Of course, the WES has me a bit distracted as of this morning.

Lady Celeste, wear a nice hat so I'll know to say hello. Hope you can make it.

I'm more than ready! I'm so ready the six days left seem like an eternity to me. I was distracted a bit today by the WES annoucement too. What great news. Maybe, one more distraction like that one, and the time will just fly by until the 29th! :whistling:

I'm more than ready! I'm so ready the six days left seem like an eternity to me. I was distracted a bit today by the WES annoucement too. What great news. Maybe, one more distraction like that one, and the time will just fly by until the 29th! :whistling:

What a fantastic problem to have! We had to be distracted from ST by two other towers. :cry: I must be dreaming. Five years ago I would have given away parts of my anatomy for development news like this! :shok:

What latest depiction? Has anything been published? If so, where?

He's just started releasing new renderings and a marketing package (4/18 was the print date). Most of the parking is below ground (3 levels above ground that appeared to be wrapped with a single loaded corridor of units). The 65 floors previously reported are indeed correct. Although I only briefly looked at the renderings, the design pretty much looks the same. Tony handed out about 150 packages over the past 2 days. Everyone should see something in the next week I'd assume.

He's just started releasing new renderings and a marketing package (4/18 was the print date). Most of the parking is below ground (3 levels above ground that appeared to be wrapped with a single loaded corridor of units). The 65 floors previously reported are indeed correct. Although I only briefly looked at the renderings, the design pretty much looks the same. Tony handed out about 150 packages over the past 2 days. Everyone should see something in the next week I'd assume.

We have been hearing 65 for some time. That's great and it looks as if this baby will approach close to 1000 feet. :yahoo:

OK Hankster, do your math, where are we height wise? 950? 980? I have to know. :wacko::lol:

We have been hearing 65 for some time. That's great and it looks as if this baby will approach close to 1000 feet. :yahoo:

OK Hankster, do your math, where are we height wise? 950? 980? I have to know. :wacko::lol:

Here's an uneducated WAG. Take off the crown/spire which I guess is 150'. That leaves the original 700'. Then take 700 divided by 55 floors which comes out to 12.72' per floor. Round it off to 12' per floor and multiply times 65 to get about 780'. Add back in the 150' and it comes out at 930'. This is all unscientific as the floors may not all be the same height and I don't know that some of them aren't underground. But yes, no doubt over 900'. A significant building. :)

yes. actually, looking at the renderings again, it appears to be 3.5-4 floors of above grade parking, as the deck is cut into the hill, with 8-9 levels below ground. Proposed height is 1,047 feet above 5th Ave.

WOW! Bigger than I though if that is accurate but I always lean toward conservative. :blink:

Archived