Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can understand that I suppose. I've never seen a hotel with a grocery store attatched. I'm not worried. A grocery store will come i'm sure in due time. You never know what might happen between now and the time the Signature is completed. There might be three full service grocers in the area by the time that thing gets done!

Publix was rumoured to build a store across from the lot where the baseball stadium is going off of Gateway Blvd. This is the green lot next to the power plant with the brick facade.

That's a rumor that I really hope is true. It seems like a really valuable piece of real estate for a grocery store alone. Did the rumor include condos or other retail along with the grocery?

Publix was rumoured to build a store across from the lot where the baseball stadium is going off of Gateway Blvd. This is the green lot next to the power plant with the brick facade.

I hope that rumor comes true as well...although I certainly hope there would be more to it than just a grocery store. While grocers are definitely an important piece of the successful downtown puzzle, we can't allow such a large and prime lot so close to the river to be filled by a big grocery store alone. Hopefully they'll at least put some residential units or other stores on top of it.

I just finished checking up on the Signature Tower website and discovered that 7 more units are listed as reserved than the last time I checked. Three more are listed as reserved on floors 13 thru 39, two more are listed as reserved on 40 thru 54, and two more are listed as reserved on 55 thru 70. The total reserved units, which no longer lists any units on hold (there were something like 25 unit on hold for a while that were shown as reserved), is up to 128. I'd like to see the number even higher, but adding seven is definitely good news.

I was surprised that SIG would drop some of its retail offerings although I agree with the decision. I don't think a grocery store really fits the project.

On the grocery store note I think the perfect solution for downtown is a Fresh Market store - boutique enough to serve the more well-to-do residents but wide enough variety to serve the masses (when they appear).

OK... so this is a long time in development (BTW: nothing that wasn't already explained at the onset of this project). It's not even 2007 yet, but some here are already putting this thing in its pine box. As far as rumors, they swirl all over the place all the time... and many times they contradict each other. There have been some pretty wild rumors on this thread. If you really want some fantastical rumors, go to the Atlanta forum. So just chill and at least let this year come to a close. I just don't think that Giarratana would be foolish enough to keep this ruse flying until some groundbreaking date comes and goes with no groundbreaking. He'd have major egg on his face then. At least now, he has made it clear that he's working like hell to get this out of the ground, and it's all a gamble anyway. So be patient. If there's no dirt turned by (say) next May, then you can pretty much write this one off as a dream that never happened. Personally, I won't think any less of Giarratana for having the guts to shoot for the moon.

you're just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

:rofl: LOL!

I truely want signature to happen but I just have this gut feeling that I won't happen. I really hope that I am wrong about this. The whole real-estate market bust is the one thing that could derail it , and the bust appears to be growing more profound each day....at least it's getting more media attention each day. It may have been shortsighted for tony to turn down the TIF money as well....

Best case scenario if the plan does fall through: He manages to still build a smaller version of the same building, maybe in the neighborhood of 45 stories...

:rofl: LOL!

I truely want signature to happen but I just have this gut feeling that I won't happen. I really hope that I am wrong about this. The whole real-estate market bust is the one thing that could derail it , and the bust appears to be growing more profound each day....at least it's getting more media attention each day. It may have been shortsighted for tony to turn down the TIF money as well....

Best case scenario if the plan does fall through: He manages to still build a smaller version of the same building, maybe in the neighborhood of 45 stories...

I'd rather it not be built at all than some puny pseudosignature tower be erected.

BTW, I think Tony is smarter than to just take a lift hill up a real estate upswing before it crosses the summit.

If the charge of cheerleading holds, then why not the charge of negative-cheerleading, otherwise known as naysaying ? Someone help me out here.

I will help you out.

First of all, I think I have generally cleaned this thread of nonsense like photos of trailers on stilts, buildings being drug around by redneck trucks, tales of Godzilla climbing the thing and endless one-liners from some who have nothing better to do than to act like they are still in grammer school on this forum. Generally they are gone now. So hopefully what is left is an honest discussion of the structure and some opinions on its design (both good and bad).

As I see it this thread now consists of four kinds of posts.

• Posts where the forumer is convinced it will be built no matter what. The developer and nashville just can't let it not happen as it will be a big embarassment to both.
  • Posts that describe what must happen before it will be built. Simply, enough sales to get financing.
  • Information posts, that describe the current state of the project. Designs, reservations, etc.
  • Opinions of the above 3.

I don't think any of the above are nay saying, bashing, etc. If you have a specific post that you wish to point out as mindless nay saying, then we will be glad to address it. Or if you think this is wrong, then give me something more concrete to work with.

OK... so this is a long time in development (BTW: nothing that wasn't already explained at the onset of this project). It's not even 2007 yet, but some here are already putting this thing in its pine box. As far as rumors, they swirl all over the place all the time... and many times they contradict each other. There have been some pretty wild rumors on this thread. If you really want some fantastical rumors, go to the Atlanta forum. So just chill and at least let this year come to a close. I just don't think that Giarratana would be foolish enough to keep this ruse flying until some groundbreaking date comes and goes with no groundbreaking. He'd have major egg on his face then. At least now, he has made it clear that he's working like hell to get this out of the ground, and it's all a gamble anyway. So be patient. If there's no dirt turned by (say) next May, then you can pretty much write this one off as a dream that never happened. Personally, I won't think any less of Giarratana for having the guts to shoot for the moon.

Pray tell ATLBrian....and to what "fantastical" rumors on the Atlanta forum had you read? Since UrbanPlanet is an information site...and I the moderator of the Atlanta forum...I would be grieved to see mere fantastical" rumors floating around on the Atlanta forum. I should be happy to review any "fantastical" rumor about Atlanta. Now if it is a development that has gone through a DRI, or before the review board, or has made a formal proposal.....then to that I have no control over what information a developer(s) put out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

LOL. Glad you are a fan.

No one knows. Everyone here is speculating one way or the other. All of my opinions are tied to what I know from what I work on in regards to marketing efforts, and conversations with Tony and Ted (as appropriate to share).

I'm in the process of updating several renderings and we have posted revised floor plans (and added several). Amenity level plans have been greatly refined. Not sure when those will go online as they were put together for a presentation.

The amenity building (lower building on back) has been changed in a major way. Should go public soon.

Idea - how about if people post facts (first hand) instead of speculating? Nevermind, that will never work.....

Thanks for the update, Charles. Do you have any news relative to marketing strategies (i.e. sales office opening up, etc.).

LOL. Glad you are a fan.

No one knows. Everyone here is speculating one way or the other. All of my opinions are tied to what I know from what I work on in regards to marketing efforts, and conversations with Tony and Ted (as appropriate to share).

I'm in the process of updating several renderings and we have posted revised floor plans (and added several). Amenity level plans have been greatly refined. Not sure when those will go online as they were put together for a presentation.

The amenity building (lower building on back) has been changed in a major way. Should go public soon.

Idea - how about if people post facts (first hand) instead of speculating? Nevermind, that will never work.....

I tend to go with those that are in more of a position to know what is going on rather than listen to the naysayers and speculators that either dont want to see the project happen for selfish reasons or just because they dont like the design or the city it is in. I have faith that this project is going to happen. I listen to the rumors of some thing s that may happen in Nashville and many times they are right on. But take the example of the mystery tower in the Gulch. We heard rumors and nothing ever was proven. I take those rumors with a grain of salt just as I take the rumors of the Signature that come from people that in my opinion have no idea what is going on.

Charles and a few others on this board are well connected and know the real story. Until I see something in black and white in the media, I for one laugh at the silly rumors people put on this board.

Archived