Signature Tower

NewTowner

One other thought. They could start digging the hole for the 8+ floor underground garage well before CD's are complete and I think that's a part of the plan. I also know that Tony is working on a major the sales center. I'd expect an announcement soon regarding this if it's not already public information.

Absolutely, the timeline I provided earlier didn't preclude this. I think it's more a question of being certain the deal is viable from a cost, buyer, lender, partner standpoint; no sane individual would start digging a hole until these issues are settled. As I mentioned, if Tony can successfully work through all the remaining issues (cost and revenue) simultaneously he'll obviously give himself a better opportunity to start sooner. Problem is, if he starts going to contract with buyers soon and later has to work through major programatic changes or value engineering (beyond minor tweaks) it will further frustrate his sales effort. This could also keep him in DD (design development) world a lot longer which gets back to that confidence point I started with.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One other thought. They could start digging the hole for the 8+ floor underground garage well before CD's are complete and I think that's a part of the plan. I also know that Tony is working on a major the sales center. I'd expect an announcement soon regarding this if it's not already public information.

This is what I've been hoping for. If Tony can get his financing lined up by January, then he can begin excavating his 100 ft deep hole. That excavation would takes months, and he could get building permits, etc during the excavation phase. If it proceeds this way, there is essentially no delay in the project timeline at all. The key is whether he can get financing lined up by January or not.

One other thought. They could start digging the hole for the 8+ floor underground garage well before CD's are complete and I think that's a part of the plan.

With 3 months of excavation planned, that's exactly what's going to happen. It seems like every job that comes along now is a design/build project. The Encore is only 2 lifts out of the ground and the contract drawings have had 10 issues of the drawings with 4 major revisions.

Since I am able to get on here before the others that were t the meet I will share a little news on the Sig and the Encore. From what we understand, talking to a sales rep, about 190 units are reserved for the Signature and over half the units are reserved at the Encore. Tony has met all the deadlines that have been put before him. You have to remember this is a very complicated process. I have no doubt this project will go forward and be built. Due to the high numbers of units being sold at the ICON, Encore and others in the DT area, there will probably be more announcements over the next couple of years for more projects. Just my opinion. Remember this is just pre-sales and these projects are one and half to three years from completion. There will be even more buyers in this market by that time.

Since I am able to get on here before the others that were the meet I will share a little news on the Sig and the Encore. From what we understand, talking to a sales rep, about 190 units are reserved for the Signature and over half the units are reserved at the Encore. Tony has met all the deadlines that have been put before him. You have to remember this is a very complicated process. I have no doubt this project will go forward and be built. Due to the high numbers of units being sold at the ICON, Encore and others in the DT area, there will probably be more announcements over the next couple of years for more projects. Just my opinion. Remember this is just pre-sales and these projects are one and half to three years from completion. There will be even more buyers in this market by that time.

The sales rep at the Encore also confirmed that one of our own forum members has reserved a unit in the project, William Williams. Way to go, William! I know you must be excited about the prospects of living there.

Since I am able to get on here before the others that were t the meet I will share a little news on the Sig and the Encore. From what we understand, talking to a sales rep, about 190 units are reserved for the Signature and over half the units are reserved at the Encore. Tony has met all the deadlines that have been put before him. You have to remember this is a very complicated process. I have no doubt this project will go forward and be built. Due to the high numbers of units being sold at the ICON, Encore and others in the DT area, there will probably be more announcements over the next couple of years for more projects. Just my opinion. Remember this is just pre-sales and these projects are one and half to three years from completion. There will be even more buyers in this market by that time.

If there's 190 Siggy units reserved, wouldnt' that put it close to 50% reserved?

With 3 months of excavation planned, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Is that really the time frame they are shooting for for excavation? 100ft in just 3 months would be an amazing accomplishment in itself let alone the rest of the project. What type of soil conditions do you guys have over there? Our 100ft deep hole is taking forever, but that is partly because of all the blasting that had to be done to get through rock. Not comparing projects of course but they are similar situations.

Best of luck to Nashville, you have a fan in Charlotte :thumbsup:

I'm amazed at how much buzz this project is still causing when there's really no news on it. What's more, I'm surprised that this thread is still the most popular especially when there are so many other projects that have actual NEWS associated with them.

Don't go beyond this point if you don't want to read my complaints!

Guess I'm a bit dismayed that so much attention is being paid to one project that's still just a proposal. Being so far away from Nashville, I have only a few sources for information on the latest projects... but I've been really let down by the lack of substantive information on real projects lately. For instance... this morning's article that the Sounds BP doesn't have financing. Also, did anybody here say that Giarratana had started on his Belle Meade TC? No, I read about it in the Tennesseean (gasp!). Also, I had to get the news there that Meridian is nixed.

I know all of you guys have lives (I also work 50 hours per week too), but there are a lot of eyes on the ground up there (are there not?). I appreciate that most of you aren't prone to bloviating about some new WalMart or Target or some new bank branch somewhere. I also appreciate that most do not engage in pure rumor milling. But I know there's a lot to talk about in Music City. Even well substantiated rumors have a place in the coffee house. Just please present them as such.

I know it's trouble to post pictures all the time, but where are the updates on projects under construction? I love Lexy's work, but you other shutterbugs don't have to be Lexy to make me happy. I know it's not easy to take pictures of places as you whizz by them on your way to wherever... you don't see a lot of my pics here. I floated a few subjects not long ago about various topics, and they were genuine attempts to stimulate debate among the group (whose insight I enjoy reading). I don't take it personally that they didn't get much interest, but I did think they were much more interesting than speculating on a 100' hole that may get built sometime in the future. Maybe I'm asking too much of UP. Perhaps I should just be satisfied getting my news wherever/whenever I happen to stumble on it.

It's still fun to peak in on the Nashville forum. So thanks.

Someone correct me if needed but I believe most of the site had been cleared of most of the rock foundation during a previous building/development. The hole was then backfilled and paved for the parking lot. If this is true then excavation may proceed more rapidly until the rock is encountered further down.

Someone correct me if needed but I believe most of the site had been cleared of most of the rock foundation during a previous building/development. The hole was then backfilled and paved for the parking lot. If this is true then excavation may proceed more rapidly until the rock is encountered further down.

That is correct Nb. The first 25-30 feet are back-fill let over from the old Cain-Sloan dept. store. The rest is limestone of course. Still a lot of rock to move but could be worse.

Is there a date set on when they are suppose to break wind on the excavation phase for this project?

I have heard January and also March, so my best guess is sometime between January and March.

I forgot that the old Cain-Sloan building went underground a level. That's good for about 20-30 feet which would give the illusion of "wow! They're moving fast on that job".

This project is not contingent on the number of units reserved but on the dollar amount of the units reserved. That is at least what I understand from others on this forum. Also with the hotel component leased, that makes more than half of the project reserved as far as floor space.

The project needs hard sales contracts not reservations in order to satisfy a lender. You are correct though that the dollar amount of sales is more important than the number of units sold. As to the hotel, it hasn't been leased to anyone. A brand has agreed to manage it for a fee based upon a % of the gross revenue provided the developer can get it built. So far, the developer has indicated he has yet to identify his source of equity to build the hotel component. There is much more detailed discussion on these two topics in previous posts on this thread.

Design Development drawings are in the office right now. There will be "empty" floors by design in the tower at three locations near the base, middle and top. These floors will have 36"-54" thick concrete walls going from the center of the building to each corner in diagonal patterns. I've never seen this type of construction, but we've never had a building like this before.

To give everyone a little perspective on scale of height, let's use the penthouse on the Viridian as reference for fun.

Level 30 Penthouse (Viridian) - 327'-1"

Level 29 lowrise condo (Siggy) - 328'-0"

Level 70 Penthouse (Siggy) - 829'-10"

Top of Spire (Siggy) - 1057'-0"

She's a big one! (over 3 Viridians tall!)

Design Development drawings are in the office right now. There will be "empty" floors by design in the tower at three locations near the base, middle and top. These floors will have 36"-54" thick concrete walls going from the center of the building to each corner in diagonal patterns. I've never seen this type of construction, but we've never had a building like this before.

To give everyone a little perspective on scale of height, let's use the penthouse on the Viridian as reference for fun.

Level 30 Penthouse (Viridian) - 327'-1"

Level 29 lowrise condo (Siggy) - 328'-0"

Level 70 Penthouse (Siggy) - 829'-10"

Top of Spire (Siggy) - 1057'-0"

She's a big one! (over 3 Viridians tall!)

Thanks for the info. That really puts it in perspective. Where is the level 30 penthouse for the Viridian? Is it at the pool level or the floor just below the pool level?

Thanks for the info. That really puts it in perspective. Where is the level 30 penthouse for the Viridian? Is it at the pool level or the floor just below the pool level?

The floor below the pool. The pool level is also the clubhouse level.

Archived