Signature Tower

NewTowner

where can that rendering be found?

We posted a new dusk shot on the project website, but have not added the full building shot yet, which shows the entire building and the new design for the lower building - very different now - in fact it it brick.

Plan to post 3d floor plates next week if all goes well. Ted also asked me to put together a rendering of the new pool deck and amenities level floor, so we'll start on that early next week as well

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We posted a new dusk shot on the project website, but have not added the full building shot yet, which shows the entire building and the new design for the lower building - very different now - in fact it it brick.

Plan to post 3d floor plates next week if all goes well. Ted also asked me to put together a rendering of the new pool deck and amenities level floor, so we'll start on that early next week as well

BRICK??? Oh my, I can't imagine that looks good. What color is the brick and why such a drastic change? How is that going to contrast with the silver metal on the rest of thte building or is that going to change too? Man I hope that it doesn't ruin the look too much. :blink:

BRICK??? Oh my, I can't imagine that looks good. What color is the brick and why such a drastic change? How is that going to contrast with the silver metal on the rest of thte building or is that going to change too? Man I hope that it doesn't ruin the look too much. :blink:

It looks pretty good - better than the previous low building. Looks more like an older building butted up against it. A dark maroon/red colored brick.

06-101-Signature-Ground-View3-v10_0101d-small.jpg

06-101-Signature-Ground-View3-v10_0101d-close.jpg

It looks pretty good - better than the previous low building. Looks more like an older building butted up against it. A dark maroon/red colored brick.

06-101-Signature-Ground-View3-v10_0101d-small.jpg

That looks awesome! Sorry, but I completely misread your original post. I thought that you said that the bottom half of Siggie was brick. I guess that I should read more carefully. I did notice though that the bottom portion of Siggie DOES look a little different or am I wrong? Also can you explain what they changed on the crown? Looks a little different. Thank's so much for the new rendering man I only wisht that I could get that in a nice picture size to hang on my wall! :blush:

That looks awesome! Sorry, but I completely misread your original post. I thought that you said that the bottom half of Siggie was brick. I guess that I should read more carefully. I did notice though that the bottom portion of Siggie DOES look a little different or am I wrong? Thank's so much for the new rendering man I only wisht that I could get that in a nice picture size to hang on my wall! :blush:

It is different up to the 13th floor (where you see those wings), though not significantly. Just some refinements.

The brick section has actually changed slightly too, but it is so minor that we haven't updated that yet.

I really want to get rid of the cabanas sticking up in the image, but they want them in for now - they really won't be visible from the street anyway - oh well.

It is different up to the 13th floor (where you see those wings), though not significantly. Just some refinements.

The brick section has actually changed slightly too, but it is so minor that we haven't updated that yet.

I really want to get rid of the cabanas sticking up in the image, but they want them in for now - they really won't be visible from the street anyway - oh well.

What about the crown? For some reason I cannot place the old rendering and the current rendering side by side to compare the changes. Could you do that? Thanks again.

Ok, so I looked at pictures of the model of Siggie and I must say that I definately liked the old version of the crown better. The new one looks shorter and the beacon at the top appears to be cut in half. I'm not trying to be too picky, it's just my own opinion. Any reason for the change?

Is the "lower building" the parking garage? Anywhoosle, it looks great clad in brick, very classy. It really play's off the Ryman now. The bottom of the Siggy still looks like Magneto's Nashville HQ, though. It's really great that on top of all the corporate relocations that Greater Nashville is privy to, the X-Men's greatest foe decided to relocate here as well. The perforations in the crown are new, correct? I like them, muy mucho.

Yeah, the changes in the y'all are noticing are the holes in it. I kind of like it, but I agree, it does look stubbier. It also kind of looks cheaper. Maybe it is, I don't know. but I do really like the bottom 13 floors. It looks more art decoish.

Yeah I like the top of the last design better. The top does look stubby. I hope the spire looks better.

Is the "lower building" the parking garage? Anywhoosle, it looks great clad in brick, very classy. It really play's off the Ryman now. The bottom of the Siggy still looks like Magneto's Nashville HQ, though. It's really great that on top of all the corporate relocations that Greater Nashville is privy to, the X-Men's greatest foe decided to relocate here as well. The perforations in the crown are new, correct? I like them, muy mucho.

Actually the parking is all below grade. It contains meeting rooms, ballrooms, restaurant, and on the alley side loading docks, etc.

Holes were added in fins of crown to cut down on wind resistance as well as cost. From any realistic views you will be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Actually the parking is all below grade. It contains meeting rooms, ballrooms, restaurant, and on the alley side loading docks, etc.

Holes were added in fins of crown to cut down on wind resistance as well as cost. From any realistic views you will be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Did they shoten the crown or does it just appear that way? I think that it appears shorter because one of the succession of spikes was taken out. I counted four in the last design, the new design only has three. Maybe they can make use of the holes in the fins by adding white argon lights to accentuate the shape of the holes which would look nice at night..... In a Honk Kongish kind of way. :rolleyes:

Did they shoten the crown or does it just appear that way? I think that it appears shorter because one of the succession of spikes was taken out. I counted four in the last design, the new design only has three. Maybe they can make use of the holes in the fins by adding white argon lights to accentuate the shape of the holes which would look nice at night..... In a Honk Kongish kind of way. :rolleyes:

Not shorter. I think it is a few things that make it look different - as you say the stepping is a bit different, but this camera is highly zoomed so it flattens out everything.

It looks better to me from this angle which is a view from the symphony balcony.

06-101-view3-v01_0001c-small.JPG

Not only does it play better off the Ryman, it'll play better with the Church of Christ next door, the Presbyterian church, St. Cloud Corner, the west side of the new SunTrust, possibly what will happen at the NCC, and other older structures around as well. It seems to provide more depth and interest at street level. With 5th Avenue's new loft and art gallery projects, I think the project's taken a turn for the better in term of street-friendliness. I try to envision standing on the plaza at Fifth Third and looking around and get the sense that connectivity with it surroundings played a big part in the changes. It looks friendlier, more inviting and less like a giant anomaly to what should be, in every respect, a huge player in the synergy of Church St.

Good job, Charles. It only gets better and better. I agree with you on the cabanas, they tend to break a certain flow.

this is picky too and I know you are working with older pictures, but I wish that last rendering actually had the completed viridian in it because I hate the look of that "completed viridian rendering" that is stuck in there.

I really like the brick part, I think it's a nice addition. The pool deck still sits on top of there correct? and will that part be significantly shorter now? In past renderings it seemed like the pool deck was up much higher

Wow, I took a little trip down memory lane and went to the start of this thread when 65 stories seemed like a crazy rumor, and then we saw the rendering we've all come to know and love (for the most part at least), and then I came back and looked at the new rendering, and I think we probably have a better overall product although the crown may look a little different. If you look back at the original renderings the street level was very blah, IMO, and it seems like this one at street level is better thought out. I personally don't love the new crown, however I'm sure it's a cost-saving measure, and if I had to choose between the slightly-changed crown getting built, and the other perfect crown not being built, I would choose the new one (I know, that this minor change wouldn't make a difference overall in the chances of getting built). I really like the changes from floors 1-13, and I think it makes it more art-deco (which I love by the way), and the other floors I see very little changes. Have you all noticed how different this building looks with different colors of light hitting it? On the Siggie sight, the picture looking up from the Symphony makes it look almost purple, and in others it looks blue-ish/silver. I'm sure there's reasoning behind these ground level/crown changes (Gaushel?), and I hope to watch this project continue, although as we all need to acknowladge it does have a good chance of failing (please don't let that comment make me one of the 'nay-sayers').

I agree. I'm all for the changes if it will make the project cheaper, and thus more likely to be built. I've found the other thing, though, that's been bugging me about the crown. The very bottom section just looks to tall, and fat, which I think is what makes the whole thing look stubby. But still, the changes for the better on the bottom overrule the changes for the worse on top. This should make people who want a more different ground level than the rest of the tower happy.

I really like the changes at ground level and the first thirteen floors as well. I love the contrasting brick low rise section, and I do believe it will blend in with other low rise structures in the area. As far as the spire is concerned, I don't think the changes are that significant. It makes sense that the spire might need holes in it to reduce the effect of high winds on building sway. Overall, kudos to Tony G. and his design team. I can't wait to see this built.

Not shorter. I think it is a few things that make it look different - as you say the stepping is a bit different, but this camera is highly zoomed so it flattens out everything.

It looks better to me from this angle which is a view from the symphony balcony.

06-101-view3-v01_0001c-small.JPG

Thanks, I think that I can live with that! :D God that looks stunning. I am stationed in Virginia Beach and currently there is a Westin condo tower under construction and I believe that it's going to be 35-38 stories. I drive by it everyday and they are at the 30th floor now. At the beginning of the summer there were no floors rising and now it's 30 stories! It just goes to show how quickly these projects can progress once started. I always look at it and admire all of you back home who will get to see Siggie rise. It's going to be cool to see happen. :blush:

Archived