Signature Tower

NewTowner

Here are two. Both are pulled back to more typical view angles - versus that full height shot that has a super zoomed lens and is impossible to ever see that way. Unless we update the animations we probably won't create any new close-ups of the crown.

I liked it more solid too, but understand the decision.

The day to day view angles are going to almost always be pretty far away and will probably make it tough to tell a difference - at least that is my opinion - except for those in helicopters, or with magic flying powers.... :-)

signature-view4-Night-v01_0001c-small.jpg

Shot13-Symphony-v04_0001-small.JPG

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here it is. I know this is pulled back pretty far but unless we update the animations we probably won't create any new close-ups.

I liked it more solid too, but understand the decision.

The day to day view angles are going to almost always be pretty far away and will probably make it tough to tell a difference - at least that is my opinion - except for those in helicopters, or with magic flying powers.... :-)

signature-view4-Night-v01_0001c-small.jpg

Shot13-Symphony-v04_0001-small.JPG

Not bad. The new crown is already starting to grow on me. I like the way that the holes in the fins portray the light. Is there still a lit beacon on the top?

So is this the official and final design of the tower? I wish Tony could keep the last crown design to me it looked better but I understand the winds at that height could be very strong.

And it looks like the color of the crown has changed to. I hope Tony keeps it the metallic color like the previous design, It was very cool.

One question,,,, Will this project break ground on time.

If it doesn't break ground in Jan, then when???

We have been through this many times here.

Nobody here knows the answer to this or even if the project will be built. It depends completely on if and when the developer puts together a financial plan, in order to score a construction loan from the banks. This plans seems to assume a certain dollar amount of the property has been reserved, partnering with another party, and possibly getting some kind of tax break or assistance from the city/county. The banks will not loan money to build a property like this until they are satisfied it is financially viable and have no doubt already given the developer their terms. Nobody here is privy to those terms or the developer's ability to meet them, and if they were, they would be under strict orders not to discuss it.

We will have to what and see what happens with this project, but if I were betting on it, I would say there won't be a ground breaking in January.

So is this the official and final design of the tower? I wish Tony could keep the last crown design to me it looked better but I understand the winds at that height could be very strong.

And it looks like the color of the crown has changed to. I hope Tony keeps it the metallic color like the previous design, It was very cool.

Color has not changed. It just looks different in different lighting and sky conditions.

I don't mind the changes too much. In fact, the new base and the building in the back look great. Much better than before. I don't mind the new spire so much. The new one isn't as graceful as the previous one but it adds a bit more aggression to the building and makes it look less similar to the top of the Frost Building in Austin.

What colors will the materials look like at a distance? How about up close? Will it be sort of blue like the building appears in some of the renderings or more brownish beige? One of my concerns with this building is that it may be too similar in color to a number of other downtown Nashville buildings. I think Nashville's towers need more colorful towers and less beige/gray/concrete.

What colors will the materials look like at a distance? How about up close? Will it be sort of blue like the building appears in some of the renderings or more brownish beige? One of my concerns with this building is that it may be too similar in color to a number of other downtown Nashville buildings. I think Nashville's towers need more colorful towers and less beige/gray/concrete.

slight bluish tint to reflective glass...silver metal....thus a lot of reflecting.........base has dark red brick and stone trim on amenity blgb........main base has dark gray and light gray granite.....glass at lower twelve levels is slightly more transparent........

let me know if that is too vague

slight bluish tint to reflective glass...silver metal....thus a lot of reflecting.........base has dark red brick and stone trim on amenity blgb........main base has dark gray and light gray granite.....glass at lower twelve levels is slightly more transparent........

let me know if that is too vague

Are these the final changes to the tower?

Gotta eat my words. Those day pictures made it look sorta cheap but I think they aren't very good renderings. Those night renderings look better than before, in fact based on those, the view from the interstate will be breathtaking. That's what I get for jumping to conclusions. Plus the sway thing makes perfect sense.

I honestly believe this building is the best design in the nation right now.

Hey guys!! i had to join this post... i'm super excited about siggy!!!! I usually keep up with it by googling "signature tower" nashville... and i'm upset there arent any new news available, or updates. I usually saw LOTS of updates in the City Paper, but its been a while. Anywho, its a pleasure reading all your replies and information!!! Oh, and .....the pineapple comment. HAHA. I cracked up!!!!!!! <_<

Hey guys!! i had to join this post... i'm super excited about siggy!!!!

Indeed, welcome.

I was reading the Planning Commission's agenda that smeagolsfree posted on the Westin thread and it looks like there is a zoning approval that is coming up for the Sig Tower for tomorrow night's meeting.

It says that there are 197 hotel rooms planned, 435 condos, and 17,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. I was just wondering if this means the numbers will become more fixed as a result of the Commission's approval (hopefully) on Tuesday night. Btw, planning staff's recommendations are approve with conditions.

Here's the link:

ftp://ftp.nashville.gov/web/mpc/meetings/2006/111406.pdf

From what I understand, there will be a pendulum/counterbalance in the spire to reduce much of the sway in the building. Maybe this is a partial reason for the spire redesign. I would expect many more cosmetic changes to the tower before it's built.

We will have to what and see what happens with this project, but if I were betting on it, I would say there won't be a ground breaking in January.

Agreed. Bids are due at the end of this month. I would assume since this is the first true bid on the project that it will be over budget. A second round of plans will come out, probably December/January, and then revised bids will be due. You might see a photo-op ribbon cutting for the project in January, but I wouldn't expect excavation until closer to March.

Agreed. Bids are due at the end of this month. I would assume since this is the first true bid on the project that it will be over budget. A second round of plans will come out, probably December/January, and then revised bids will be due. You might see a photo-op ribbon cutting for the project in January, but I wouldn't expect excavation until closer to March.

Thanks for the update, Duke. It's great to get a little insider info. I'm betting on the photo-op ribbon cutting scenario in January.

I'm gonna second this belief as well. It would make perfect sense to do this in jan.

Maybe it's just me but I long for the days when ribbon cuttings/groundbreakings were meaningful events signifiying the genuine start of projects rather than ubiquitous pr stunts used to drum up buyer interest and buy time to sort through development challenges. Anyone remember when what spring month the Terrazo groundbreaking took place ?

Maybe it's just me but I long for the days when ribbon cuttings/groundbreakings were meaningful events signifiying the genuine start of projects rather than ubiquitous pr stunts used to drum up buyer interest and buy time to sort through development challenges. Anyone remember when what spring month the Terrazo groundbreaking took place ?

I wouldn't count on ground breaking in January just yet. But you should count on the sales center opening then.

Only 17,000 square feet of retail space? I might have my numbers off, so correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldnt' that be about enough space for one walgreen's, and nothing else?

We should be posting the amenity levels within the next several days - at least that is the plan if we don't get side tracked dealing with other items. Walgreens? Gross....LOL

Archived