Signature Tower

NewTowner

There's already a Walgreen's in the downtown area. ;) Not far from the site. And A tower like Signature probably won't have that kind of retail, More upscale most likely.

Thus the Huddle House suggestion...... :yahoo:

Okay - sorry. that is not good info.......I do believe that the amenity level plans that go live soon will clear several things up. The two corners that front on Church ar the retail spaces along with the main lobby to the condos.

Lobby to hotel is on 5th. At that same level are meeting rooms, business center and ballroom.

Restaurant main entry is also on 5th, but in the brick part of the building - which places the door down a level from the main lobbies. Under the main tower on this level are various services spaces.

Main amenity level has pool deck, fitness, theater, bar, club room spa, etc.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thus the Huddle House suggestion...... :yahoo:

Okay - sorry. that is not good info.......I do believe that the amenity level plans that go live soon will clear several things up. The two corners that front on Church ar the retail spaces along with the main lobby to the condos.

Lobby to hotel is on 5th. At that same level are meeting rooms, business center and ballroom.

Restaurant main entry is also on 5th, but in the brick part of the building - which places the door down a level from the main lobbies. Under the main tower on this level are various services spaces.

Main amenity level has pool deck, fitness, theater, bar, club room spa, etc.

By having a restaurant entrance one level down from the main entrance, does this mean Siggy's just added a 71st floor? :rolleyes:

I think that the new approach to Signature's dependency is both fascinating and commendable. I would love to get a good, solid, hard look at some elevations...but so far, I am thoroughly impressed by what appears to be a genuinely well-informed classical design, scheduled on a remarkably in-tune human scale, and both proportioned and detailed in dignity and class. Way to go, Giarratana!

It is interesting to me, to watch the "tower" portion of the Signature reinforce its commitment to Art Deco (the skyscraper's second-best era, in my opinion), even while striving for horizontality on the lowest portions...stick Ando under a Fedora. Meanwhile, the mid-rise ancillary structure has gone break-neck classical, using timeless language and durable materials to create a structure that has never been seen before...I could write a fairly healthy essay about the significance and potential meaning of all this. While I am suspicious of one or two things, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by what I can only describe as competence and good taste.

Giarratana certianly pulls out better work when he is not shackled to Novare

That must be the Empire World Towers. There are two towers proposed, each a mind-boggling 110 stories tall. Total building height for each tower is 1200 ft. I personally don't think there's much chance that it will get built. The FAA has not given clearance for the project (too high for flight safety) and the residential market in Miami has cooled dramatically.

I would agree. The Miami market has gotten overbuilt with condos. The market is sucking wind.

I think that the new approach to Signature's dependency is both fascinating and commendable. I would love to get a good, solid, hard look at some elevations...but so far, I am thoroughly impressed by what appears to be a genuinely well-informed classical design, scheduled on a remarkably in-tune human scale, and both proportioned and detailed in dignity and class. Way to go, Giarratana!

It is interesting to me, to watch the "tower" portion of the Signature reinforce its commitment to Art Deco (the skyscraper's second-best era, in my opinion), even while striving for horizontality on the lowest portions...stick Ando under a Fedora. Meanwhile, the mid-rise ancillary structure has gone break-neck classical, using timeless language and durable materials to create a structure that has never been seen before...I could write a fairly healthy essay about the significance and potential meaning of all this. While I am suspicious of one or two things, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by what I can only describe as competence and good taste.

Giarratana certianly pulls out better work when he is not shackled to Novare

Does it really make any sense to build a 70 story tower with a 2 story entrance? Don't mistake me, I love the brick and all, but.....2 floors ...and a 70 floor tower!? One of the tallest in the U.S.....conjoined to a 2 story entrance. We claim there is a need for tall buildings in the core, but we can spare a half block for a 2 level pool/restaurant!?

Hi Nashvillwill - maybe I confused things with my written description. Will release plans soon. Had to get some other drawings in their hands first though.

The brick portion is the same height as the previous one.

The only entry into the brick building is for the restaurant. Hotel enters in main doors on tower on Fifth and condo main entry is on Church.

The parking enters in the alley on the south and is all under the entire footprint.

Hope that helps clarify.

Have you ever heard of The Cumberland? What Giarratana did to make that a successful project, without any help from Novare and with seemingly everyone saying that it couldn't be done, was simply amazing. Tony Giarratana IS a real mover and shaker, and IS and WILL BE successful with of without Novare's help.

Have you ever heard of The Cumberland? What Giarratana did to make that a successful project, without any help from Novare and with seemingly everyone saying that it couldn't be done, was simply amazing. Tony Giarratana IS a real mover and shaker, and IS and WILL BE successful with of without Novare's help.

Your definition of success must be different than mine. And, I didn't suggest that he had any help with the Cumberland.

The "help" he got on Cumberland was actually a detriment. He had hired Julian LeCraw and Co. to advise on amenties for the apartments, which turned out to be nothing special, and pretty much failed in the lease up mode. TG fired the group quickly but it had setback the leasing effort. His equity money for that development came out of Chicago. The same source may be involved with Signature Tower.

TG got smart and teamed with someone. As he tells it, he had sought advise from Novare on Viridian not a partnership. But the eventual partnership is probably what helped that project along more quickly.

Supposedly, Signature has 300 reservations on its units, according to a Downtown Partnership report.

The "help" he got on Cumberland was actually a detriment. He had hired Julian LeCraw and Co. to advise on amenties for the apartments, which turned out to be nothing special, and pretty much failed in the lease up mode. TG fired the group quickly but it had setback the leasing effort. His equity money for that development came out of Chicago. The same source may be involved with Signature Tower.

TG got smart and teamed with someone. As he tells it, he had sought advise from Novare on Viridian not a partnership. But the eventual partnership is probably what helped that project along more quickly.

Supposedly, Signature has 300 reservations on its units, according to a Downtown Partnership report.

According to the architect on that project, Tony budgeted poorly and was forced to essentially gut the project to the tune of $4-5 million at the last minute to salvage getting it started. Maybe that's what happened to all those amenities. Let's hope he budgets a little more conservatively this time. Looking forward to hearing how many of those reservations (what ever the number is) stick when it's time to put down real money.

300?!!!!!!! If that's correct, I'd say this project is getting close to a home run!!

Here is an article I found from November 12th.

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=774

Very cool article. I like this line in the description of the tower. "The building will have a strong art deco look right down to the distinctive patterning and motifs over the entrances at ground level that suggest something King Kong would be happy to climb with Fay Wray."

Another article from November about both Signature Tower and Westin.

http://wkrn.com/nashville/news/planning-co...light/59712.htm

Thanks for the post plasticman. I have been so busy, i have not seen much news lately. I think the council will grant this but it may be close. I still have a mix of feelings swinging back and forward.

Archived