Signature Tower

NewTowner

yes. actually, looking at the renderings again, it appears to be 3.5-4 floors of above grade parking, as the deck is cut into the hill, with 8-9 levels below ground. Proposed height is 1,047 feet above 5th Ave.

Wow. So that will make it what? Something like the 9th tallest building in america? (Give or take a few), as well as the tallest building in the south and even the tallest outside of new york or chicago. that's nothing short of outstanding for little ole' nashville

...of course I'm sure that in a couple years both charlotte and atlanta will have something that rivals it, but it sure is nice to be on top :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bigger point is that by these numbers the Signature will be the tallest residential building and America (by far). The current title holder is Trump World Tower at 262 m 861 ft.

Kick butt Tony.

Wow. So that will make it what? Something like the 9th tallest building in america? (Give or take a few), as well as the tallest building in the south and even the tallest outside of new york or chicago. that's nothing short of outstanding for little ole' nashville

...of course I'm sure that in a couple years both charlotte and atlanta will have something that rivals it, but it sure is nice to be on top :)

Well don't forget Miami. They are planning two twin towers about 1,200 feet tall but that is way off isn't it? And yes, Charlotte or Atlanta will not allow Nashville to stay on top long. I would venture Charlotte (to my knowledge) hasn't defined their new Wachovia tower's height probably in anticipation of what the Sig will be and then they'll use Wachovia to top it or some other building.

In fact, I should call Tony G. and tell him to build it in Atlanta and add a couple hundred feet because we already have the graduated buildings that would lead up to it. You Nashville people should just donate it. How bout it? :whistling:

In fact, I should call Tony G. and tell him to build it in Atlanta and add a couple hundred feet because we already have the graduated buildings that would lead up to it. You Nashville people should just donate it. How bout it?

You need to get your own Tony. We are going to keep ours and just maybe we will build a few more here to give Atlanta a little competition. :P

It would seem that maybe the cat is out of the bag as far as the number of floors and the height of the Signature. I did a little checking and have found that those figures are real close to correct. 65 stories and 1047'. It is going to be a monster building.

Thanks for the confirmation. It will be almost excruciating waiting while they dig that hole. Look at Suntrust. It's taking forever. Dumb limestone.:blink: Am I actually complaining about anything to do with Signature?

Incredible. Hopefully CLT will surprise us, hopefully with Wachovia. Major props however. Nashville is a great city to recieve this type of tower. However, I wouldn't bet on many more 1000ft. Resi. Towers in Nashville in the near future, however. But what do I know, I didn't think this would trump BofA.

I wonder, from how far away might the Sig will be visible in the Nashville area? Of course, unlike some parts of the country, Tennessee actually has topography. But who knows, perhaps most homes in Davidson County will be able to boast of a "view" of the skyline.

If 65 floors and 1047 Ft are correct, and I have to believe that they must be, this will most definitely be both the tallest residential building in America (assuming there is no hotel) and will be the tallest building in America outside Chicago and New York. It would be exactly one foot taller than the Chrysler Building in New York, and (if it were already be built) it would be the 18th tallest building in the world!!!!! It would only be 11 feet shorter than the current world's tallest residential building, the 1058 Ft Q1, Gold Coast Tower!!!

Holey Moley!!! This is frigging fantastic!!!!! :yahoo:

I wonder, from how far away might the Sig will be visible in the Nashville area? Of course, unlike some parts of the country, Tennessee actually has topography. But who knows, perhaps most homes in Davidson County will be able to boast of a "view" of the skyline.

Man, that's what I was wondering. There are so many parts of the city where you can ALMOST see the skyline (like the tip of bell south or whatever). But now with this monster going up, I seriously doubt that there are going to be many places - save in the far north of the county - where you can't see at least the spire. How weird is that gonna be?

If 65 floors and 1047 Ft are correct, and I have to believe that they must be, this will most definitely be both the tallest residential building in America (assuming there is no hotel) and will be the tallest building in America outside Chicago and New York. It would be exactly one foot taller than the Chrysler Building in New York, and (if it were already be built) it would be the 18th tallest building in the world!!!!! It would only be 11 feet shorter than the current world's tallest residential building, the 1058 Ft Q1, Gold Coast Tower!!!

Holey Moley!!! This is frigging fantastic!!!!! :yahoo:

Can you believe this Hankster? I NEVER imagined Nashville would see this kind of height.

It would seem that maybe the cat is out of the bag as far as the number of floors and the height of the Signature. I did a little checking and have found that those figures are real close to correct. 65 stories and 1047'. It is going to be a monster building.

Where do you guys check for this stuff? Is there some secret website that has forbidden information except for the chosen few? :lol:

I have a hard time believing hat this tower is over 900ft, do anyone have actual hard facts, not rumors?

Apparently the hard facts come from Tony's own marketing packet as a developer on this board has stated. Unless the plans change, it looks like it will be 1047'. Why so hard to believe?

Apparently the hard facts come from Tony's own marketing packet as a developer on this board has stated. Unless the plans change, it looks like it will be 1047'. Why so hard to believe?

jealousy i suppose. this news is crazy!!!! i was hoping it would be at least 800 ft. but 1047ft?!!! wow.

Archived