Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I checked skyscrapers.com today, they finally updated Sig to 70 stories, yet still have the Mayfair as proposed when it was cancelled long ago. The funniest thing is they still have the Marina City Center still proposed, that ugly thing was pushed off the table WAYYYY back in 2005.

Ooooh, look at the new floorplans. I counted 136 reserved, btw. And the amenity level looks nice.

I counted the same number. That's 4 more than I counted the last time. Tony hasn't even opened his sales office, and he's still getting more reservations for a building that won't be occupied for three more years. I expect that after the sales office opens and groundbreaking takes place (and I fully expect that to happen), there will be quite a few more reservations coming in.

I counted the same number. That's 4 more than I counted the last time. Tony hasn't even opened his sales office, and he's still getting more reservations for a building that won't be occupied for three more years. I expect that after the sales office opens and groundbreaking takes place (and I fully expect that to happen), there will be quite a few more reservations coming in.

What would give you this expectation? With a project that has gotten the publicity that this one has gotten one would assume that if the interest was there, then his reservations would be completely filled up given they are non-binding. My guess is the real test will be what happens by March 31, 2007. All of the reservations are voided by then if he has not given them a real binding contract.

Based on this level of interest, and what I have seen happen with other large project, I think he has a tough road ahead of him with this project.

I don't think that most people in Nashville know about the Siggie, WE DO, but I think it's had little coverage in local media IMO. I counted and he has around 23 million worth of homes yet to sell....pretty daunting, but I'm glad reservations are still coming in.

C'mon, you really think that? I would think the rarefied niche that Sig is trying to attract would very well know about this project....the facade is on a few billboards around town, there has been local and definitely national coverage...as pointed out elsewhere in this thread. I agree with metro m.

I would think that many people might not have made reservations because they don't want to put money into a project that so many people are doubting. Maybe if groundbreaking happens, and they see that it will be built, they would be more inclined to make a reservation.

True groundbreaking probably isn't going to happen without financial commitments from people. I think that much has been established in this thread. It takes a huge amount of money to dig a foundation and I can't see that he would do this, or in fact the city would let him, if there isn't a firm commitment from a bank to finance the project. I might be wrong, but I gather this reservation phase is a test to see what kind of interest there is in the project without get bogged down in the costs of legal details. Given the wording, if he hasn't gotten enough reservations by the end of March, then I would say this project in its present form is probably not going to make it.

We will have to wait and see.

I don't think that most people in Nashville know about the Siggie, WE DO, but I think it's had little coverage in local media IMO.

Surely you jest. I can't think of a single privately financed project in the history of Nashville that has gotten more press without having moved a shovel of dirt...kudos Beth Seigenthaler!! The local media has been extremely kind to this developer's extended efforts to get this one airborne. So much so that he may experience difficulty getting them to focus on it when he really needs them to (converting to contracts) unless he can report that equity and/or contruction funding has been secured.

I would think that many people might not have made reservations because they don't want to put money into a project that so many people are doubting. Maybe if groundbreaking happens, and they see that it will be built, they would be more inclined to make a reservation.

That's why I fully expect groundbreaking to happen. The first 30 feet of excavation is just dirt and can be removed at small financial risk. I'm thinking they will break ground and begin moving dirt as a means to kickstart sales. That will create quite a bit of excitement and I do expect a favorable bump in reservations. Hopefully that will be enough to get the financing that must be obtained. If the reservations don't come forward, then the project is much less likely.

The above is pure speculation on my part, but it makes sense to me.

If his marketing strategy is to dig a 30 ft deep hole in order to sell units, then he ought to give up now. This isn't a plan for success.

Indeed. This details of this project aren't even worth speculation at this point. It won't garner any interest from me until if/when the foundation is poured.

...It won't garner any interest from me until if/when the foundation is poured.

Well good. There are at least 1/2 dozen posts from you in the trash that were deleted from this thread because you chose to criticize those who did wish to discuss on what is going on with this project. I can assume we will have some peace and quiet from you now. :ph34r:

Well good. There are at least 1/2 dozen posts from you in the trash that were deleted from this thread because you chose to criticize those who did wish to discuss on what is going on with this project. I can assume we will have some peace and quiet from you now. :ph34r:

You must be really bored to bring up things from the past like that. You're the one that was critical and rude to someone who is working on the project. What is your point?

Face it guys, it's either monsoon's way or the highway. If your opinion is different from his, he'll delete it.

As for me, I'm with Barakat. This project continues to be hotly discussed here, but is going nowhere in the real world. We are sitting at about the same number of reservations, and the groundbreaking "date" remains 6+ months away, and keeps getting pushed further that way...

... kinda like the sounds stadium?

Face it guys, it's either monsoon's way or the highway. If your opinion is different from his, he'll delete it.

Well that's obviously not true since you can read a lot of opinions here that differ with mine. Of course those who have been suspended from this site because for making inflammatory and hateful posts, such as yourself, never do anything wrong. :rolleyes: Instead of again trying to stir up trouble here again by attacking me, try making a post that someone here is actually interested in reading. You might find we are quite agreeable when this happens.

Not sure what the fuss was...it sounded like you guys were in agreement. That said, I don't understand why some waste time pleading for others to refrain from making thoughtful posts as if we all must wait for the absolute final outcome on a project before deliberating any further. That's kind of the point of the forum isn't it ? If you don't want to read a post then don't. If you disagree with a post and care to opine do so with as much tact and diplomacy as you can manage. But can't we all just get along ?? :)

Archived