Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO, that older design looks a lot better and it integrates with the street better. It is better proportioned, and has a classic SS look to it. In contrast the current plan has a lot of trendy design points that I will guess that nobody will appreciate 15 to 20 years from now. Also, it's proportions are terrible. It basically looks like a post coming out of the ground with a Christmas ornament bolted on the top.

I disagree, the older one looks OK but not as a signature tower. It's just too bland. The new design is much better and distinctive although I'd have to say I never thought about it looking like a Christmas ornament, funny lol.

Does Nashville have any other towers planned besides Signature?

:shok: thats a big question. Several , I'll list the biggies: The Crown, Encore, Westin SoBro, West End Summit, ICON, The Adelicia, and many many others, those are the ones just garnering the most attention at the current time

One beside the Shelby Ped Bridge (hotel and Office)... and the second (residential) next to the Gateway Bridge, along the first base line/right field.

Plus, there are many additional well-grounded rumors of at least a couple of towers for the W and another HQ hotel for the Convention Center.

And Doormanpoet has alluded to a new tower annex on top of the old convention center for the Renaissance.

Uh oh! I'm engaging in rumor mongering... so I won't go any further. I'd point you to the Nashville Projects link at the top of this forum.

One beside the Shelby Ped Bridge (hotel and Office)... and the second (residential) next to the Gateway Bridge, along the first base line/right field.

Plus, there are many additional well-grounded rumors of at least a couple of towers for the W and another HQ hotel for the Convention Center.

I hope a W Hotel comes to the ville. They always have sleak buildings and are very popular with the young crowd, i.e. me . I am very confident the new convention center will happen, we need it, look at Louisville's. I hope they give it a catchy name, instead of Nashville Conv. Center.

Lots of midrise on the drawing boards... Here's just a sample of the Rolling Mill Hill development in SoBro, adjacent to the Sounds complex.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...4/1197/COUNTY01

And a computer generated rendering of the RMH project in this link...

http://my.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...556/MICRO021301

and the project link...

http://www.rollingmillhill.com/

And SBE&R will put up a 12 story office building at the corner of Gateway and Second. So that's about 3 buildings planned over 20 stories and about 5 midrise from 8-15 stories of residential/office/or hotel just south of Broadway in the Gateway area (about 8 square blocks). There's the Hampton with is 6 stories at the corner of GW and 4th.

Lots of midrise on the drawing boards... Here's just a sample of the Rolling Mill Hill development in SoBro, adjacent to the Sounds complex.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...4/1197/COUNTY01

And a computer generated rendering of the RMH project in this link...

http://my.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...556/MICRO021301

and the project link...

http://www.rollingmillhill.com/

And SBE&R will put up a 12 story office building at the corner of Gateway and Second. So that's about 3 buildings planned over 20 stories and about 5 midrise from 8-15 stories of residential/office/or hotel just south of Broadway in the Gateway area (about 8 square blocks). There's the Hampton with is 6 stories at the corner of GW and 4th.

wouldnt that office building be behind Encore?

I believe you're referring to the BBS "Crown" tower at 28 stories.

The lot right behind Encore has been rumored (just today) to have been acquired by developers for another residential tower. Check out the Encore thread.

Regarding this office building, I think Michael Hayes can elucidate on it... it hasn't received a lot of coverage. I don't even know if it is phase I or II... so hopefully Michael can give us some info. It's in the phase I drawings for RMH that came out earlier this year.

oh yeah, Encore is between 3rd and 4th, cool, hopefully its sheethed in shiny metal and glass, it'd be pretty cool, kinda of like The Plaza in downtown Orlando, very pretty and extremely refelctive, if you look at it when the sun shines just right, itll blind you.

I believe the last report I saw on the Crown was 31 stories and 420+ feet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've only seen 28 stories and 417 Ft. in newspaper articles. I've also seen it refered to as only 380 Ft. I saw a reference to a 30 story office project on Bidclerk that may well have been the Crown. Can anyone post an actual report stating 31 stories and over 420 Ft? Maybe this project is growing, ala Signature Tower. I, for one, am hoping it will grow to about 700 ft. Well, I can dream anyway. :D

Well, in addition to all that there are dozens upon dozens of smaller infill projects with between 20-100 units, but Nashville isn't that small....the Metro area is well over a million, closer to 1.4 if I remember correctly

Well, if you ever get tired of those projects, you can always pass a few my way. :lol:

When will this sales center open up anyway ? I thought Gaushell said it would open in January but Richard Lawson hasn't reported a building permit for it yet and it will take 6-8 weeks to finish out if it's well done. Palmer's permit was reported a couple weeks ago so he could possibly open up in late January I guess.

I think a building permit pulled with a value in excess of $300-400K will be a sign that, whatever the "naysayers" may think, Girantanna is still bullish about his chances. On the other hand, if he continues to delay a strong commitment to his sales center that probably won't be a good sign for the project. At a minimum, it will significantly delay his start even if he can overcome his cost issues.

I sure thought we'd have heard from Gaushell or someone by now about the status of this project's sales center. If they haven't started construction yet it's very unlikely that they could get everything done and open earlier than March. Given the depth of market concerns about Nashville I'm surprised Girantanna is willing to conceed Alex Palmer so much of a head start to begin selling product.

I sure thought we'd have heard from Gaushell or someone by now about the status of this project's sales center. If they haven't started construction yet it's very unlikely that they could get everything done and open earlier than March. Given the depth of market concerns about Nashville I'm surprised Girantanna is willing to conceed Alex Palmer so much of a head start to begin selling product.

I'm hiding.....LOL. It has been more fun just sitting back and reading.

I don't have any info. on the opening date.

Archived