Signature Tower

NewTowner

Why do I remember a post from somebody (Gaushell??) a few months back saying that the sales center for Signature will be at the Viridian?

It's going to be on the 11th Floor of the Suntrust Bank Bldg and was under construction back in January when Richard Lawson wrote this article. He stated it was scheduled to open on March 1st in the article. I wonder if Richard has any more updated information on this?

Signature Tower

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just visited the ST website, and I have a question. Was the crown changed again? First it started with 4 levels of spikes, then it was 3, and now the logo has two levels of spikes and then the spire. I hope that's not how it is, because I it just doesn't look nearly as good.

Palmer Jr... err I mean Jeeper, I was downtown today and I saw the poured concrete for the post and fence around the property. Let's hope that the Sig gets going. Also was glad to see the new and improved sign posted for the WES. Looks like that project is moving forward.

I just visited the ST website, and I have a question. Was the crown changed again? First it started with 4 levels of spikes, then it was 3, and now the logo has two levels of spikes and then the spire. I hope that's not how it is, because I it just doesn't look nearly as good.

Yes, it changed several months ago.

06-101-Signature-Ground-View3-v10_0101d-small.jpg

It's going to be on the 11th Floor of the Suntrust Bank Bldg and was under construction back in January when Richard Lawson wrote this article. He stated it was scheduled to open on March 1st in the article. I wonder if Richard has any more updated information on this?

Signature Tower

I know that the interactive components and renderings are ready to show. There was a lot to do to prepare the space, so the opening has slightly pushed. Can't tell you when, but I suspect any day now.

I know that the interactive components and renderings are ready to show. There was a lot to do to prepare the space, so the opening has slightly pushed. Can't tell you when, but I suspect any day now.

Thanks Charles for the update. We really do enjoy your posts on the site. I am really looking forward to seeing the sales center. Having seen your work so far, I know the interactive components and rendering will be aewsome. I hope they help Tony G. sell these unit slike "hot cakes"!

Gosh, that really is a beautiful proposal. I hope it will be built. However, Gaushell, can you tell me why the restaurant section was designed to look so radically different from the tower. Will the amenities deck be built atop the restaurant.

^ Really? Is the parking lot closed too? Could prove to be an interesting "tell" if so.

The only downside to this proposal getting built is that I will have to find a new parking lot when I go downtown, I use that one virtually everytime I go downtown. LOL I will be more than happy to see the lot go if the "Sig" goes up though.

I'm keeping my figures crossed that we see some movement towards this project being secured and started upon.

Interesting article from The Tennessean today about the people who are planning on living in Signature Tower...no real surprise:

'New' Nashville lures residents from Williamson

Also I believe it states in there that Monday is when official sales begin which would mean that is when the sales center will open. Who will be making a trip and taking pictures??

Yep fence is certainly ready to go up. I drove around the lot a few times yesterday while waiting for the wife and all the post had been errected. The lot was still open and will prob. close on Monday. I suspect that is when pretty renderings will go up around the lot as well.

I was expecting parking to get tricky with another lot closing but noticed two lots virtually empty this morning. As for parking downtown for current business men and women and day visitors I don't see a problem.

The city also created some more parking meter spots along 4th Ave along the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Looks like Siggy is about to take a huge step towards construction.

As for the type of residents, Im not surprised nor do I mind. With the groundbreaking of Siggy (keep your fingers crossed) hopfully we'll see an even larger housing boom and with it will come affordable housing. It's exciting to see an Urban Enviroment Develop right before our eyes.

There are a lot of legitimate speculation in both directions on this coming to fruition. A lot of those who aren't sure are basing their opinions on how many units are reserved, % needed to proceed, etc. But I just wonder if Tony G. hasn't found some other way to move forward through some other type of creative financing. The man seems to be one who does his homework. Those intereviewed in the Tennessean article above seem excited about moving to such a monumental condo tower. I personally believe with only 390 condos to sell, the uniqueness of the building, the ammenities afforded to the tenants, plus the hotel, this thing will certainly get built.

one thing that sounded like good news to me from that article is that he shouldn't have trouble converting a lot of those reservations to actual contracts or sales...however you want to put it...it sounds like he feels that most of his reservations have come from people actually interested in living in the units, not just investors/people wanting to flip a unit

one thing that sounded like good news to me from that article is that he shouldn't have trouble converting a lot of those reservations to actual contracts or sales...however you want to put it...it sounds like he feels that most of his reservations have come from people actually interested in living in the units, not just investors/people wanting to flip a unit

Let's hope so. I can't help but believe there's plenty more people in the Metro area just like the two featured in the article. I'm hoping to see quite a lot of momemtum once the sales office opens a scant three days from now. The next few weeks could very well seal this project if all goes well. It could be a very exciting time for all of us skyscraper fanatics.

Let's hope so. I can't help but believe there's plenty more people in the Metro area just like the two featured in the article. I'm hoping to see quite a lot of momemtum once the sales office opens a scant three days from now. The next few weeks could very well seal this project if all goes well. It could be a very exciting time for all of us skyscraper fanatics.

As I stated before, I'm seriously wondering if the man doesn't have some other financing up his sleeve or something that will allow this thing to go forward without the % of money most think he needs. Or maybe he has the necessary % funds but got them through some other means. After all, TG seems to be a man with contacts and influence.

We'll all know soon enough. But also like I stated long ago, if you Nashvillians can't handle the tower, there is a city Southeast of you that would love to have him bring his dream here. :thumbsup:

Actually before you get too worked up over that article realize that it is a stock piece that really gives no new information at all about this project. Given there are no building permits, no announcements, not even a sales office sitting in a rental trailer somewhere, I would say the speculation this thing is getting ready to break ground is not warranted.

Lets stick to the facts that we know about considering that time and time again we have had people make posts in this thread who "just knew" it was going to happen all which have turned out to be incorrect. Here we are 1 year later since this thread was started, and all we still have is just a fancy website, some newspaper articles, and a lot of speculation that TG is a superman when it comes to rousting up money for an unreasonably high skyscraper.

We will just have to wait and see.

Actually before you get too worked up over that article realize that it is a stock piece that really gives no new information at all about this project. Given there are no building permits, no announcements, not even a sales office sitting in a rental trailer somewhere, I would say the speculation this thing is getting ready to break ground is not warranted.

Lets stick to the facts that we know about considering that time and time again we have had people make posts in this thread who "just knew" it was going to happen all which have turned out to be incorrect. Here we are 1 year later since this thread was started, and all we still have is just a fancy website, some newspaper articles, and a lot of speculation that TG is a superman when it comes to rousting up money for an unreasonably high skyscraper.

Sales office is opening next week. We had final display boards delivered yesterday.

metro, do you ever just come in to say hello. You don't make many friends here.

This project is probably not just any project to follow all the standard protocols of towers "elsewhere." This city is very unique. It's too bad we have to keep pounding that into some people's heads. Remember, we are one of the world's largest recording and music centers, immense healthcare wealth, publishing, etc. We are the home to an unbelieveable amount of private wealth. These folks are literally everywhere. It might be hard for some to believe, but take our word for it, or not. It doesn't matter to me.

The very wealthy don't often make a habit of broadcasting their every move. Those who cater to the very wealthy don't make a habit of it either. Maybe Keith and Nicole have bought a place. Maybe Oprah has bought one so she won't have to be in the way when she comes home from Thanksgiving. Maybe Donna Summer's in the mood for a place downtown. Michael McDonald might not want to drive all the back to Franklin after dinner or the symphony. Maybe Martha Ingram just wants to look down at the Schermerhorn after the concert. Maybe the hundreds of recording artists who come here to record (sorry to disappoint, but not all country with homes in the Nashville 'burbs) might want a place for their frequent visits instead of schlocking up in some hotel. Does it really matter? Maybe Tim and Faith might want to spend a little of their $100 million way plus income on a cozy little crash pad away from the kids. Maybe Alan Jackson doesn't want to turn on all the lights in that 30,000 sq ft. house and just wants to to take a nap.

Nashville doesn't work the way other places work. My guess is that a large platter of crow will be overnighted to NC once this thing breaks ground. I certainly hope so. If not, I'll shoot my own crow. I've heard it's good deep-fried.

And besides, I'm constantly confused why moderation insists on throwing water into the faces of the few folks in Nashville who actually get excited over this probable new building. What's that all about, anyway. I'd love to hear an explanation, or a analysis probed more deeply than the hole for Siggy.

Let the guys have fun. This isn't The Times. Maybe it's time to go outside and get some air.

I will admit that if this thing is built, I will be jealous. Although, I'm glad it's being planned b/c it's very beautiful, and I'm not worried about Atlanta never getting another tall one. Maybe Signature will inspire the next one in my home town. If we can't see this in Atlanta, I'm glad it's going up in a city that I have a lot of fondness for. Nashville has changed so much since I graduated fifteen years ago, but it hasn't become overly slick and stuffy. It's time the city get something this striking, as if an exclamation to the rest of the country that the city's "arrived."

Having said that, I have absolutely no idea what the chances are of this getting built. However, it's fun to follow the progress, even if it's not much more than scuttlebutt at this juncture. I think everybody who's been on this forum for any length of time is quite aware that Tony is a showman. That shouldn't take the fun out of adding/reading observations and updates on the site. They're no more silly than speculative comments on the other threads.

We won't have to wait much longer. We'll know very soon if this becomes reality.

He's almost built one Signature Tower already, in the form of two buildings (Viridian at 32 floors and Encore at 21). That's 53 floors of condos. Now he wants to build another 55 +/- floors of condos, just all in one building.

What's the big deal? :dontknow:

I too wonder why, metro you have so much doubt in this tower, to the point where its like you know more about Signature than we do. Again I ask this question to which I never recived an a answer for. Why has their been nothing but NON STOP bashing against this project. And no other projects in Nashville. Metro.m you've posted the same post so many times we all ready know what's on your mine about this development. :dontknow: . If the tower doesn't get built LIFE GOES ON!! But until then let the city that this proposal is for enjoy this decision.

Plus a tower that will have use 24/7, Residences and hotel does make since, the tower will always have people moving in and out of the building 24hours a day unlike a 9 to 5 office tower. (Food for thought)

I don't think Tony G. is Superman but I do believe he is a man with a vision for his city and he will go to extremes to accomplish his dream while still taking home some change. I also agree the article is pretty much standard fair but it does do one thing no other article to date has done, and that is put names and faces of serious buyers on the proposal.

Archived