Signature Tower

NewTowner

I have a hard time believing hat this tower is over 900ft, do anyone have actual hard facts, not rumors?

You might as well try to get used to the idea that the tallest building in America outside of New York and Chicago will be right here in little 'ol Nashville. The hard facts, etc will be out by this weekend....not too long a wait! Boy, I can't wait to see the renderings, the videos, the model, etc. What a trip!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess that we will all know for shure on Saturday. I just wonder if Tony is going to update the Sig website with all of the new info and renderings. I still have all the old renderings as screen savers on my computer :rolleyes: I noticed that it was said that not much has changed with the overall design, but does anyone else recall from an earlier post that the crown/spire had been changed a little and that the building had more of a tapering effect (forgot the word actually used for this) as the building rises. Man I cannot wait until Saturday!!! One could have hoped that Tony would have atleast released new info on the website. I guess all of the secretcy is all part of the changes. I wonder if we will have anymore "suprises" for Nashville in the coming future especially with all of the buzz in SOBRO.

I guess that we will all know for shure on Saturday. I just wonder if Tony is going to update the Sig website with all of the new info and renderings. I still have all the old renderings as screen savers on my computer :rolleyes: I noticed that it was said that not much has changed with the overall design, but does anyone else recall from an earlier post that the crown/spire had been changed a little and that the building had more of a tapering effect (forgot the word actually used for this) as the building rises. Man I cannot wait until Saturday!!! One could have hoped that Tony would have atleast released new info on the website. I guess all of the secretcy is all part of the changes. I wonder if we will have anymore "suprises" for Nashville in the coming future especially with all of the buzz in SOBRO.

You're right bruceman, Newtowner said some significant improvements had been made so I guess we'll see Saturday. I'm sure Tony is trying to maintain a little surprise although I haven't heard anything about a press release or press conference. Maybe it will be tied in to Saturday's event. You know it'll get some hefty coverage. As far as surprises for SoBro, I think our future is full of them!

Since the meeting is Saturday, maybe speculation can pause just those 3 little days... we'll have our own marketing packets.

In one of our meetings with the developer, he stated, "taller and thinner". Might be a good idea to just now wait until Sat. to see just how much.

If it's 65/1,047, then, we'll sure have a lot to talk about then.

You're right bruceman, Newtowner said some significant improvements had been made so I guess we'll see Saturday. I'm sure Tony is trying to maintain a little surprise although I haven't heard anything about a press release or press conference. Maybe it will be tied in to Saturday's event. You know it'll get some hefty coverage. As far as surprises for SoBro, I think our future is full of them!

I guess that means you are going to be there Saturday..... I envy you :thumbsup:

If 65 floors and 1047 Ft are correct, and I have to believe that they must be, this will most definitely be both the tallest residential building in America (assuming there is no hotel) and will be the tallest building in America outside Chicago and New York. It would be exactly one foot taller than the Chrysler Building in New York, and (if it were already be built) it would be the 18th tallest building in the world!!!!! It would only be 11 feet shorter than the current world's tallest residential building, the 1058 Ft Q1, Gold Coast Tower!!!

Holey Moley!!! This is frigging fantastic!!!!! :yahoo:

Would you like a cigarette ? :lol:

Since the meeting is Saturday, maybe speculation can pause just those 3 little days... we'll have our own marketing packets.

In one of our meetings with the developer, he stated, "taller and thinner". Might be a good idea to just now wait until Sat. to see just how much.

If it's 65/1,047, then, we'll sure have a lot to talk about then.

Boooo boooo. Way to go dave. Just dump cold water all over the party. :D

Seriouly though, you're right, we should wait until Saturday. We won't know for sure until it's out of the bag. But man is it fun!

Wow. So that will make it what? Something like the 9th tallest building in america? (Give or take a few), as well as the tallest building in the south and even the tallest outside of new york or chicago. that's nothing short of outstanding for little ole' nashville

...of course I'm sure that in a couple years both charlotte and atlanta will have something that rivals it, but it sure is nice to be on top :)

it's pretty cool and quite tall. I have not really had the chance to study the information.

Is that for his property in the gulch? Or will the hotel be atop the Sig?

Signature

You might as well try to get used to the idea that the tallest building in America outside of New York and Chicago will be right here in little 'ol Nashville. The hard facts, etc will be out by this weekend....not too long a wait! Boy, I can't wait to see the renderings, the videos, the model, etc. What a trip!!!

He handed out a couple hundred marketing packets last weekend.

We saw a few projects on the board in Chicago that will be taller. Also, Tony's proposing a hotel. Not sure if he's got a flag.

Oh yeah, and I must say, pretty cool.

Wow, this is fantastic news. When this baby goes up, we're going to be getting some national attention for sure! I'll be at the party Saturday, probably asking people if they post at UrpanPlanet and snapping photos. Maybe I can get Tony's autograph!

So the rumor that Signature will have a "W" Hotel component is true. Is that right? Then it won't be setting any records as the tallest residential tower in America, etc. Still, it's a monster. I would think if he's inked a deal with W, he may already have financing in hand. Any chance he can get this thing started earlier? Fall '06 maybe?

A' MAZING, and long overdue if this is true :)

I can't imagine being able to see part of the skyline from freakin' Hermitage lol. All I can ever see is airplanes floating around the sky. But I guess ya never know?

I'm curious... are there any other projects in other cities that are in the planning stages right now, which would top Sig? I'm talking about buildings proposed and about to start construction... outside of Chicago & NYC, of course.

I can only think of the one in the very early stages in Boston that the mayor said will definately pass 1000 feet, and the Empire Towers in Miami.

The building you mentioned in Boston piqued my interest, but there doesn't seem to be mention of it on Emporis. Do you know the name of this project or any other details ?

While it is all speculative rumor right now, no one is exaclty sure how tall the new Wachovia tower in Charlotte is going to be. They have started construction on the foundation for the whole complex and released some info on the building, then retracted it and nothing has been heard since. The whole complex includes a performing arts theater, an Afro-American center, a museum, a condo tower, and the quite elusive new Wachovia tower which will also house a Wake Forest MBA program.

Archived