Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

these make it look as if construction is beginning. pretty clever tactic if you ask me. it should make those that have considered buying think "hey, this is actually going to happen. maybe i'd better go ahead and buy!". whether it works or not is yet to be seen. although i must admit, it does arouse a little excitement in my bones.

Got some signs up at the site here the the two quick pics I took. Looks like there is still room for more along the sides where there are still bare posts. The lot is sill open as well.

siggysite1.jpg

Hey, the sign says the Sales Center is open from 10:00AM to 6:00PM on Saturday. I bet I know where we all go during the next forum meet. :whistling:

Any news on if the reservations are starting to turn into sales? I realize these aren't instant transactions as there are a lot of final contracts and legalities to jump through but it would be interesting for an update. I'd also like to know how many new potential buyers are stopping in. I would imagine the initial take-off is slow and will take off through advertising. Saturday would be interesting to see how many stop in.

I aree. Someone from up there should fill in the blanks. This thread is dead.

It is a really nice space, if I don't say so myself. Sorry that the pictures aren't that great though.

I failed to take a picture of the bathroom. Note that a few display items and wall titles are not posted in these shots which were taken prior to the grand opening last week.

sig%20001.jpg

sig%20006.jpg

sig%20007.jpg

sig%20008.jpg

sig%20011.jpg

sig%20012.jpg

sig%20013.jpg

sig%20014b.jpg

sig%20015.jpg

sig%20017.jpg

sig%20018.jpg

sig%20020.jpg

sig%20019.jpg

thanks for the pics. I've been meaning to stop in since I'm downtown almost every morning, but I just haven't had the time.

For those interested the Virdian had an open house on one of it's condos this weekend. I'm sure more are prob scheduled for those people selling. The wife and I talked about stopping in to check out the building but we were already running late. I'd love to get a tour of the building and it's ammenities

Here is William's article in today's CP:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=55372

I like William but I was pretty disappointed to see him write such a puff piece. He knows better than to "report" to the public that ST will break ground when Tony secures 120 more "reservations". Even if Tony said it it's no excuse; William knows the difference between a reservation and a contract and, as a journalist covering real estate, he should hold himself to a higher standard.

Our media needs to stop appearing so unsophisticated about the issues related to getting these large projects off the ground. It doesn't serve the public well to remain so confused and uneducated about these things. Ironically, the only news in Williams article seems to be that Tony currently has about the same number of reservations now that he had before the opening and the 500 visitors walked through.

Ironically, the only news in Williams article seems to be that Tony currently has about the same number of reservations now that he had before the opening and the 500 visitors walked through.

The plot thikens...Really, the economic timing of this thing couldn't be worse. If this was January 2005 I would say this thing is for sure - but slight cracks of instability in the economy continue to linger on people's minds in my opinion, and that makes it hard to sell assets this expensive. I think it's priced too high for nashville, but hopefully I'm wrong. Think about it: $400K for a 1 bedroom accross from a hobo farm on church street, or $400K for 4-bedroom mcmansion in williamson county...it takes a pretty specific demographic to choose option A, and there are only so many of those people in this town.

Plus, one has to think that the condo bust in Miami is having an effect on the entire market...

The plot thikens...Really, the economic timing of this thing couldn't be worse. If this was January 2005 I would say this thing is for sure - but slight cracks of instability in the economy continue to linger on people's minds in my opinion, and that makes it hard to sell assets this expensive. I think it's priced too high for nashville, but hopefully I'm wrong. Think about it: $400K for a 1 bedroom accross from a hobo farm on church street, or $400K for 4-bedroom mcmansion in williamson county...it takes a pretty specific demographic to choose option A, and there are only so many of those people in this town.

Plus, one has to think that the condo bust in Miami is having an effect on the entire market...

I would agree with the first part of your statement about a slowing economy, but I think the target market for this project is not as worried about the economy as say the target market for the other set of developments that are selling for far less money and attracting a crowd that is far more concerned about how far to stretch a dollar. If you had a chance to read the West End/Vandy insert in The Tennessean this week, the buyers for this building are doctors, lawyers, etc. who either want a change from their 6000 ft. mcmansions since the kids are gone or in some cases even want both. there are a few that have already bought that are keeping their houses in Williamson County. It will only take 400 people to make this work and most of those 400 are not looking at any other project downtown so I think Tony has a better shot at this than most give him credit for. As many have stated on these pages, they think Siggy is a vanity build, well guess what, so are many of the purchases.

Most real estate people will tell you that even if we build all of the projects on the board by 2010 we will still be under served in the downtown corridor for available units. We are at the infancy of this build out and most people are just starting to see what is going on. The economy may slow for a while but it will return and sooner rather than later. Nashville keeps enticing more business to come (and more higher end buyers) and the city is still on a major uptick. Just my opinion.

Here is William's article in today's CP:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=55372

I like William but I was pretty disappointed to see him write such a puff piece. He knows better than to "report" to the public that ST will break ground when Tony secures 120 more "reservations". Even if Tony said it it's no excuse; William knows the difference between a reservation and a contract and, as a journalist covering real estate, he should hold himself to a higher standard.

Our media needs to stop appearing so unsophisticated about the issues related to getting these large projects off the ground. It doesn't serve the public well to remain so confused and uneducated about these things. Ironically, the only news in Williams article seems to be that Tony currently has about the same number of reservations now that he had before the opening and the 500 visitors walked through.

I'm afraid you completely lost me on this one. Are you inferring from the article that Tony went 0-for-500 with the recent visitors, total whiff ?

I think the only way a downtown area can truly be inclusive and diverse to the entire population is to provide housing at all the price points from very low to very high.

Yes, for example: The park accross from the library, which provides housing at the $0 price point...

:shades:

We now have a new fence, new pretty pictures, and a sales center. :)

Start date? Anybody's guess. I'm gonna give it an 8, just because I know TG REALLY believes in this project. It just seems to me that not all those folks with their big yards and multi-million dollar houses are gonna want to stay there after the kids grow up and mow grass. There's thousands of these big-butt houses all over and we're only talking 400 condos? The math says he'll make it.

At least many of us are pulling for ol' Tony.

I'm afraid you completely lost me on this one. Are you inferring from the article that Tony went 0-for-500 with the recent visitors, total whiff ?

What would you conclude from the article ? Tony had been quoted prior to the opening saying he had about 145 reservations.

Yes, for example: The park accross from the library, which provides housing at the $0 price point...

:shades:

I had forgotten about the people living there for nothing. Yes, I guess downtown is home to every level of income from Beggars all the way up to Millionaires. And both ends of the spectrum living directly across the street from one another. Now that's diverse and inclusive!

What would you conclude from the article ? Tony had been quoted prior to the opening saying he had about 145 reservations.

I would conclude that the writer was using the figure in currency, and that we don't know yet how many, if any reservations came out of the recent event.

My impression from the article was that they were speaking more about the reservation amounts as they still existed and the opening of the sales center. I don't believe any speculation or comment was made about how many of those have turned into actual sales or anything like that. I think it was a major hole in the story, but it's not safe to draw conclusions one way or the other.

My impression from the article was that they were speaking more about the reservation amounts as they still existed and the opening of the sales center. I don't believe any speculation or comment was made about how many of those have turned into actual sales or anything like that. I think it was a major hole in the story, but it's not safe to draw conclusions one way or the other.

I'm good with that.

Sorry guys, but I think I drew a fair conclusion. If I hadn't we'd be hearing about it from William or the project team.

Archived