Signature Tower

NewTowner

Don't worry, before anything breaks ground you will have big news announcements out of Tony's team many months before construction actually starts announcing who the equity and lending sources will be. They can name the restaurant, arrange furniture and even celebrate condo buyers one at a time but until they name the equity and the lending sources I think the skepticism about this project is going to grow by the week.

Indeed. I am not skeptical this project will be built but I have consistently said these are some of the things that must happen before it will be built. We have had several predictions made in this thread, and given with absolute certainty, that ground breaking would happen in January, then March, and so forth. The only rationale given was that it will happen because Tony G. is doing it and he wouldn't announce something like this unless he was positive it will be built. The news here is that announced projects can and do get canceled. If you check out the Charlotte forum, you will see where a very prominent developer, as well known there as Tony G is in Nashville, who already has two towers in downtown to his name, announced a project. He got 80% pre-sales, and even negotiated support from the city, but he canceled this 28 story project because he couldn't get the costs in line with where they need to be. Renderings, a sales center, website had all been taken to the same point as the sig tower here but it wasn't meant to be. He is returning the deposits.

The point, and this isn't the first time I have said this, is there will be very definite signs this project is moving forward to a construction date. A sign around a lot and carnival rides are not it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed. I am not skeptical this project will be built but I have consistently said these are some of the things that must happen before it will be built. We have had several predictions made in this thread, and given with absolute certainty, that ground breaking would happen in January, then March, and so forth. The only rationale given was that it will happen because Tony G. is doing it and he wouldn't announce something like this unless he was positive it will be built. The news here is that announced projects can and do get canceled. If you check out the Charlotte forum, you will see where a very prominent developer, as well known there as Tony G is in Nashville, who already has two towers in downtown to his name, announced a project. He got 80% pre-sales, and even negotiated support from the city, but he canceled this 28 story project because he couldn't get the costs in line with where they need to be. Renderings, a sales center, website had all been taken to the same point as the sig tower here but it wasn't meant to be. He is returning the deposits.

The point, and this isn't the first time I have said this, is there will be very definite signs this project is moving forward to a construction date. A sign around a lot and carnival rides are not it.

Metro, I spent some time looking for the Charlotte deal that tanked and couldn't find it. Could you share a link on this thread ?

The website for the canceled project is here. Better hurry to look at it before it disappears. I believe they said all of the pricing, contact, and detailed info is already gone.

The UrbanPlanet thread on this project is here.

This developer has already built numerous condo projects in Charlotte including teh 17 story Courtside tower and the 28 story Trademart (under construction). A number of UrbanPlanet forumers that routinely participate live in his developments. Like the Signature it included a hotel project.

Can you say which properties? I think the parking lots at 3rd Ave and Church could be feasibly developed if done in unison. I'm no expert, for sure.

Can't say but it wouldn't be too hard to figure out. There isn't much that hasn't changed hands recently. As for the parking lot on Second, that was a major battle pre-Westin in which the Metro Historical Commission helped beat back a 20-story building there. The warehouse that was going to be torn down for he building ended up burning to the ground. That parking lot is owned by Monroe Carell and family. It would be costly and not matter what got built there, there would be a lot of screaming that it stick to the scale of Second Ave., which limits a developers ability to make money. You'd think it also would limit the price too but I don't think it has.

I've been lurking a few days so I've probably been through each thread for sig.... I have not seen anyone say they noticed a descrepancy in the floor plan info....... Their 40-54 01 information is reversed it appears. It says 2 bed 1 bath and it should be 1 bed 2 bath or even 1 bed 1.5 bath.

ps... what is the warning indicator for?

I've been lurking a few days so I've probably been through each thread for sig.... I have not seen anyone say they noticed a descrepancy in the floor plan info....... Their 40-54 01 information is reversed it appears. It says 2 bed 1 bath and it should be 1 bed 2 bath or even 1 bed 1.5 bath.

ps... what is the warning indicator for?

The warning thing on your avatar is something only you can see. I can see mine, but noone else can. A moderator described it to me...but I can't remember exactly what it's for. It's not a warning to you or anything...nothing to be alarmed about.

Did anyone else see the story on intown condo and loft living on News Channel 5 at six o'clock? They reported that the SigT would start construction later this summer and that the project was one third "sold."

It was an interesting look at a lot of the projects around town (the Icon is taking forever) with lots of free press for Tony G whose big V show condo looked like it was collecting some water on the balcony despite two drains. Perhaps he should have taken a quick peek-a-roo before showing it off to the news audience.

...chirp....chirp....is anyone there?

Seriously, are there any updates on sales conversions, ballon promotion, or other Signature Tower updates? I believe Hankster said the reservation to conversions will begin in Mid-May?

I have no new news to offer at this time. We are all anxiously awaiting some. The Signature Tower website has not been updated in quite some time. I'm guessing that Tony G. is waiting to update after he get some signed contracts. Tony did say back in April that the Sales contracts would begin around mid-May. That's just around the corner. And when asked when the project would break ground, he quickly and with certainty announced that there would be a groundbreaking on July 4th. This is a date I've got marked on my calendar. It's a huge hole that has to be excavated and the excavation phase will last up to six months.

I am currently watching an encore presentation of News Channel 5's Open Line on Channel 50 (5+ is what they call it)...the forum is "Urban Living".

I don't know when this was first broadcast (I'm sure it was in the past week or so), but it's very interesting. The moderator asked the lady representing Signature Tower (Kimberly Baker from TG's realty office) if this was definitely a go and she said "yes"...breaking ground this Summer.

Ming Wang has purchased the top floor...$5 Million.

40% of buyers are out of Williamson County.

30% pre-sold before even having a sales office.

Please don't kill the messenger!!

I thought that was a good report. There is a lot going on in Nashville. So they report the Siggy is 1/3 sold...another 1/3 and I think we'll see this thing go up.

I did get a laugh out of that tv report when they dubbed in the theme song from The Jeffersons. And then at the end of the piece I noticed they even used the same font type as the old show in their graphics for the package.

30% pre-sold before even having a sales office.

Please don't kill the messenger!!

The messenger of what ? You guys are starting to sound like a broken record playing the same old garbage over and over. It's really getting to the point that you're just insulting your own intelligence with these posts. After all the discussion on this thread are you still unable to distinguish a reservation from a contract ? Wow, 1/3 sold without a sales center!?!?! Of course, that's bunk but how many sales since the sales center opened ? Unless I missed a pr release disguised as a City Paper article I think the balloon rides still outnumber the hard sales contracts. Thanks for the update though.

Archived