Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a list of all the US buildings completed, under construction and proposed, that are over 1,000 Ft:

Completed:

1. Sears Tower (Chicago)........................................1,450 Ft - 108 Stories

2. Empire State Bldg (New York)..............................1,250 Ft - 102 Stories

3. Aon Center (Chicago)..........................................1,136 Ft - 80 Stories

4. John Hancock Center (Chicago)............................1,127 Ft - 100 Stories

5. Chrysler Bldg (New York).....................................1,046 Ft - 77 Stories

6. Bank Of America (Atlanta)....................................1,023 Ft - 55 Stories

7. US Bank Tower (Los Angeles)...............................1,018 Ft - 73 Stories

8. AT&T Corporate Center (Chicago).........................1,007 Ft - 61 Stories

9. JP Morgan Chase Tower (Houston)........................1,002 Ft - 75 Stories

Under Construction:

1. Trump International Hotel (Chicago)......................1,362 Ft - 92 Stories (2008)

2. Bank of America Tower (New York).......................1,200 Ft - 54 Stories (2008)

3. Waterview Tower (Chicago)..................................1,050 Ft - 89 Stories (2008)

4. New York Times Tower (New York)........................1,046 Ft - 52 Stories (2007)

Proposed:

1. Fordham Spire (Chicago).....................................2,000 Ft - 124 Stories (2010)

2. Freedom Tower (New York)..................................1,776 Ft - 82 Stories (2012)

3. Empire World Tower I (Miami)..............................1,200 Ft - 106 Stories (2010) Not yet approved

4. Empire World Tower II (Miami).............................1,200 Ft - 106 Stories (2010) Not yet approved

5. Signature Tower (Nashville)..................................1,047 Ft - 65 Stories (2009)

As you can see, the Signature Tower, if built today, would be the 5th tallest building in America. In all likelihood, it will be the 8th tallest in America when it opens in 2009 with three U/C building coming on stream before Sig does. The 2 towers in Miami are unlikely at this time due to airport restrictions.

Excellent summary Hankster. Thank you. :thumbsup: It's still hard to believe we're talking Nashville here. To be one foot taller than one of my all time favorites, The Chrysler Building, is just incredible. Again, great work on the list. It really puts things in perspective.

Thanks. It truly is amazing. Since the two Miami projects are very unlikely to be built at the height listed, it is very possible that Signature Tower will STILL be the tallest building in America outside New York and Chicago in 2012 when all the buildings listed are constructed. I discovered that the official height of the Waterview Tower in Chicago is exactly 1,047 Ft, not 1,050 Ft. That would put it exactly the same height as Signature Tower. Therefore, it is likely that the Signature Tower, upon completion, will be tied for the 7th tallest in America. Mind boggling!!!!

Thanks. It truly is amazing. Since the two Miami projects are very unlikely to be built at the height listed, it is very possible that Signature Tower will STILL be the tallest buildings in America outside New York and Chicago in 2012 when all the buildings listed are constructed. I discovered that the official height of the Waterview Tower in Chicago is exactly 1,047 Ft, not 1,050 Ft. That would put it exactly the same height as Signature Tower. Therefore, it is likely that the Signature Tower, upon completion, will be tied for the 7th tallest in America. Mind boggling!!!!

Consider my mind completely boggled. :wacko: Gratefully so!

For what it's worth, and after, a cursory and lazy review of the World Almanac;

If the Signature does indeed top out at 1,047 ft, it would make Nashville the City in the USA with the biggest difference between its tallest (1,047') and second tallest (Bell South at 617'). That's a 430' difference which is greater than an L&C Tower (409').

But that's discounting the Stratosphere tower in LasVegas as an actual building. Otherwise, LV would claim this curious, but totally irrelevant distinction.

For what it's worth, and after, a cursory and lazy review of the World Almanac;

If the Signature does indeed top out at 1,047 ft, it would make Nashville the City in the USA with the biggest difference between its tallest (1,047') and second tallest (Bell South at 617'). That's a 430' difference which is greater than an L&C Tower (409').

But that's discounting the Stratosphere tower in LasVegas as an actual building. Otherwise, LV would claim this curious, but totally irrelevant distinction.

Once Freedom Tower in NYC is completed, it will be 526 feet taller than the soon-to-be 2nd tallest and current tallest, Empire State.

You might also consider Toronto breaking the Las Vegas record, with the CN Tower surpassing the tallest office, First Canadian, building by a whopping 837 feet (though as you pointed out with the Stratosphere, along with the CN Tower, some don't consider those "bonafide" buildings/skyscrapers).

Well on that line of thinking, I have heard alot of debate whether the Freedom tower is an actual building or not. No one is debating that it IS in fact a real building, but some are saying that the TRUE height is much shorter because a good portion of the top is only framing(and maybe wind turbines?) as a tribute. To these people I say "wa,wa,wa :cry: "

As for the Freedom tower in NY, It started construction yesterday. There was an article on the news about it. So I guess you can take it off the proposed list and put it under construction.

Your wish is my command!

Here's a list of all the US buildings completed, under construction and proposed, that are over 1,000 Ft:

Completed:

1. Sears Tower (Chicago)........................................1,450 Ft - 108 Stories

2. Empire State Bldg (New York)..............................1,250 Ft - 102 Stories

3. Aon Center (Chicago)..........................................1,136 Ft - 80 Stories

4. John Hancock Center (Chicago)............................1,127 Ft - 100 Stories

5. Chrysler Bldg (New York).....................................1,046 Ft - 77 Stories

6. Bank Of America (Atlanta)....................................1,023 Ft - 55 Stories

7. US Bank Tower (Los Angeles)...............................1,018 Ft - 73 Stories

8. AT&T Corporate Center (Chicago).........................1,007 Ft - 61 Stories

9. JP Morgan Chase Tower (Houston)........................1,002 Ft - 75 Stories

Under Construction:

1. Freedom Tower (New York)..................................1,776 Ft - 82 Stories (2010)

2. Trump International Hotel (Chicago)......................1,362 Ft - 92 Stories (2008)

3. Bank of America Tower (New York).......................1,200 Ft - 54 Stories (2008)

4. Waterview Tower (Chicago)..................................1,047 Ft - 89 Stories (2008)

5. New York Times Tower (New York)........................1,046 Ft - 52 Stories (2007)

Proposed:

1. Fordham Spire (Chicago).....................................2,000 Ft - 124 Stories (2010)

2. Empire World Tower I (Miami)..............................1,200 Ft - 106 Stories (2010) Not yet approved

3. Empire World Tower II (Miami).............................1,200 Ft - 106 Stories (2010) Not yet approved

4. Signature Tower (Nashville)..................................1,047 Ft - 65 Stories (2009)

Since the Freedom Tower is already under construction, I'm estimating completion in 2010 instead od 2012 as I had earlier. 2012 is the estimated time the entire project will be completed which consists of several other buildings. It is still most probable that Signature Tower will be completed ahead of Freedom Tower. I changed Waterview Tower to the correct height of 1,047 Ft, same as Signature Tower.

Don't feel bad, neither am I! Man I can't wait to hear and see something. What time is it supposed to be over with? I just trying to figure out when we will be able to see some pictures on the forum. I'm sure that it will be all over the news and the Tennessean as well. Man I hope that all of the rumors turn out to be true :yahoo:

I know. It should be over by 7, so I'm expecting pictures by 8. If not, I'll be angry. :tough: Or at least very anxious. :w00t:

Lol, I'm right there with ya. As soon as the clock strikes 7 I'll be checking this place over and over again....it's weird to get so excited over a damn building

Lol, I'm right there with ya. As soon as the clock strikes 7 I'll be checking this place over and over again....it's weird to get so excited over a damn building

Isn't it though! I have already been to SSP website to look at the old rendering. It is pretty interesting that if Siggy is a foot taller than the Chrysler Building then that would be 320 meters! The height scale for the building diagrams in Nashville on the SSP website don't even go that high for us! I guess (hope) that will be changing soon. I went to other city diagrams to compare and Library Tower in L.A. is just 10 meters short of Siggy so if you go by that comparison you can actually appreciate the height of Siggy. The Chrysler is dwarfed by so many other buildings in NYC but Library tower in LA is actualy the cities tallest and it really makes a precense on the LA skyline. I hope that Signature Tower is really going to be 1047' that will be awesome. Going by the meter chart on SSP 320 meters converts to roughly 1049 feet. Hopefuly in a little over an hour we will all know (those of us ofcourse who are not at the party :( )

I can't help thinking that massive disappointment everyone (including me) is going to have if this thing is just 55 stories and the original 750 feet. I can just hear the incredible groan that would occur from all us at UP....

Archived