Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that updated rendering is in ad in today's City Paper--the crown does sorta look almost like it is made of glass.

Here's the pic from the ad--sig111.jpg

versus an older rendering: siggy2.jpg

The pic from the ad looks better than the slotted crown. Either is okay but I'd choose the top one as it looks more like the original design before the slots were put in.

The pic from the ad looks better than the slotted crown. Either is okay but I'd choose the top one as it looks more like the original design before the slots were put in.

I agree. I like the new design of the crown and spire better, and I like the way the same design is incorporated at the top of the hotel section....Very cool, IMO.

By the way, thanks Southside for posting.

Why do you continue to throw incorrect insults at the people? There is absolutely no reason for a comment such as this on this board, and I am getting tired of this mentality that anyone, who might question if this developer has viable plans, is somehow being unfair because they are lost in some kind of social dogma.

Furthermore you insult all of us who have posted in this thread with reasonable questions with your high handed dismissal, especially one written in the 3rd person because you can't refer to anything specific. Please go somewhere else if this is all that you can do because I have said time and time again this is not a skyscraper fanboi site or newspaper that refers to people as sourpusses.

Damn

Come on, Metro...what's wrong with debate? There have been some on here that feel that since Signature Tower is expensive, it shouldn't be built. That it shouldn't be just for those with money. Those people who feel that way are free to feel that way, but if they're gonna post that belief on here, aren't we free to voice an opposite view? Just because someone disagrees with you, that doesn't mean they're insulting you (unless they come right out and call you a name.)

I respect your views...and I sometimes disagree with your views, as you also sometimes disagree with mine. Like that famous poet Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along?" :thumbsup:

You make good points. My "supposition" is actually more of a question to the forumers, including you, asking whether or not Tony could be keeping some things under wrap? It appears that Palmer is moving forward with WES, yet there's still alot we don't know. Do you think the same thing could be happening with Siggy and Tony? You're forementioned reasons why he would not make sense...but could you be wrong?

Of course I could. It's just much more likely that I'm not, at least as to the question of whether Tony is sitting on good news.

I don't know. I like the transparent look. That's really cool. But I wish there were 3 or 4 layers of the spire, like there used to be, instead of just 2. And I really hope the base is still detailed. The old one was awesome, and looked really really nice. The new one looks really boring, and just average. I hope it didn't change to much...I liked the rock.

I don't know. I like the transparent look. That's really cool. But I wish there were 3 or 4 layers of the spire, like there used to be, instead of just 2. And I really hope the base is still detailed. The old one was awesome, and looked really really nice. The new one looks really boring, and just average. I hope it didn't change to much...I liked the rock.

I would make a bet that the spire has been value engineered. With it being more open, that cuts down on the wind resistance, which alters how much you have to do in support on the rest of the building, which lowers construction costs.

I would make a bet that the spire has been value engineered. With it being more open, that cuts down on the wind resistance, which alters how much you have to do in support on the rest of the building, which lowers construction costs.

I have been told in conversation that the construction firm and Tony are getiing closer on the numbers. Obviously this does not mean it will be built but it couldn't hurt either.

Please correct me if I am totally off base in my recollections about this crown, but wasn't the design of the fins suppose to aid the cooling and heating systems of the building. The engineer in me says that if this is the case, this may be the reason the look of it keeps changing.

Please correct me if I am totally off base in my recollections about this crown, but wasn't the design of the fins suppose to aid the cooling and heating systems of the building. The engineer in me says that if this is the case, this may be the reason the look of it keeps changing.

Tony G said that the winds are going to be very strong at this height. He's trying to reduce the pressure on the building, by having the crown designed so a lot of the wind pressure would be reduced. That's why the crown has changed in the last rendering.

I'm pretty sure that was my post which you guys are referring to, but somebody deleted it with a whole block of posts. It was in this thread. It had a description of the wind speeds at different heights for two buildings in Atlanta and their different top designs. It also had a link to an article about the BofA design (ATL) and how they studied different sounds for different designs in a windtunnel.

Archived