Signature Tower

NewTowner

Welcome to the forum.

I drove by the site today and was searching for a parking notice just incase there was one but I didn't find one. I must say I didn't drive by one side nor did I catch the signs as you pay to go into the lot. I'll have to do a walk by tomarrow and check for it. I did see an older couple staring at the signs around the lot and motioning up and down in the air as they visuallized the tower. I drove around the block and followed them as they headed into the Suntrust building. Nice to see interest in the tower is still there.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where is exactly is the info coming from that the tower is 1,030 ft. vice 1,057FT ? I'm not too sure how accurate that article is because it even lists the wrong info for the current tallest which i believe is Library Tower in L.A. not the building that the article refers to. :huh:

So I stopped by the site this morning while getting coffee and there are no signs posted about the lot closing. I spoke with the parking guy and he said he'd been told prepare for the lot to be closed later this month but had not been given any signs........Good News????????

Well he then followed the statement with, but I've been told the same thing the last two months and we're still open.

It's interesting that they may have been shooting for a May or June Groundbreaking

As of any notification of a 21rst closing (2 days away) there is none on site...... I would expect they give people at least a weeks notice.

Time will tell.......

How many people in America know the tallest building outside of New York or Chicago is 1,047'? (i think, hell, I don't even know)

99.98627% of the population that sees this building in the skyline won't know (or care) its actual height, and how that compares to buildings in Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, LA, etc....

Even worse, what if people look at it and say, damn, Nashville only has one tall building in the entire city.

My point is, to the general population, building heights are relative to the surroundings and to buildings in their hometowns that they are familiar with.

If it's built, it's going to be an extremely tall, impressive building, and the symbol for Nashville for a long time.

1,030 or 1,057 won't be perceptable from any angle or distance. I imagine he is just knocking a few feet off the crown. I remember when everyone was excited at the 700' prospect and then when the design changed and we all speculated "Gosh...it must be over 800 feet tall!" Nobody every imagined it would top 900 feet, let alone 1,000. Nashville should be shocked and awed to have a mastadon building like that going up in a city that size.

And you will still retain the tallest outside of NY and Chicago (knowing very well Miami and other cities may not let you keep that long).

1,030 or 1,057 won't be perceptable from any angle or distance. I imagine he is just knocking a few feet off the crown. I remember when everyone was excited at the 700' prospect and then when the design changed and we all speculated "Gosh...it must be over 800 feet tall!" Nobody every imagined it would top 900 feet, let alone 1,000. Nashville should be shocked and awed to have a mastadon building like that going up in a city that size.

And you will still retain the tallest outside of NY and Chicago (knowing very well Miami and other cities may not let you keep that long).

Your right, especially when there's nothing else remotely close to this height in our skyline, 27 ft won't make a difference really at all.

A 1,000ft+ tall tower standing in the skyline we have right now will still look very massive and very impressive. :w00t:

I just want to see some earth moving before I have an anxiety attack!!! :silly:

Your right, especially when there's nothing else remotely close to this height in our skyline, 27 ft won't make a difference really at all.

A 1,000ft+ tall tower standing in the skyline we have right now will still look very massive and very impressive. :w00t:

I just want to see some earth moving before I have an anxiety attack!!! :silly:

I really hope it woks out for ya'll.

I know what you mean. In my town a tower is going to be constructed approximately 1/2 / 1/3 the size. It started out 17 stories, rose to 23, then spit into 18 & 27, then rose to 36, hurricanes came an knocked it down to 30 and it is being redesigned yet (all happening over the course of several years) again and this year groundbreaking has been moved from April to June to September to as late as November. <_< If it dosen't happen by then think I'll going to die! :P

Yes. I would venture some of the original reservations were not converted and these new ones represent actual sales. This is just my own speculation. I just wish they would change the wording from "reserved" to "sold".

So there is no sold and reservation columns, just reserved. So there could be 126 reservations pending; with the sold contracts already removed from that number -but not listed- correct? Either way, the higher reserved number is nothing but a good indicator for the project.

So there is no sold and reservation columns, just reserved. So there could be 126 reservations pending; with the sold contracts already removed from that number -but not listed- correct? Either way, the higher reserved number is nothing but a good indicator for the project.

I don't believe that's how it works. I believe the "reserved" numbers were originally just that...reserved. But in May the reserved figures were supposed to begin converting to hard contracts. As this process played out, the reserved numbers dropped as low as 98 (by my count give or take a couple). They then started to climb again by nearly 30 in the last week or so. The problem is they are all still listed as reserved so there is no way to know what is a hard contract and what is a new reserved unit. I hope what is left is contracts.

So, is that 140 reserved over/above units sold ?

again, we have no absolute confirmation that those are sold, but considering we know they are in the process of converting to sales, it wouldn't make much sense to me that they would still be updating "reservations" and not the actual sales at this point.

That being said, it shouldn't be hard to change that word on the website to sales or sold rather than reservations or reserved and that would put to rest the debate.

^ You are dead on. The minute Tony has a total sold number that he is proud to post it will be posted ("sold" rather than "reserved"). Until then I think the only thing we can gleen from the website activity is that he fears even more skepticism if the public were to know how many (or few) he actually had. I thought it was interesting that when recently interviewed by WW he declined to say how many sold units he had at that point, instead offering only that he hoped to have 100 sold by the end of this month. No news is very unlikely to ever be good news from a guy prone to use almost any measure to generate publicity.

^ You are dead on. The minute Tony has a total sold number that he is proud to post it will be posted ("sold" rather than "reserved"). Until then I think the only thing we can gleen from the website activity is that he fears even more skepticism if the public were to know how many (or few) he actually had. I thought it was interesting that when recently interviewed by WW he declined to say how many sold units he had at that point, instead offering only that he hoped to have 100 sold by the end of this month. No news is very unlikely to ever be good news from a guy prone to use almost any measure to generate publicity.

I've agreed with some of your skepticism of late as you are somewhat knowledgable but not this time. No news may actually mean no news.

That said, the units that are now reserved beyond the low of 98 are different units than before including an entire floor that was barely touched prior to this. It is also more concentrated on the main core of the building where the most similarly priced units are and where TG needed the demand. This means new reservations by new people. I'm not sure how anyone can glean anything negative from new reservations whether they are considered "hard sales" or not.

This means new reservations by new people.

Interesting how you speak so conclusively about what is obviously only a theory. We can agree to disagree. You guys can try and read as much positive spin into his website reservation updates as you'd like. Anything is theoretically possible but after almost 3 years Tony has yet to sit on any good news and it's simply not plausible to me that he would. In any event it seems very unlikely that he'll sustain a pace that would get him to 260 presales (it's generally much slower after the sales center has been open for 90 days) anyway and I still don't think he'd find financing at that level of presales even if he had that today. BTW, don't take my word for my take on his chances of getting financing just chat with any reputable real estate lender in town. All of them I've spoken with see ST as kind of a joke at this point. One even recently referred to ST as Tony's Folly.

Interesting how you speak so conclusively about what is obviously only a theory. We can agree to disagree. You guys can try and read as much positive spin into his website reservation updates as you'd like. Anything is theoretically possible but after almost 3 years Tony has yet to sit on any good news and it's simply not plausible to me that he would. In any event it seems very unlikely that he'll sustain a pace that would get him to 260 presales (it's generally much slower after the sales center has been open for 90 days) anyway and I still don't think he'd find financing at that level of presales even if he had that today. BTW, don't take my word for my take on his chances of getting financing just chat with any reputable real estate lender in town. All of them I've spoken with see ST as kind of a joke at this point. One even recently referred to ST as Tony's Folly.

I'm not saying it's a sure thing but I am saying more reservations are good news. It certainly isn't bad at this point. I do know of one poster on another site who said the following:

To everyone with questions and misconceptions of Signature Tower Nashville, let me do some clarification if you don't mind. First I have bought in the tower and can confirm that reservations have and are being converted to contract....therefore this project is happening.

Second, the building will be breaking ground within the next two weeks, due to the estimated two months of blasting for the project and the problems that will be posed due to the poor mismanagement of the previous demolition of the former Cain Sloane Department store there is some leg work taking place to ensure as little inconvenience as possible to the current tenants of this extremely busy downtown business district.

Third, confirmation and notification has been sent out to the local residents and businesses to inform of the pending blasting.

Fourth, the FAA and local government have already redrawn approach and take off patterns for one of the runways at Nashville International Airport due to the forming height restrictions in the central business district that have since been shattered from the sheer height of this project.

Fifth, it was confirmed to my by Tony himself that the building is still at 70 stories and 1057' tall.

I hope this not only puts all my fellow proud Nashvillians at ease but also takes the doubt away from those proud citizens of the current skyscraper capitals of this nation; Nashville is not only knocking on your door, we are opening and taking our seat with the ranks of you. Can't wait to see it complete!

Now this guy could be pulling chains but who knows?

Archived